Universal Studios Singapore

Gazza

• 3 weeks later...

It's on Sentosa island (Hence the larger development being named Resorts World at Sentosa) http://www.sentosa.com.sg/useful_info/getting_to.html From what I have seen the monorail is a good place to get photos :) Edit: I was doing some browsing, and another (really good a might add) construction update has turned up: http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/univer...dios-singapore/ You can see a Lost World (Jurrassic Park) Rapids ride, the Revenge of the Mummy coaster, Waterworld Show and slightly more of the Battlestar coasters.

Edited by Gazza

Cadboy just to make it waaaaayyyyyyyy, easier for everyone,: its the most southerly point of asia, or if you actually want to look around for it just try to find an overhaead highway thats just down the road from a university. where if you then follow that OH highway and then hit a sky/cable way and a giant building with the words:"VIVO city" printed onto it your preatty much there and it will only cost you about $4 or so for an adult and about 2 for a kid . (but thats just for enty to sentosa though, and dont forget to look for a place called equinox(*?) its edible heaven)

• 3 weeks later...

Photos of the Battlestar coaster layouts have turned up! It appears one of the dueling elements will be the sitdown wrapping around the middle of the Cobra Roll, whilst another part will be a sit down airtime hill going flying past the apex of the vertical loop. post-88-1245412085_thumb.jpg post-88-1245412106_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

• 2 months later...

Thought I might post a few more of the things going on. The Jurrassic park rapids ride is coming along, and it will feature a vertical lift. p8220559_291.jpgp8220558_550.jpg Suprisingly, a Pteranadon Flyers type ride is going up. Suprising, because the IOA version has abysmal capacity...Hopefully they have designed this to run more than three, two person cars. db_2009_0831_SuspendedCoaster11.jpg There is also a madagascar themed ride going up, and it appears it will work like Bubbleworks at Chessington, with small circular tubs. p8220548_670.jpg The Battlestar dueling coaster is largley finished, but its going to have a hulk style uphill launch at 60km/h (Though with LSMs and not tyres) db_2009_0811_USS_Battlestar11.jpgdb_2009_0831_Battlestar01.jpgp8220557_176.jpg There is also a nice slideshow of pics taken a couple of days ago here.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday i was going through a tray thing looking for bus timetables but what i also found was my sentosa map (its been just over a year now since i was there (2nd of october to the 9th of october)) and noticed that the map includes whats going into the "Resorts world at Sentosa": Universal studios Crane dance Festive walk Le Vie Maritime Xperimental Museum Marine Life Park Equarious Water Park and The SPA and for accommodation there is: Maxims Residences Hotel Michael Festive Hotel and a Hard Rock Hotel the Equarious Hotel and ESPA villages and all into a small area (the picture wont upload)

Edited by jjuttp

• 2 weeks later...

The park map and the full line-up of attractions have now been released: http://www.rwsentosa.com/USS_map_Eng/en_map-uss.html Hollywood -Pantages Hollywood Theatre. The parks main venue with 1500 seats. Will have the Universal Monsters Rock and Roll show from Universal Japan. Madagascar -Madagascar: a Crate Adventure. A kids indoor boat ride (With a short outdoor section), I guess it would be comparable to the Looney Tunes River Ride. -King Juliens Beach Party Go Round. A carousel with African animals. Far Far Away -Shrek 4D -Enchanted Airways. A Vekoma Rollerskater with a train themed to look like 'Dragon' (Does Donkeys girlfriend actually have a proper name?). -Donkey Live: A show where you can talk to Donkey. From memory this is at USH, and is just a animatronic with an operator that cracks jokes etc. -Magic Potion Spin: A mini ferris wheel themed to be a machine in a potion factory. The Lost World -Waterworld Show -Amber Rock Climb. I'm presuming this is an upcharge. -Dino Soarin'. A hub and spoke type ride like Astro Orbitor, Dumbo etc. -Canopy Flyer. A suspended single rail coaster similar to Pteranadon Flyers at IOA. -Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure. Similar to the Jurrasic Park rides at the other Universal parks, but its a rapids instead of a flume ride. Ancient Egypt -Revenge of the Mummy. Indoor coaster....I'm wondering wether it will take after the Hollywood version or the Orlando version, or something else all together. -Treasure Hunters. A vintage car ride through ancient ruins. Sci Fi City -Battlestar Galactica Human. A Vekoma sitdown, without inversions. -Battlestar Galactica Cylon: A vekoma SLC, with inversions. -Accelerator: Teacups Ride, similar to Storm Force Acceleratron at IOA -Transformers. A Spiderman style 4D dark ride. Bugger, this one wont open till 2011...I think I may well just hold off until then. New York -Lights, Camera, Action. Hosted by Steven Speilberg. I think this is just their Earthquake/Twister equivalent. You see a Hurricane hit New York. -Stage 28. Seems to be a museum showing how stuff is done, as well as holding film memorabilia.

