Official Kamikaze Thread

Gazza

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^Bingo, a water park is not the place people would get sloshed at anyway (Probably to expensive for that). I'd imagine they would be serving it just to fill a gap in their offerings, suprise but some people just have a drink because they enjoy it (I think that has sort of been forgotten in all this hype about binge drinking...there seems to be an assumption that people only drink to get drunk), so its nothing more than a complement to their existing F&B offerings. Besides, the attractions already state they are not to be used by those under the influence, so I'd imagine the staff would be able to pull up anybody who somehow did get drunk at the park before any dangerous situations managed to occur.

Edited by Gazza

Back on topic with the new ride, I've been going past W'nW for the past 3 days (on holidays, doing all the themeparks with my family, except W'n'W ;) ) and I still haven't taken a pic from the bus yet. I'll get one on Thursday, going to DW. The whole ride is up, both slides are up I'm pretty sure and the tower. The slide is white with bright blue side gards, so u don't fly off the sides. And the tower is painted....urgghh, makes sick every time i think of the colour. Is painted BRIGHT RED. The whole tower, stairs, supports, everything RED :blink: . At least now they are getting a bit more adventurous with colours they use to paint their slides. Other than the combination of white, blue, green, yellow and black. As i said i'll try and get a pick from the bus tomoz. :)

To Joz, I've worked in various places around the gold coast as a life guard, some positions more relevant to this site than others, but any way. Guys i don't mean to steer the topic ... well off topic again but you don't have to be "sloshed" for alcohol and water to be a bad combination. That all i gonna say about that. Coaster teen i drove past this today and the red is nearly blinding form the highway it'll be interesting to see it up close.

And the tower is painted....urgghh, makes sick every time i think of the colour. Is painted BRIGHT RED. The whole tower, stairs, supports, everything RED :blink: . At least now they are getting a bit more adventurous with colours they use to paint their slides. Other than the combination of white, blue, green, yellow and black.
I actually preferred it when WnW had a consistent colour scheme throughout the entire park. It just made everything flow better. The colours gave it a more tropical look.. it suited the park. I haven't seen it yet, but this bright red colour sounds as if it sticks out quite badly. The large variety of colours works for WWW because the park itself somewhat reflects this fun, busy nature. Wheras WnW, to me, seems to have a more relaxed, tropical feel.

Heres the latest release from Myfun:

NEW ATTRACTION PLANNED FOR WET'N'WILD WATER WORLD! Welcome to the future of waterslides! Kamikaze is a wicked multi-million dollar ride ‘on the edge’ of innovation and design technology that will be launched at Wet’n’Wild Water World in September, making this summer Wet’n’Wild’s Biggest’n’Best ever!! Kamikaze is a unique combination wet/dry attraction and the first of its kind in the southern hemisphere. Water spray jets provide a frictionless surface on the giant U-shaped slide as rafts are channelled effortlessly to the bottom. Thrill seekers won’t be able to get enough of this awesome new ride as they plunge down a sheer 11m drop at an angle of 70 degrees – it feel like it’s almost vertical!! Guests will ride if they dare, reaching exhilarating speeds of up to 50km/h as they fly in forward and reverse motions in an extreme thrill experience including a ‘zero gravity’ sensation. It’s great fun for all the family. This new ride is another first for Australia’s biggest water theme park, who introduced the world’s first wet coaster Surfrider last summer.
How is it a wet and dry attraction?

Great pics Gazza. It looks like they have taken inspiration from WWW's BRO for the shade sails ontop of the ride. Just wondering, cause I can't really see in the picture, but will Kamikaze have a conveabelt to take the rafts up? Because I can't stand taking up huge tubes <_< . That's probably why I like WWW over W'n'W, because most of the slides use conveabelts to take the rafts up. Not so much the 1 or 2 person tubes, but the clover-leaf tubes are a pain to walk up the stairs with. And I just got a e-mail from MyFun about the Kamikaze. They major thing they say is that it will be opening on the 1st of October, so not long now guys:

WIN 1 of 5 Family Passes to ride Kamikaze at Wet’n’Wild Water World! Kamikaze is a wicked multi-million dollar ride ‘on the edge’ of innovation and design, opening October 1st at Wet’n’Wild Water World, making this summer Wet’n’Wild’s Biggest’n’Best ever!! Kamikaze is a unique combination wet/dry attraction and the first of its kind in the southern hemisphere. Water spray jets provide a frictionless surface on the giant U-shaped slide as rafts are channelled effortlessly to the bottom. Thrill seekers won’t be able to get enough of this awesome new ride as you plunge down a sheer 11m drop at an angle of 70 degrees – it feels like it’s almost vertical!! Ride if you dare, reach exhilarating speeds of up to 50km/h as you fly in forward and reverse motions in an extreme thrill experience including a ‘zero gravity’ sensation. It’s great fun for all the family. ENTER NOW For your chance to win 1 of 5 Family Passes for two adults and two children (aged 3 – 13 years inclusive) to visit Wet’n’Wild Water World and ride Kamikaze! Don’t forget that MyFun Members save 10% off tickets*! PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE NOW And be one of the first to Freak’n’Fall on Kamikaze at Wet’n’Wild Water World. *On selected tickets prepurchased online or via 133 FUN. $3.95 booking fee applies per transaction through 133 FUN.
Here is a screenshot, If u prefer to read the original article lol :P :

post-1433-1222290125_thumb.jpg

Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

Ah, Freak 'n' Fall was the mini slogan for the ride (Like Mad 'n' Massive for Tornado), I saw it on a bus shelter yesterday and last night I was racking my brain trying to remember what it was. So, opens in 6 days time, I reckon I'll have to head down. One other thing, but I think the shade structure on the platform was a missed opportunity, they should have gone with an Asian style roof...Combined with the red structure it would have gotten a bit of a Japanese feeling across. I mean, still have it as shade cloth, but the metal framework should have had those curved ridges, instead of the dome type thing they decided to go with. See http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/US/Orlando/E..._Pavillion.html

conveabelts
conveyabelts
Conveyor belts?

Looks like Wet N Wild/MyFun pass holders will get in a little early.

We’d like to treat you, our VIP Annual Pass holders with exclusive entry to ride Kamikaze one hour before Wet’n’Wild Water World opens to the public. And breakfast is on us! Numbers will be limited so RSVP early! Wednesday, 8th October 2008 Entry is strictly between 8.30am and 8.45am