Official Kamikaze Thread

Gazza

Funnily enough, that's what I voted for. I guess the dual installation is a point of difference to Tornado...No worse than when WWW put in two more bowl slides in when they already had the rip. The consistent popularity of Tornado sort of proves the public like this style of slide, and the opportunity to ride single is a plus.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://wetnwild.myfun.com.au/Park-Info/New...WATER-WORLD.htm
NEW ATTRACTION PLANNED FOR WET'N'WILD WATER WORLD! Wet’n’Wild Water World has announced plans to open a new multi-million dollar attraction, Kamikaze, in September to make this summer its biggest’n’best yet!! Warner Village Theme Parks Chief Executive Officer, John Menzies, said that the new attraction was on the cutting edge of innovation and design. “We expect this new attraction to be a big hit with our thrill seeking teens and adventurous families”. “It’s an extremely unique attraction and the first of its kind in the southern hemisphere. We ask guests ‘Ride if you dare!’ – it’s going to be one of those rides that keep you coming back for more”, he said. This new ride is another first for Australia’s biggest water theme park, who introduced the world’s first wet coaster Surfrider last summer. Mr Menzies said that with the new attraction, Wet’n’Wild Water World lives up to its reputation of being the biggest and best water park, now offering a total of 30 rides. And what better way to experience Kamikaze than with a Wet’n’Wild MyFun Annual Pass! “It’s perfect for the family in the current economic climate. Wet’n’Wild is going to be the place to be this summer and a Wet’n’Wild MyFun annual pass is the perfect solution for families who are facing difficulties affording a Christmas holiday” he said. MyFun Annual passes are available for $99 for a limited time. Customers can choose from Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World or Wet’n’Wild Water World and capitalise on all the fun and excitement this summer for a fraction of the price. This offer is available for a limited time only. To purchase visit MyFun.com.au or call 133 FUN*. * $3.95 booking fee applies to all bookings through 133FUN.
Well it is officailly annouced now ;) Kamikaze is it's name which bad because it is completely unwater related. Open for disscusion.

I was on W'n'W's myfun website just know and on the page it has the Kamakaze news that we all know about, but it also has a picture of the type of tubes that u are going to ride on. It's down the bottom of the page. MYFUN LINK I think they look kinda stupid if u ask me and weird :blink: . They look like u are riding couch chairs. Here is a screenshot:

post-1433-1219829213_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ian told me a couple of days back that they had finished putting the fibreglass on the structure, and they were now focusing more on the start tower, so I'm not going to bother going down for updates because it will most likey just look very similar to the finished product. Anyone who lives closer is more than welcome to get some pics though :) My bet is that it will open first day of the holidays.

^ I doubt it, many water parks have bars, Oceans of Fun in Kansas City even has a swim up bar, and I'm sure many others do too. If the current trend for theme park drinkers holds true, most of the people who are going to be drinking are people who aren't swimming or staff on a day off. ;)

Edited by joz

I'm sorry but i disagree water and Alcohol never mix. I've worked as a lifeguard and although 99% of people will be fine with it its the 1% you have to resuscitate that makes you wonder if the profits were worth it. Also when has the argument she did it so i can do it ever stand up.