Luna Park Sydney

cadboy

I love Luna Park because it's such a relaxed environment. If I were you I would spend the best part of the day there, walk around, catch some rides (Although, they are just Carni rides) and just have a chill day with some action on the rides. Catch a ferry across from Circular Quay (if that's where your coming from) It's a great place just to hang out and have some fun. But that's just IMO. :) T

Umm, I don't think I've ever been during the holidays... But at a guess, I would say the lines would be not HUGE, but decent enough for a wait. But then again most of the rides a fairly high capacity. Obviously you would be waiting for the Wild Mouse because it's the only coaster... However, I am not 100% sure. Has anyone been to Luna Park during the holidays?

• 7 months later...

How about you just ask them nicely? Surely if you ask them nicely, they will let you on the rotor, and you won't need to ride it defiantly... Or did you mean "definitely" - meaning you surely will, as opposed to defiantly, where you are doing it despite being told not to...?

I went to LPS in the holidays. I was going with a group and thought it would be a nightmare because all the crowds. <_< It Was deserted :blink::) I was there from 3-6pm and got on all the rides. If you ask me, you just got to pick the right day. And even though nearly all the rides are carnival rides, for some reason its still fun.

I walked past today and the temporary flume ride attraction was quite busy. I can understand why as it was such a hot day. The rest of the park didn't seem overly busy but the flume had a decent sized queue. As far as temporary additions go I think this ride is a good one. I always thought Luna Park was lacking a water ride and was hoping they might bring back the River Caves one day. I do not like temporary attractions in a permanent fun park but if they insist on doing this then I think the flume was a good choice. It helps to diversify the parks offerings from just spin and spew rides

I went to LPS in the holidays. I was going with a group and thought it would be a nightmare because all the crowds. <_< It Was deserted :blink::) I was there from 3-6pm and got on all the rides. If you ask me, you just got to pick the right day. And even though nearly all the rides are carnival rides, for some reason its still fun.
Park attendance is up around 15% this year. Re Big Splash: Yeah it's pretty popular. It's a quick queue, so even though it's big you'd have gotten through that queue in about 2-5 mins. Edited by Nebuchanezzar

• 2 weeks later...
Park attendance is up around 15% this year. Re Big Splash: Yeah it's pretty popular. It's a quick queue, so even though it's big you'd have gotten through that queue in about 2-5 mins.
Yeah I went yesterday (Friday 23rd January) and the park was absolutely packed. Queues for many of the rides were 10-15 minutes, and the Wild Mouse was 30 minutes (which isn't THAT bad - considering many of the QLD parks have queues of an hour or longer during peak periods). The Big Splash was a fantastic ride - and you're only waiting about 5 minutes even if the queue exceeds the length of railing (ie. 100-200 people in line). It also does diversify the park which is excellent. I hope LPS introduce some new rides - maybe a new "Big Dipper" or create a permanent log ride. Of course, the problem herein is a lack of room. All in all, it was a fantastic day. And with the new $99 annual pass - I think it is a bargain. Even though the rides are only carni rides - it is still a load of fun.

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure you will find the Big Splash has gone already it was only a seasonal Attraction Mainly for the Christmas holiday period. Mind you it was a really good ride i happen to be in Sydney each year around New Years for party celebrations till the end of Jan so i usually venture down to luna park and This year i was actually very impressed with Luna park on my visit.

Pitty the food is so expensive. But up the road near BWS under the bridge on other side, there is the most amazing gourmet pizza and is sooo filling , in a small italian restraunt. I insist on going there if you go to LPS (instead of wasting more money for less food and of poorer quality). LPS is good. But sydney needs better. (I stress 'NEEDS')

The stupid government pr enviro ppl and local residents got to choose between 'disney land style tp' or nature reserve. Sure enough they chose the nature reserve <_< . . or thats what ive heard regarding disney land and the unutalised balmain area. LPS would go out of business :lol: .

Id give up the entire of Lunapark Sydney to see AU with a B&M.. I only go to the place in the school holidays now to try out the extra rides. Previous years it has been Mega drop, Speed, Haunted House, Power surge, Shockwave, Energy storm, Hurricane, Cha cha, Round up and other various kiddie rides, shows etc. The other rides get lame after 1 billion visits.

Id give up the entire of Lunapark Sydney to see AU with a B&M.. I only go to the place in the school holidays now to try out the extra rides. Previous years it has been Mega drop, Speed, Haunted House, Power surge, Shockwave, Energy storm, Hurricane, Cha cha, Round up and other various kiddie rides, shows etc. The other rides get lame after 1 billion visits.
Pauuly LPS is an intrinsic part of Sydney and indeed Australia's fun park history. It should be protected at all costs. Your comments to me are a tad immature. Any park that you visit after "a billion times" would start to get boring. If you lived near the Qld parks and visited them with th same regularity then the same feeling will occur. Is LPS the very best it could be in its current incarnation? Definitely not ,but I for one am glad that this 70yrs+ piece of amusement history is still in being and feel that it could survive quite amicably with another park located in Sydney/NSW. Calls for it to be wiped out for one B&M coaster just highlights your ignorance and youth I suppose. Cheers Jobe

yeaup. I guess it proves my generation is lazy and ignorant(:
Well I think it says more about you personally than anything else. I dont subscribe to the view that everyone from your generation is lazy or ignorant. Matter of fact I dont think you are lazy...I dont know you to form that opinion!! I just disagree with your views on Luna Park Sydney. Cheers Jobe Edited by Jobe