Hollywood Stuntdriver Update Thread

BNErider

Nathan, Mate, you don't need to go jumping down Clint's throat. Along with Joz, he oversees the community to make sure that the Parkz site, and WVTP can have a pleasant relationship. Your post stated "i took these at work from the tech booth". You didn't say you were on a break, and you didn't say you had permission. I know you know your contract, and I know the particularly good reason WHY you know your contract so well, but it can be VERY helpful to all concerned if you would post those specifics - such as "on a break" and "with permission" in the first place so that the powers that be know that it is ok. You were not around when WVTP got all online sites to pull EVERY image of their parks and trademarks and insisted that each one undergo "approval" by WV. It took a while for Parkz (R-C.com.au then) To re-establish such a good rapport and relationship with WVTP and it is only with their continued help and support, as well as the assistance of Rappa, Joz, Rabid etc that we continue this way. In future, may I suggest a response along the lines of "sorry clint, I meant that I took them at work while I was on a break, and my supervisor said it would be ok to take it from the tech booth" instead of jumping down the throat of the very person whose job it is on these forums to ensure all guidelines (both within the forum community, and that set by Warner Village) are adhered to. Mate you've provided some very helpful information, and some good pictures, but you need to adjust your attitude and realise that these guys are only trying to help... Anyone with "Community Leader" or "Site Leader" or "Admin" should be treated on these forums like your supervisor at work. If you treated your supervisor like you did these guys, you wouldn't have a job for long, no matter what "special connection" you have at the park. Now you know me, and you know what I'm like - so don't take this as a put down - just friendly advice, and remember:
Touche. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put it this way, it's an excuse to visit. The show was pretty amazing although it's obviously not the same as a new ride in terms of 'replay value'. I saw it today for the first time and apart from the 'sardines in a tin' feeling it was worth it. *edit in more here at later date*

I SAW THE SHOW, AND LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HIGHLY RECOMMENED
???? In my thread "my day at movie world" you said:
police academy was waaaaaaay better, i think your right about it being boring, IT HAS NO STORYLINE!!
Then in this thread you said:
they didn't go to much effort at all in my opinion with the new show
Is it me or is it your time of the month? :lol: Edited by Movie_World

• 4 months later...

What's up with HWSD? In the last few videos of the attraction, I have only seen two police cars. Are they ditching the other two? And what's up with this planned 'phase two'? I don't think anything has changed since the ride opened, although the plan has been in with the council for a while... unless the changes have already been implemented? Although, an 'insider' on this forum told me that the second phase included ramps and whatnot.

What's up with HWSD? In the last few videos of the attraction, I have only seen two police cars. Are they ditching the other two? And what's up with this planned 'phase two'? I don't think anything has changed since the ride opened, although the plan has been in with the council for a while... unless the changes have already been implemented? Although, an 'insider' on this forum told me that the second phase included ramps and whatnot.
interesting. there was only 2 there on monday. maybe they are just modifying the show slightly and thought 2 looked better than 4 for a while, or maybe some of the drivers took time off so they had less cars available. was funny to see the fabric doors blowing in the wind and being able to see the red car parked and waiting for the finale too :P

I don't think anything has changed since the ride opened
HSD is a ride? One thing that is new is that backwards driving car...has the show become a bit more like the Disney one, where they show off how the stunt was done after the fact?
was funny to see the fabric doors blowing in the wind and being able to see the red car parked and waiting for the finale too
Two of my biggest annoyances...for the finale, what is the point of making a fabric door look like wood, it doesn't fool anybody. The car parked just in view is bad, and wrecks the illusion of the final stunt for the right hand side of the audience who can see it. It wouldn't take much for them to get someone to sit right up the far end of the seating, and someone else in the car slowly reversing, and with a two way radio work out the point at which the car slips out of view. One thing that strikes me is that they would have spent heaps putting in those concrete ramps and the upper deck, but in the show itself the ramps aren't actually seen in real time, and the upper deck is used for about 3 seconds...I wonder if it would have been easier to just have the car on the track run across the upper deck, and not have any real cars go up there.

I like the Idea of not having the real car travel up the ramp!, now that I think of it why didn't they just have the 'dummy' car travel on a straight section of track on the top deck of the "car park" before entering the spire and doing the jump. The only problem I see with doing this though is that if the 'dummy' car stunt didn't work at all and they you would just have the car exiting the other side of the building. And the cut back on police cars in the show? I don't know, movieworlds just getting slack with a few things lately.

The only problem I see with doing this though is that if the 'dummy' car stunt didn't work at all and they you would just have the car exiting the other side of the building.
But how is that any different to what could potentially happen anyway? I mean, if the dummy car doesn't work then that's your whole grand finale stuffed :P All I was saying is that the existing track would have just been extended backwards all the way to left side of the arena, and a single car dummy car would start on the deck, go through the building, and continue over the jump. That way that entire concrete thing with ramps needn't have been built, and in terms of running the show things would have been much simpler. Martys car would have just driven into the bottom entry to the car park, and gone right around the back ready behind the fabric doors while everything else was going on (And the scene going up the ramps would have just been filmed in some other car park) Meanwhile, since the dummy car takes care of the whole final stunt itself, there is no need to worry about syncing the dummy breaking through in relation to the real car going in.

But how is that any different to what could potentially happen anyway? I mean, if the dummy car doesn't work then that's your whole grand finale stuffed :P All I was saying is that the existing track would have just been extended backwards all the way to left side of the arena, and a single car dummy car would start on the deck, go through the building, and continue over the jump. That way that entire concrete thing with ramps needn't have been built, and in terms of running the show things would have been much simpler. Martys car would have just driven into the bottom entry to the car park, and gone right around the back ready behind the fabric doors while everything else was going on (And the scene going up the ramps would have just been filmed in some other car park) Meanwhile, since the dummy car takes care of the whole final stunt itself, there is no need to worry about syncing the dummy breaking through in relation to the real car going in.
martys car drives up top and parks there. there is yet another car parked behind the doors. iirc earlier i asked how many cars there was and i think it ended up being: 4 red - 1 to do stunts, 1 on the track, 1 to drive backwards, and 1 to leave the building (that last one is weird as i thought they would use the normal stunt car or the reversed one to drive out, but i saw it parked there at the start of the show) 5 black - 4 stunt, 1 to split in half

martys car drives up top and parks there. there is yet another car parked behind the doors
Yeah, I know how the show works and that they use multiple cars, but if read the post properly, I was suggesting that if you modified the way the final sequence is done, you could do it with only one 'real' car, there would be no need to have a dedicated one parked behind the fabric doors. -You could just have Marty driving all crazy out on the arena, he would then drive into the bottom level of the 'car park'. -After that the video of the car going up the ramp and people dodging would play. -While the video is playing Marty would drive right around the back, and would park behind the fabric doors. -When the video finishes playing, the fake car on a track would do the entire upper level sequence, and the jump. -Then once the building explodes Marty drives out of the fabric doors. Of course, this is all moot because they have already spent the money building concrete ramps etc. Edited by Gazza

I had a thought about the fabric doors the other day. Why not make them out of the same foam that the bricks are made from? So rather than the car going through the doors and then miraculously re-appear completely un-scathed? You could even cut the foam into odd shapes to look like the door has splintered and broken and maybe even have some still attached to the door frame to add to the effect?