Hollywood Stuntdriver Update Thread

BNErider

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well there goes my theory that Wyncenuros was Doc Brown... Doc Brown would never agree with a new attraction.
Lol. Like I said in other posts, I have nothing against the new stuff, it is awesome... shame it meant out with the older more classic stuff... oh well. Is the opening date for HSD still Dec 15 or has all this rain over the past few days pushed it back?

Despite the rain on the GC over the past few days construction was into full swing today. post-2478-1226027990_thumb.jpg Guys were working on the side ramp where the Potter train once was. post-2478-1226028043_thumb.jpg They have begun adding fronts from timber framework to one of the buildings. post-2478-1226028109_thumb.jpg They have also started dressing up another building... certainly looks like the Italian feel we thought was coming into it. You can see the bitumen is down and on the left you can see the new edge of the seating stands. post-2478-1226028219_thumb.jpg As I was leaving the park a delivery truck drove in with 3 ramps that looked like they are designed to throw cars up onto 2 wheels and what looked like a table top for a landing pad. Couldn't get my camera out fast enough though. Not sure if you can make any detail out of this photo but he backed into the practice area. There was also what looked like a white Evo using the large ramps... at this stage there is a bridge between them... wonder if it will get removed for the show? Couldn't get a photo of this as I was driving past it at the time.

Edited by Wyncenuros

Forgot to mention these guys... post-2478-1226032381_thumb.jpg If you are planning to go check this area out (outside Dirty Harry) I would suggest taking this piece of advice with you. This comes from one of the construction guys... "Don't wear blue if you want to stand here scoping out the construction. Whenever park tech's come here, these guys start swooping, meanwhile anyone else is fine. At least we know they are Qld supporters..." As it turns out, today I decided to wear my good old Shark Bay shirt which is navy blue with bright blue sleeves... made taking all the other photos fun.

Unrelated pictures? "shame it meant out with the older more classic stuff... " Can someone check his IP against Doc Browns? and im so sorry to put you through this if you are infact an innocent new member, but Klassen did it remember.
To start with, the "unrelated picture" you refer to was a polite warning for any parkz members who were going to take a look in person. I believe the fact that I actually showed consideration for others on this website clearly proves that I am not Doc Brown. And yes Klassen did the same, however I believe I made the quote of the month downing this same comment earlier.

I think we can sort of give this a rest. It seems pretty clear to me Wyncenuros is not the same person, you can sort of tell just by the way they write when someone is the same person (A bit like how people picked up straight away when Klassen and Batman made new accounts) and in this case I see no similarities. In any case, if it were Doc Brown then his true colours would show through pretty quickly, as we have seen in the past. Welcome aboard by Wynecerous (Ok, from now on I'm calling you Wyn..easier to spell :P), thanks for the photos. That ramp was a bit unexpected, so we're gonna have cars jumping out of buildings or something? Also, about the IP check, it wouldn't work on Doc Brown since it wasn't static for him.

Edited by Gazza

That ramp was a bit unexpected, so we're gonna have cars jumping out of buildings or something?
With the look of that building, the fact we are lead to believe it is Italian set, and the movie "Italian Job" being mentioned elsewhere in the forums... Didn't they jump out a huge sewer pipe in that movie? Would be awesome if they reproduced that scene.

If I remember correctly, The Italian Job is set in Los Angeles, particularly around Hollywood Boulevard, and other places in LA, none of which have the slightest thing to do with eurpoean modelled buildings. The Italian part was filmed in Venice, which of course doesnt have cars. It may have an Italian town theme, but bringing The Italian Job into it just doesnt make sense. Perhaps "Transporter" would be more suitable...

Edited by DonjaiInLA

So if it's supposedly Italian Job themed, then why are they using Evo's and not Minis?
I don't know I'm just presenting what else I have found on the site. I haven't even seen "The Italian Job". In saying that, for a moment let's just say hypothetically that it is, if they only had certain licensing rights to use it, say for the theme of the arena, perhaps getting mini's would not be covered in that licensing... I know we are making assumptions here and I'm not saying for one moment what I am saying is acurate since I barely believe it myself, but isn't it a possibility? Hypothetically speaking of course... Just throwing thoughts out there... Gotta keep an open mind since we don't know what is going on... Hey I like that... how do I make it my signature tag?

Also, about the IP check, it wouldn't work on Doc Brown since it wasn't static for him.
Yes but likely to be using the same IP range, as most users would run off the same ISP. If its a big one like Bigpond, you can't really be sure, and can really only narrow it down to a city (which won't help if it's gold coast like half the people here) but if its an obscure ISP that not many others use, it would be quite easy to pick it up. Of course you can't IP Ban them if its a dynamic IP, but you can at least compare them. So Admin \ Mods, while I don't particularly care for the debate about "is he or isn't he", to prevent the continued questioning and arguing, it might be helpful just to check which providers Wyn and Doc use. If they are completely different providers - problem solved. If they're both on the same ISP... then the debate continues... (And don't forget, when Doc first came on, we believed him to be different, even though we queried him at first, he started off with good language and grammar, and was quite polite.... so who knows? <That ends my rant on that one but I see no harm in checking the IP's and saying "i've checked and its not him">
So if it's supposedly Italian Job themed, then why are they using Evo's and not Minis?
Gazza, you just need to take a trip through the city at night to see how many 18 year old italians on P Plates are driving around in Evos with exhausts so large they can fit their egos in.
I don't know I'm just presenting what else I have found on the site. I haven't even seen "The Italian Job". In saying that, for a moment let's just say hypothetically that it is, if they only had certain licensing rights to use it, say for the theme of the arena, perhaps getting mini's would not be covered in that licensing... I know we are making assumptions here and I'm not saying for one moment what I am saying is acurate since I barely believe it myself, but isn't it a possibility? Hypothetically speaking of course...
I can't agree with that argument much. If they had licensing for the use of the theme of the arena, the mini's would be no problem. It would not come down to the filmmakers to license the use of the mini - that would come down to the manufacturer, so licensing isn't really going to be an issue, because you don't need permission to use a vehicle in a stunt show. Of course it helps if the manufacturer is a sponsor or partner because that means maintenance and repairs are quite cheap, but at the end of the day, if you're willing to foot the bill you could have whatever cars you wanted. My guess is they're using the Evo's because they are small, lightweight with a good power to weight ratio. They're also a rear wheel drive, which is a necessity for achieving drift and slide maneuvers. Not to mention if you put a good 24 inch exhaust on them, they sound like a hotrod.

