Hollywood Stuntdriver Update Thread

BNErider

Stay tuned for some photos (When Admins approve them) A lot can happen in a few days, and the set is going up, the logo is on the fence (Very futuristic, almost Dr Who in style) and the price appears to have balooned...Now $10Mil. Therefore it has to be at least half as good as AOS ;) On the carpark training track, the only thing I saw was a red VN Commodore with one of those extra wheels on the side of the car that lets it drive sideways...it was parked at the time though.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They have been up for a little while now, but I had a lot of photos today so they have long been shunted off the main page. http://www.parkz.com.au/photos/AU/Gold_Coa...r/construction/ PS Richo, that construction sign thing on the attraction profile page is really cool, but the paint splats could have been brown (like mud on a construction sign)...Or is it more of a rave construction site?

Edited by Gazza

Woah a lot has been done since last week when I took my pics! :blink: I really think this show is going to rock. I mean $10 million isn't something to be sneezed at. My only fear is that they'll be focussing more on the stunts than anything else, and the rest of the performance will be kinda dull (acting, script, e.t.c.). On a little side note, when I was up on the gc last week, we went to Conrad Jupiters to see the stage show. Before the show I was walking around the different restaurants, and this bar called the Prince Albert I think, had a sign up showing their entertainment lineup for the coming months. And on there was Michael Bennett. Some stand-up comedy I think. So it looks like 'Mad Mike's' got some gigs until the new show starts ^_^ . Actually, does anybody know if he'll return for the new show?

Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

• 5 weeks later...

The first major official public announcement of the new stunt show, Hollywood Stunt driver hit the myfun website 30Th of Oct. This is going to be the beginning of a numerous amount of publicity that will be leading up to the opening day. The site says. Warner Bros. Movie World presents Hollywood Stunt Driver - Coming Summer 2008! The glamorous world of Hollywood action film making will be brought to life right before your very eyes. From the moment you enter the arena of Hollywood Stunt Driver you will be immersed in a real-live action ‘working’ movie set. This brand-new purpose built and designed arena will be the backdrop for what can only be described as brilliant blockbusting movie action from start to finish. Incorporating breathtaking stunts, precision driving, incredible scenes of exhilarating action and the performance of a cast and crew with immeasurable talent, you won’t want to miss a second of this action packed extravaganza! For a full twenty minutes you will be taken on an incredible journey that’ll have you enthralled and entertained, and like any good movie you’ll want to see it again and again! As said in the above post current launch date is hoping to be 15Th of December.

post-88-1225526210_thumb.jpg JPG FTW. Nice to see in the background that the European set is carrying through, looks a bit Victorian era though. This is probably the part that has me most interested actually, I guess the finished product will be a good barometer how much of an effort WVTP is willing to put into theming at the present time. Edit: And Cadboy, you could just Google it rather than making a one word post... Edited by Gazza

I'm a yearly pass holder at MW and as such am there almost every second weekend. Went on Sunday, man have things been done. A large ramp access has been placed next to the Intencity building, and yes it is wide enough for a car to fit. The bitumen has also been put down and some of the support scaffolding has been removed. Also went rear of house, there is a brand new Mitsubishi Eclipse sitting in the vehicle bay, which at the time was on ramps and had its bonnet up. Looks like the first vehicle might have arrived...

I'd just like to add that all the vehicles for the show have arrived and have been on site for a couple of months now maybe even more. But progress has been moving along very well. All acting role rehearsals have been going now for about a month. 3 weeks before the show makes its debut the actors and stunt drivers will get that time to have day to day practice before opening, during that time a lot of promo videos, picture shots and commercials are going to be shot ready for the major publicity that will be happening to promote the new show. The show costing 10million i can assure you there will be a lot of advertisement.

Edited by Gazza
assure

Anyone have any words on the stuntpeople themselves? Are we expecting many old school PASS people to return? I know Gavin and Cameron will be returning, any word on anyone else and will we be seeing Diane, Georgina, Renee, or Robyn behind the wheel of any vehicles?

Edited by Wyncenuros

No there are two guys from PASS returning both Gavin and Cameron they are drivers. Also i'm good friends with Robyn and she has been offered a contract that will start in february and she was one of the most recent cast of PASS. Also Ian mentioned earlier about Cameron coming back.
Yeah, I saw a group of stuntmen walking through the park about a month back, I recognised Gavin and Cameron, but everyone else was a new face, that's why I was wondering if anyone else had any more info. Tell Robyn, Scott says hi for me Klassen lol.

Met her through the stunt show. Got to know a lot of stuff about the original and progressing cast from her, and if I was in the audience during a show and she was playing Proctor or Knopinski my name would some how be mentioned over the microphone. Oh how I miss the old days. But soooooo looking forward to the new stunt show... Bring It On!!!