Hollywood Stuntdriver Update Thread

BNErider

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone just watched it today. Definately only two black cars in action plus the one which breaks in half. Also the one which goes backwards was not used perhaps they have cut that out also. The show also seemed to be lacking something...it just felt like it was over sooner...obviously the scene with the reverse car was missing, but it also felt like maybe one of the video replay parts was not shown as I remember the part where you get to watch the semi completed movie seemed to have more impact last time... I am not sure... For me I think the show reached its peak a couple of months ago and has got worse ever since!

• 2 weeks later...

Will say I was somewhat disappointed with HWSD. The stunt driving was average and seemed to be overly repeated. Just seemed to be a heap of figure 8 passes. Saw TopGear Live in February and the stunt driving for part of the show to me was better. First time I went to see HWSD there was too much a of queue, second time I was at the park got to see it and afterwards didn't enjoy it as much as I did Police Academy, sure everyone may have seen PA more times but it was something I would want to do again. HWSD to me didn't have that. Will give them credit for trying something new but for me it was over hyped which was a bit of a let down.

I went to movieworld yesterday with the only intention being to see HWSD again to see how much is changed. What a different atmosphere with only 2 police cars. The show seemed to lack more drama (if thats possible) and there was a lot of empty space that simply wasn't being used. As well as all this, it seems that MW has fixed the problem with the flailing canvas doors. See below.....

post-1671-1245940809_thumb.jpg

Now see, stuff like that nobody can blame on management, clearly an employee doing a half arsed job. But arrgh, seriously replace them with wooden doors, put some foam on the other side so the car doesn't get scratched, and hey presto, a realistic effect.
OR, put the tape on the inside of the door

• 1 year later...

Just to touch on a topic from the past - How come it hasn't been mentioned on these forums yet of MovieWorlds new upcharge attraction, The Hollywood Stunt Driver Pit Pass. People critisied dreamworld when they introduced the V8 Supercars red line attraction now MovieWorlds new $179.00 upcharge hasen't even been spoke about. As a car and theme park enthusiest I will definately be forking out my hard earned to experience this new attraction but I am just wondering what other people on this site think of the Movieworlds latest idea for a moeny grab. Having paid big $$$ to do the WRX experience down the road I believe that this attraction seems good value. Does anybody know anymore about this than what is stated on the MyFun website.

. People critisied dreamworld when they introduced the V8 Supercars red line attraction now MovieWorlds new $179.00 upcharge hasen't even been spoke about.
Maybe because at the time Dreamworld had been doing nothing but upcharges, and it was at the expense of actually doing stuff. In this case all MW is doing is leveraging off something they already have. No different to say at SW and DW where you can pay extra for a closer animal encounter ....But if you don't pay you can still enjoy the animals in the normal viewing areas.

Besides, paying to play what is not much more than a PS3 game inside a motion unit (which you can do at places like time zone) is a fair bit different to the HSD experience. Cost wise, V8RL, once the units have been paid for (which I'd say they'd be close to) they're covering staff, power and occasional maintenance (pretty sure these things are fairly low maintenance because they have that sort of thing in timezone). With HSD, they have the hell drivers, camera crew \ production crew (for the video), photographer, cost of food, maintenance on the vehicles (which as discussed in another thread, the vehicle maintenance costs are pretty high), fuel, and power. I realise there is a huge price gap between the two experiences, but HSD is not taking ANYTHING away from paying guests, contributes more money to the show which will allow them to keep it running (it's earning it's keep so to speak) and will further encourage more expenditure at the park (from both guests and management). V8RL on the other hand is taking up valuable real estate in the park's prime attraction area, and the cost to ride, while not prohibitive, is simply to prevent mile-long queues and nothing more (except the extra $5 for a passenger - thats pure money-making). When it was constructed, Dreamworld touted it as a major attraction - an upcharge in lieu of a more substantial investment. While we're on the subject of capitalising on existing investments, i'd like to see them offer some sort of "premium" Outback Spectacular experience - behind the scenes \ be in the show, something like that...