Hollywood Stuntdriver Update Thread

BNErider

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gazza to answer your question seeing no one else is being a help, From previous discussion the date 15th of Dec was mentioned as being the shows launch date hasn't been confirmed by the park it was just up in the air but from what i have heard now is that the 15th of Dec is not the case seeing it will clash with the launch of the stingray enclosure at Sea world on the 15th. But as far as i know the show is on track and on schedule the set is near completion i would say by the end of next week work has been going fast for those interested in having a little sneak peak ride the road runner roller coaster the set and arena can be seen while you are going up the chain lift (and i don't need to be corrected i know the lift uses friction wheels) And as i mentioned before when correcting that Chris Character the cars are not falling apart they are a very decent car and if you ask me a very well suited to the demand of a day to day stunt show like Hollywood stunt driver (Djrappa i would just like to add from your little post the other day when i questioned that Chris character I'm not going to question someone unless i know the actual answer or correct facts as demonstrated he was full of **** and his posts were completely incorrect so maybe be sure next time before you have ago at me) Otherwise i hope that answers your question Gazza :D

Well, for once google lets you down. Evo - Rear Wheel Drive Conversion Since we're talking about making "movies" nothing says they can't do the same conversion used for tokyo drift.
Sure thing mate. :rolleyes: Do you really think I would google if Evo was a 4wd? Its common knowledge. Btw it looks like google is good to you, that link is the first thing that pops up when I google rear wheel drive evo. But yes, considering the amount of money being spent they probs did do the conversion.

Yup, rice burners really aren't my forte. I was curious over whether it was front or rear, as most burners are front, and wouldn't suit the stunt show, so I did google to find out, and the first ten results I got said rear.... so I went with it. You wanna talk V8's and i'm your guy. My brother in law races in the Fujitsu series, so I know a thing or two.

Good for you mate, I bet your the messiah when it comes to V8s. I mean, you know someone who knows someone who races them.
I'm on the pit crew. Kneel my son, he who dost worship thine VS commodore.
Problem with v8s is that all the cars are the same. Given this does mean the race's results are more dependent on the driver.
Well, this is done mainly because of the years of superiority of the Chev engine, however, thats the way it should be. It's like having a race between a V8 and a Mack Truck. Put lowndes into the Mack, and put a 17 year old on his P's into the V8.... the V8 will win because the Mack just doesn't have a chance. Put all the cars on equal playing fields. Make them use the same fuels, the same tyres, and keep it the same under the bonnet, then it comes down to the skill of the person behind the wheel - and that is the X factor. It's not a problem, its the solution, which is why Lowndes has been so successful of late - He is the better driver, regardless of what piece of crap he chooses to drive. He should have stayed with holden, but - for those that remember, he left because the holden just weren't a challenge anymore - because he couldn't lose.

Kneel my son, he who dost worship thine VS commodore.
The people who have worked on about 5 or 6... I HATE VS commodores. Alex unfortunately now ford has the biggest advantage... BOSS... where as holden is using GENIV same technology as the GENIII :( Wait why are we talking about the champion V8's (sorry rice burner lovers :() So do we still not know the opening date yet?

Minor update, but that metal framing around the ramp has been clad with fibro, and the construction fences have been moved right up to the street (so the open bit next to the Dirty Harry Bar, plus the toilets are inaccessible) In short, it means it is impossible to see what is happening with the show now, so I guess all will be revealed on opening day.

Hi Guys, I WILL HAVE VIDEO FOOTAGE FOR YOU ALL OF HOLLYWOOD STUNT DRIVER BY NEXT WEEK!!! I have been told i can get my hands on the raw footage early next week, and i will get it to you as soon as my mate gets it to me!! Cheers, TimB

Edited by TimB

Tim i hope you are going to contact PR department at WVTP before releasing video footage of the show before opening date as they have been watching these site regularly lately and they I'm pretty sure they don't want any video no re photographic images of the show set or aspects of the show show this will then lead to this site its self being hounded at to remove the video and we don't want a repeat of before please get permission first.

Tim i hope you are going to contact PR department at WVTP before releasing video footage of the show before opening date as they have been watching these site regularly lately and they I'm pretty sure they don't want any video no re photographic images of the show set or aspects of the show show this will then lead to this site its self being hounded at to remove the video and we don't want a repeat of before please get permission first.
Klassen is absolutely right. You will have WVTP down your neck so far you won't be able to breathe unless you get full permission. I highly doubt that you will get permission as this footage is still classified as the attraction has not yet been released to the Public and WVTP are highly secretive about new attractions and a video would almost give the whole thing away. please get permission first. Edited by cadboy

Cadboy is absolutely correct the attraction itself has not been officially released yet to the public and no such press release has been made for the new attraction as far as i know so WVTP are not going to allow permission for a armature video of a attraction that hasn't even had any proper footage as yet been taken for promotional purposes except digitally designed promo images. I would also like to say i cant seen your friend taking any decent video footage of the site and show as not even the company building the set and design are aloud to take any photos for there own person portfolio of the job due to how secure WVTP is on the show staff are only just being aloud on site next week i think i heard to have a look at there new work area unless he or she is one of them they are not allowed any photographic devices on site during there visit, the first video shots will be by official photographers for advertising purposes by WVTP and this will begin in a few weeks to come. If you don't believe me contact PR i have a family member who is in PR and is the brand manager for Sea World and Movie World.

Edited by klassen24

If it hasn't been oficially released to the public yet why is the MW billboard advertising the new atrraction on the M1 and the website advertising the attraction??? This sounds to me like it has been released to the public seeing as so many cars drive past that billboard a day!!!
I didnt think my first post would be like this but you are not thinking about this very much arent you. Released to the public means when the show is up and running. I doubt theyd even want it to get it out when it is, saves it purely for paying guests.