BNErider

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest batman
I wonder if the entrance will be themed too, or just a sign change as seen overseas.
i have pics of the construction site if anyone wants them, could someone be kind enogh to teach me how to post pics, im still working all the bugs out in this thing.lol.

BEST WAY If the photo is good quality (Same standard as the rest of the photos in the gallery), and you want it to grace the front page of this site then.... -Go to: http://www.parkz.com.au/content.php?add=photo -Click the Browse button, and find the photo on your hard drive, and click the 'open' button. -Just below this, pick "Construction" as the category -Then pick Warner Bros. Movie World and click "tag photo with this park" , and Hollywood Stundriver and click "Tag photo with this ride/attraction. -Give the photo a title, and if you want, a caption (Recommended) -Click submit photo. ALTERNATIVE If your photo is low quality (Eg blurry pic from a camera phone) and you only want it to appear in this thread then.... -Click 'add reply' (not fast reply) -In the attachment editor (it is below the text box where you type the post) click browse, and navigate to where the photo is saved, and click the 'open' button. -The click the green upload button, and wait. -Then from the drop down menu above the green upload button, click the icon that is a piece of paper with a plus sign, and that will put it into the post. -Repeat above steps for multiple photos Everything should be fine though, I haven't had any bugs with it, as long as you follow the steps logically it will be fine.

Edited by Gazza

Anyone got any pictures of what's happening ATM? And is it true it's going to be themed to a Italian village?
I don't know the theming of the show but i was told at the drivers test a few weeks back what the show about. We were told that we will be part of a short movie every performance and depending on the actors and drivers each show will offer something a little different to the crowd. What will happen is that there will be a "take" of a car going over a jump at 40 km and then doing a handbrake turn at 15 km, someone may then jump off of a 2 meter high fence or getting out of a car while we are driving at 5 km/h. At the end of the show a movie will be shown on a big screen to give people an better idea on how those action movies are filmed...i.e. car may of been going 40km/h over jump but in the movie it will look as if we were going 120km/h or jumping off of a 2 meter high fence will turn out to look like a fall of 25 meters! Get my drift... Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just wanted to add some info in which i over heard when i was at WBMV on friday the 1st of aug. i spoke to one of the construction workers on site at the stunt show that afternoon as i was taking photos and from wat he said to me that the set for the stunt show should be well into construction in about 4 weeks time. also i have heard rumours that The Sanderson Group is in on some of the construction of the show as is anouther company called something fx's im not shore the proper name but they were involved in the special effects for the police academy stunt show both here and in germany and have done a lot of other work for movieworld parks around the world. if anyone wants to add to his please do im keen to find out more about wat is goin with the show. but all the staff in the park from wat i know have been told to tell guest that ask about it is pretty much just explain that the old show is being replaced with the hollywood stunt driver show and that it is about how stunts are done in movie's they dont know much else regarding construction. but a friend of myn in shows and entertainment he is pretty high up in that area might know more as rehursalse will have to be starting soon on site so they can get usd to the show. so i will try find out more when i do ill be shore to let everyone know

That company you're thinking of would be FX Illusions who have been working with Movie World since the beginning. They have a pretty good website which shows their past projects. I'm not surprised they are working on HSD. Everything I've heard points to a very similar set to the shows 'inspiration' Lights Motors Action.

yeh thats it FX Illusions thanks for that djrappa yeah well from what iv been told they are in on the project also which wouldnt suprise me as you said djrappa they have been with MW from the beggining and iv seen representatives on site there. and im pretty show they would do a awsome job of putting together the set and arena as the police academy showed to have been a excellent set and there were really never any major problems with the set of effects except for the occasional no fire ball at the end taht was funny, and iv seen the flipping car get stuck in mid air motion for 30 secs and that was very comical the actors made a bit of muckery over it ha ha ha ha. but i would have to say the PASS has left some get memories not only for my self but i think for many poeple and we can only hope that this show will be able to live up to its standards. and as you said djrappa from what you have heard the set is going to be very much like its counter part inspiration "lights camera action" iv also heard it will be very similar keeping with the italy style set.

• 2 weeks later...

Word on the Stunt show. They are currently behind schedual with construction by 2 weeks due to a problem on site. As probably seen by some guest and cast members at MW 2 weeks ago things on site were fairly quite. Some footers have been positioned. And im not shore if many people know but the seating the major stand which is directly behind mainstreet still exists but the over flow grand stand that faced looneytunes village has been removed as far as i know. To allow more room for a larger arena.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Movie World have put a large construction fence around a big section of the car park which makes finding a car park harder then it should be in non-peak times. Heard that it will be a place for the stunt drivers to practice for the time being.
^This is very true. Here is a picture af the large area of carpark they have cornered off: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...ctise_Area.html Another picture from the bus on the way out of Movieworld shows that they are actually using the area. It looks like they are going to have cars on 2 wheels!! :D They also had a couple of guys on push bikes doing wheelies on the inside of the barrier, but close to the wall. Mabey they'll have bike stunts also? :P . You can't see the guys on the bikes in this picture though. http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...ctice_Area.html
They are currently behind schedual with construction by 2 weeks due to a problem on site. As probably seen by some guest and cast members at MW 2 weeks ago things on site were fairly quite. Some footers have been positioned. And im not shore if many people know but the seating the major stand which is directly behind mainstreet still exists but the over flow grand stand that faced looneytunes village has been removed as far as i know. To allow more room for a larger arena.
Here is a pic I took of the set construction: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...round_work.html Well it looks like nothing has really progressed from the last post from Klassen24. :huh: Does anybody know when the show is planned to start? Because it looks like they are taking there time with this one. They have completely ripped down the overflow seating, and the pic I took is from a temporary fence exactly where the overflow stand used to be. The area is just flat dirt now. It's hard to believe that PASS was even there last year. Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

As i said before there was a problem on site which hld back construction in which the site was like a grave yard for a bit but from what i seen in the pictures and from the last time i checked out the site things seem to be going along pretty well. Coaster teen answer to your question the show is set to debute mid to end of Oct depending on construction, the set its self will be the quickest part of all it shouldnt take long if they get into it.

If it is going to be open by mid October I am suprised construction is further progressed. They haven't even began putting up the sets and the bitchamen is no where in sight. If klassen's predicted opening date is correct however, I do think it is interesting that it will be during a school term not on holidays. Is there any advertising for the ride yet and are the sets going to be prefabricated or made in house.