day at www 24th may.

EDIT. title is supposed to be 24rd of May. First park off the list was White Water World on Saturday the 24rd of May. Driving up to the entrance, we thought that it was closed, as we couldn’t see anyone inside! It basically stayed that way all day, there was almost never any lineups, so we could just walk-on to everything. Supertubes Hydrocoaster broke down twice (that I’m aware of), once when I was inline, another when I was sitting in the tube ready to go. From what I’m aware of, it was the same problem twice. The ride operator couldn’t get the ride started, and the buttons weren’t working, so she called up a Dreamworld mechanic and he got things started, but my dad and I were waiting in the tube for about 10 minutes waiting for it to start before the mechanic rocked up. Apart from those two mishaps, I love STHC, after more than 5 rides, it surprises me everytime at the speed at which the tubes glide up the hills! Also, I love the Green Room and we got to ride it at least 6 times. I rode the Tornado at Wet n Wild a couple of years ago, but Green Room was just a lot more enjoyable, what with the 4 leaf clover tubes, and only 2 person tubes at Wet n Wild last time. Also, we seemed to gain a lot more speed than the Tornado, and we went a lot higher. The RIP was very fun, that first drop in complete darkness surprised me every time! Also, the Little Rippers were fun, but the RIP was better in my opinion. The Temple of Huey was quite good, I love the Cut Snake and Broken Headz, but Screamin Right Hander wasn’t as fun for me though. BRO wasn’t as enjoyable as some of the other slides, as I could never get started! I find it easy to get started on the Aqua Racer at Wet n Wild, but I was always stuck waiting to get going on BRO. The first time we climbed the stairs to BRO, at the beginning before the stairs, we didn’t go around the queue lineup part, so we didn’t realise we had to get a mat, so when we got to the top we were all a bit confused on how to go down, but the ride operator let us go up to the RIP instead. Pipeline Plunge was closed, but I don’t think I really missed out on much there. Cave of Waves was pretty good, we returned there a few times as the water there was a lot warmer than the slides. At the end of the day we were going to head over to Dreamworld as we had WorldPasses, but we decided to have the whole day at Dreamworld a few days later. Overall, WWW was a very enjoyable day, and we were somewhat spoilt with the ability to walk on to almost every ride.

Edited by revolutionx

See, I was heading down to SW one afternoon on a day with somewhat crappy weather, and I was honestly wondering whether WWW was actually closed when I drove past (a number of slides didn't seem to have water running down them, and I couldn't see anyone climbing stairs. Were they running the rides in rotation with each other because of the low crowds?

:blink: I mean that they don't have all the rides going at once. For example for an hour they would have the Green Room open, but have the Hydrocoaster closed, then for the next hour have Hydrocoaster open and Green Room closed, and so forth all day. Hence they are running in rotation (rotating roster) It is a common practice at some parks on quiet days, it means you only need half staffing, and reduced running costs. Edited by Gazza

Haha, it was really good, no lineups at ALL. There would have been less than 50 guests there, probably. It was surprising, what with it being the weekend.
From Memory the 24th was the day they had 64 guests in. Thursday just gone was worse with 46 ahaha.

From Memory the 24th was the day they had 64 guests in. Thursday just gone was worse with 46 ahaha.
My guess was pretty close. On the 30th of May, at Dreamworld I was looking over at WWW in the afternoon, near closing time, and there was only ONE person that I could see as I was inline for the Cyclone. It was rainy that day, but it was even rainer at WnW the day before, and there were still people there.

• 1 month later...

^I thought I was the only one. I like Cut Snake the most too because of that speedy final helix.

EDIT. title is supposed to be 24rd of May..... First park off the list was White Water World on Saturday the 24rd of May
Lol, so you went on the twenty-ford of May? It is 24th (twenty-fourth) so the thread title is right. Take the last two letters of the counting word and that's what you use, so "rd" would actually be used for 3rd (Third). Edited by Gazza