Edited by Gazza

• 4 weeks later...
hmm.. I don't wanna sound hasty because I know it's still in test mode, is it just me or does the ride seem slow? -In particular the "Human" side which, granted is intended to be the more family friendly side but it just seems to struggle to the finish line.
They do both seem a bit slow dont they. Any speed stats available yet?

• 1 month later...

Well, the park is due to open in a few weeks, and it really does look great: Looking forward to what they might do with this version of ROTM. 22170_251221664689_86862329689_3338523_2821570_n.jpg Knock off of Storm Force Acceleratron at IOA. 22170_251215699689_86862329689_3338479_2653799_n.jpg The main upcharge, the amber rock climb: 22170_251221634689_86862329689_3338519_253180_n.jpg Beats the vintage cars at DW, thats for sure. 22170_251221519689_86862329689_3338507_6281577_n.jpg Far Far Away boulevard...If the final park doesn't have two Starbucks across the road from each other, and a Burger Prince ill be disappointed. 22170_252749379689_86862329689_3343644_8119230_n.jpg Far Far Away castle....I was told by someone that apparently Universal want to have bigger castles than Disney (Hence Harry Potter at IOA as well) 22170_251221569689_86862329689_3338513_2332100_n_173.jpg Despite all this, I do think MW has a better looking main street roof: 22170_252749349689_86862329689_3343639_6550440_n.jpg The Shrek meet & greet? 22170_251221719689_86862329689_3338528_1310603_n.jpg The rapids are testing now too:

Edited by Gazza

• 4 weeks later...
Thursday, February 11, 2010 Ticket and Information on the Opening of Universal Studio Singapore on Feb 14th Universal Studios Singapore Festive Tours Universal Studios Singapore will open 5 pm to 9 pm every night from 14 Feb to 21 Feb. Visitors can purchase tickets, costing $10 each, and get dining and shopping vouchers of the same value. The park’s dining and retail outlets will be open for dinners/quick-bites and shopping. Ticket sales start from 11.18am Friday, 12 February, at the ticket booths outside Universal Studios Singapore. Admissions will be limited to 3,000 guests a day to ensure guests get a good experience. Members of the public are discouraged from turning up for the tours without a pre-bought ticket.
Saturday, February 13, 2010 Ticket Update for Preview of USS As of 3:30pm Singapore time all tickets to the Preview Week of Universal Studios Singapore have SOLD OUT.
These tours allow entry into the park to view the scenery and buy merchandise and food. No rides will be operating. With sellout crowds I'm sure there will be some new photos surface within the next day or two. I think the whole concept of the park is really good - take the best of Universal Studios in the US and put them together in a park much like IOA.
They do both seem a bit slow dont they. Any speed stats available yet?
No details for the Cylon Raider (Blue, suspended) but the Human Viper Mark II (Red, seated) has a top speed of 90km/hr. For those that haven't seen it check out their new website which has loads of information about their rides, shows and attractions.