Rumors?

cadboy

I was browsing the movieworld page on wikipedia and came across this "2008 will see the park build a roof over Main Street, similar to that of Universal Studios Japan and Tokyo Disneyland.There will be a new stunt show opening in October 2008, named the Hollywood Stunt Driver replacing the old Police Academy Stunt Show, which will close Mid 2008. A new roller coaster is also rumored for the park, though little is known about the project at this stage." It says a new rollercoaster is rumored for the park, does anyone have any info on this. Now i know that wiki is not a reliable source so I am not really taking this as fact but if anyone has any ideas, info or thoughts fell free to post them up. If movieworld were getting another coaster this year which IMO is unlikely wouldn't we know something about it now :huh: Cheers ;)

Personally, I believe everything in that post except the roof over main street. PA did close mid-2008, Hollywood stunt driver is scheduled to open in Oct 2008, and a new rollercoaster is rumored for the park, with little known at this stage... of course, this says nothing about WHEN the coaster will open. My prediction is the new coaster will be open sometime before 2015. To be honest this wiki sounds alot like the posts of either Ash, Patrick or the long since gone Nightshifter. Frankly all of this information has been debated and discussed over and over on these very boards.

To Ash's defense here, I have also heard the Roof rumor from several staff members within WVTP. I havn't heard any updates for a while on it, so we will just have to wait and see how it pans out. And... if none of the parks have a new coaster planned for the next 10 years, I will loose all faith and be forced to believe in Scientology.

I hate to say it but the roof has been confirmed by multiple people in high positions so its happening. On the ride I don't know anything but I have been hearing rumours that there is a ride in planning stage and its planned to go behind scooby, I don't know if its true or not but that's just the rumours I have heard around.

I hate to say it but the roof has been confirmed by multiple people in high positions so its happening.
That sucks!
On the ride I don't know anything but I have been hearing rumours that there is a ride in planning stage and its planned to go behind scooby, I don't know if its true or not but that's just the rumours I have heard around.
Well I hope your right. I wonder if its a Wild west area expansion though I doubt it.

I hate to say it but the roof has been confirmed by multiple people in high positions so its happening. On the ride I don't know anything but I have been hearing rumours that there is a ride in planning stage and its planned to go behind scooby, I don't know if its true or not but that's just the rumours I have heard around.
Well now... it's funny how a new name, signature banner and avatar attempts to give you more credibility zane, but it doesn't succeed. In your previous persona, you continuously sprouted rumors from high sources. Not one of them is yet to be credible, and this isn't either. Your rumors tend to be topics that have already been spoken about by others. It may happen, but you can't be sprouting off "confirmed by multiple people in high positions" without some form of proof, or at least a little pre-established credibility. If Rabid, or Rappa mentioned a whisper of this, it'd be believeable. If someone else backed up your claims, it might have some credence. If Richard came on with info, i'd take it. Let me put a few things out there that we've seen before:
  1. i don't know anything but...
  2. i've been hearing rumors that a ride is in planning
  3. it's planned to go....
  4. i don't know if its true or not but...
  5. thats just the rumors I have heard around
I can put that out there too... I don't know anything but i've been hearing rumors that The Sydney Harbour Bridge will find a permanent home in dreamworld. It's planned to go into wiggles world as a shortcut to Nick Central. I don't know if its true or not, but thats just the rumors I have heard around. Now heres the kicker... everything I said about takes something that could happen, and it is something that is conceivably possible. But, if it didn't happen, i've absolved myself from all blame or ridicule that I was wrong. If you've got proof, or some statement of substance, then make it, and stand behind it. Stop sprouting off generalised rumors that are crap, 3 year old discussions on these forums, or at best, your own imagination. The roof was talked about on these very forums a few months ago. The coaster behind scooby's area was talked about on and off again for the last 2 odd years. Theres no new "rumors" here... they're all recycled crap. Show some proof, or sod off. Putting a MW logo in your signature and avatar does not give you any more credibility than any of your previous personas. ***As an afterthought - isn't it funny that his responses have been backing up the details in the Wiki? Me thinks the Wiki may have been the work of one "ShadowXL" Edited by AlexB

You have to remember though that people who post under an alias can usually get away with saying what they've heard from 'inside.' I choose not to hide my identity and everyone at work knows who Rabid is so we can't do that. So if I had been called in to see the plans for the new coaster and the sale contract was sitting signed on the desk I still couldn't 'mention a whisper' about it because its against our employment contact. BTW I haven't had any such meeting. Sometimes you'd be surprised by what rumours actually are true. I can say that the rumour mill is flying thick and fast amongst people at the moment so I wouldn't be surprised if something comes of it. I usually base my judgement on how much info is in the rumour. Like if someone tells me what it is, what it's based on, where it's going and all that then there is a good chance it's real. If its just "hey a coaster is going in" I'll hold off on believing. From what I've been told though is you can see contruction markers all down Main Street right now so I recon you can confirm the one about the roof.

Well now... it's funny how a new name, signature banner and avatar attempts to give you more credibility zane, but it doesn't succeed.
Well I hate to stop you right there but I'm not zane.
Show some proof, or sod off. Putting a MW logo in your signature and avatar does not give you any more credibility than any of your previous personas. ***As an afterthought - isn't it funny that his responses have been backing up the details in the Wiki? Me thinks the Wiki may have been the work of one "ShadowXL"
I never put the Movieworld logo in my signature as a way to gain credibility. This is a forum about theme parks, Movieworld is a theme park which al tho while I work there it happens to be my favourite park, especially since I have not been overseas. I thought why not show that by putting a movieworld logo in my signature. Also I could not think of anything else to have as a signature. I have never editied a wiki before. I joined once and tried to edit one, I can't remember what on and I could not work out what I was doing so I gave up and have never tried again. I don't know why your attacking me, I am just saying what I have been told to you but I can't give every detail because quite frankly I like my job and would like to keep it. I said the ride story was a rumour because I have only heard it from general employees and no one bigger. The roof I know is happening because it was told to all the staff at a event night for staff. He asked questions about the rumours on wikipedia and I joined the discussion with the knowledge I know. Isn't that what a forum is all about? Edited by ShadowXL

Ok my apologies, There was a post a while back that was quoted, titled by Zane, and when I went back up in the thread the quote was under your name. I may have been mistaken, so sorry about that. You have to understand that we have had many people come on here talking up things happening in the parks. Rarely does it happen, and is usually more sensationalised and people seeking their own attention. Roofwise, as I said it had been discussed already, and it wouldn't be R-C.com.au (yes, I know it's changed) without at least one rumor per quarter saying "i don't know but but this is happening" for at least one of the parks. I'm sorry but I wasn't aware of your position within WVTP. As I said already, I thought you were someone else, so I lent it no credence. I will say that it is good to have yet another staff member on the boards.