Hollywood Stuntdriver Update Thread

BNErider

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all Open means open. Released means announced and of course it has been released, there is both in park and external advertising. Klassen I think it's a bit hypocritical of you to slam some one else for leaking stuff. You make many posts sharing info you obtain through work and not available to the public. Having said that, this site will not condone, promote or host footage against the wishes of the parks.

Djrappa sorry for the misunderstanding as mentioned by bros when saying not officially released to the public i was referring to the show not yet been open sorry for the mix up I'm sure most people knew what i meant, but i doesn't surprise me that yet again you have ago at my post's you always seem to have something negative to say about them its kinda like routine now wouldn't you say. As for the fact of me telling people facts about parks I'm not being hypocritical as i know what i can and cant say, i also get permission before showing or saying some information that i know may not be allowed to be seen or heard by the out side public.

Edited by klassen24

Just throwing this out there, but I think Hollywood Stuntdriver will open on the 26th. Reason being is that they have begun advertising a $55 locals offer for a two day pass for WnW, plus either MW or SW. The ballbreaker is that it expires on the 24th, so I'm guessing they are trying to get people through the gates in the lead up, instead of them holding off visits. If it were opening on the 15th as originally mentioned (Though no longer present on the official site) I doubt there would be a need for this sort of deep discounting.

I don't think there is the slightest chance of it opening on the 15th, the 26th would surprise me to be honest. I hope it opens for Christmas for revenue's sake but in respect to show quality I'm happy to wait as long as it takes. Remember the last major show that WVTP opened did so months later than expected, missing it's first christmas but the end result was a complete success. As for you Klassen I couldn't be bothered. You just continue to bring us all your inside knowledge and we'll continue to be suitably impressed.

A bit off-topic but...

Just throwing this out there, but I think Hollywood Stuntdriver will open on the 26th. Reason being is that they have begun advertising a $55 locals offer for a two day pass for WnW, plus either MW or SW. The ballbreaker is that it expires on the 24th, so I'm guessing they are trying to get people through the gates in the lead up, instead of them holding off visits. If it were opening on the 15th as originally mentioned (Though no longer present on the official site) I doubt there would be a need for this sort of deep discounting.
I agree with Gazza that there wouldn't be such an enormous discount if it was opening before Christmas. I think the main reason for the passes though is that no one wants a repeat of last summer, when it rained all summer long. WnW especially had greatly decreased sales as a result and now that we've had major storms in SE Qld in the past week I think they're just trying to get people through the gates. Numbers skyrocket from Boxing Day onwards anyway so there's not as much need for the discount. Also agree with djrappa, if it takes longer then so be it. I'd rather have a show to rival PASS that opened a month late than have a poor performance or dangerous unrehearsed stunts.

IMAGES AND FOOTAGE OF HOLLYWOOD STUNT DRIVER WILL BE UP ON WEDNESDAY!! Hi all, I will have the footage online and ready for you all Wednesday am!! I am just going through it now, and it is so amazing!! Please be rest assured that I have permission from Marketing at WVTP to release these images and footage!!

Please be rest assured that I have permission from Marketing at WVTP to release these images and footage!!
Well I for one aren't convinced. Sorry but it just doesn't seem like something WVTP would do, very out of character really to release fantastic footage of an attraction and unveiling it's workings to the public well before it opens. I am sure alot of people on these forums appreciate the time and effort you are putting in and no one wants to see you get fired for the sake of of a few minutes of exclusive footage. So you have been warned and I hope you only put up the footage if out are 100% sure you got permission and full approval. Cheers,

As much as i would like to believe you here but we will see on Wed if your telling the truth or not plus we will also find out if WVTP approved it also i guess. But the footage couldn't be on the shows site seeing the set and other aspects of the arena are still under construction. Plus you said you have the footage which means it would have had to be taken last week or earlier the arena was no were near ready for any training to begin the set had only just started being done and only one side is close to completion at the moment. So i don't see there being anyway footage that is of the show in the arena maybe in the training area located in the car park but as far as i know no training has began on site.

A couple of things, but there is a ramp running across the arena at the back that looks like a big airtime hill, and there is also a smaller jump ramp at the front. The back facades are still only painted in matte colours, so I wonder if they will go through and make it look a bit more worn.

don't think there is the slightest chance of it opening on the 15th, the 26th would surprise me to be honest
Remember the last time WVTP had a big year, Superman got delayed until December and they only managed to get half the extreme H20 zone open in time for the school holidays....5 days before the end. Opens summer 2008....they've got 3 months still :rolleyes:

Hi Guys, Hi Guys, As TimB said, WVTP does not want any footage online at the moment, however please see some of the images of the show that I am sure you are so keen to see!! As you have said, the cars are indeed Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10's that have, of course been modified for the show! EVERYTHING I release will be approved!

post-2503-1227574475_thumb.jpg

post-2503-1227574495_thumb.jpg

God I love it when the goody 2 shoe on this forum get egg all in there faces. The posting of these pictures is an example of this. The Evos are hot ****....

Edited by djrappa
Please keep from bad language and personal attacks on other members. I don't even know what you're talking about.

you were expecting a V8 supercar to be able to pull off those stunts?
No I never was, there too heavy, terrible turning circles...
evo 10 yould be awesome to watch zip around the set, it isnt a drag race you do realise
I never said I thought it was a drag race :huh: To me PERSONALLY it takes A LOT to make a rice burner look good. And I PERSONALLY don't think they look good. I was expressing how I felt about the COSMETICS of the cars and not the performance. I never said in that post that these cars aren't suited to be stunt cars.