Guys, really. Give it a rest. I will say that there is absolutely nothing at all to suggest these two are the same person, in terms of IP, ISP, email address and how they present themselves. At any rate, we have a new member here who is meaningfully contributing and posting construction updates for us etc. I couldn't care less if previously banned members come back and choose to reinvent themselves as a positive part of this community.

From the parts of script I have heard, it pays no mention of any specific film. Yes the theme of the set is an Italian village and the scene is around shooting a jewel heist sequence for a supposed 'upcoming film' that the audience too is involved with. I think to keep this attraction a little more timeless and perhaps repeatable, there will be no specific movie tie-in.

Yes but likely to be using the same IP range, as most users would run off the same ISP. If its a big one like Bigpond, you can't really be sure, and can really only narrow it down to a city (which won't help if it's gold coast like half the people here) but if its an obscure ISP that not many others use, it would be quite easy to pick it up. Of course you can't IP Ban them if its a dynamic IP, but you can at least compare them. So Admin \ Mods, while I don't particularly care for the debate about "is he or isn't he", to prevent the continued questioning and arguing, it might be helpful just to check which providers Wyn and Doc use. If they are completely different providers - problem solved. If they're both on the same ISP... then the debate continues...
Okay this is really starting to become annoying... so here I go... (Admin please do not remove or edit this post.) My real name is Scott Geoffrey Richards (Geoffrey being my fathers name), I am 27 yo being born on 10 October 1981 at 9:25pm at the Brisbane Women's Hospital, and got married on Saturday September 13 2008 at the Jacobs Well Foreshore in a pirate themed wedding. My member name, Wyncenuros, is after 4 celtic runes, wyn, cen, ur and os, which mean strength, protection, harmony and peace (not sure which is which anymore). I have worked in childcare for 8 years, 7 months beginning in April 2000 and currently live in Beenleigh, which is a 15 minute drive north of MW. I am also a fully qualified Justice of the Peace (Qualified) for the state of Queensland, meaning I assist police in many situations. I currently hold an annual pass to MW, my member number being Nr209409 and it expires 17/05/09 and a Seaworld pass, member number Nr208690, expires 25/04/09. I know many people within the park including Gavin, Cameron, Diane, Georgina, Renee (now a dancer) and Robyn from the PASS team, Adrian and Daniel (now at Seaworld) from the food and bev team and many assorted ride attendants and guest services representatives. I was there the day Simon wedged a police car between the Bank and audience overflow section during a show, I have seen Cameron roll the buggy during the 360 before landing the buggy in the parking area, and know that there was also an issue with the third wheel on the old hotrod one day where it would not lower the car and Cameron ended up flipping it to avoid the wall. My internet provider is Bigpond and I am on a $69 unlimited dl and have been on this contract for over 2 years now. I would rather use tactful discussion and presentation of my ideas, not to try and win a debate, but simply to present my ideas and let people choose for themselves what they want to believe. If they choose to believe what I am presenting to them as fact then that is a bonus, however I never expect to change someones views that they might have as they obviously have a reason why they believe in them. I am not Doc Brown and I am hoping that this will be the end of this topic. I also want to know how to add a picture to my name when I post and how to set up a signature as before this site I honestly have next to no experience using forums. I spend more time reading and going to theme parks than at home on the computer. Hopefully, armed with this new information, those of you that still doubt with the whole Doc Brown vs Wyncenuros topic, will be able to make a more informed judgement. Everything posted above is accurate and I hope it makes people realise the truth. After all that, I think a trip to MW is in order. Will post more pics around the forums if anything has changed. Edited by Wyncenuros

My guess is they're using the Evo's because they are small, lightweight with a good power to weight ratio. They're also a rear wheel drive, which is a necessity for achieving drift and slide maneuvers. Not to mention if you put a good 24 inch exhaust on them, they sound like a hotrod.
Dude, they are a 4WD, this makes them pretty ****y cars for stunt shows.....

I also want to know how to add a picture to my name when I post and how to set up a signature as before this site I honestly have next to no experience using forums. I spend more time reading and going to theme parks than at home on the computer.
OK, at the top of the page there are 3 bars of links (the main site one with home, articles etc...... then the one with Community Guidlines, Calendar etc...... but the 3rd light blue coloured one is the one you are interested in. 5th link from the right is a "My Controls" link, click that. On that page in the sidebar beneath 'personal profile' are links for editing your Signature and Avatar (The little pic by your name is called an avatar)

Question how long have the cars been away for because i seen them on sat looking good as new. Plus i would just like to add that there is no way that they are going to trade the cars few reason's why: 1. Total and absolute waste of time getting these cars doing them up then saying Na we don't want them now they don't work for us. I can assure you the park would have looked into so many types of cars they would have looked at performance, reliability so many other things they wouldn't just go and say ooo lets go buy ten evo's they will look good for the show. 2. All the advertisement and campaign stuff that has the evo's all over them even the parks billboard has the evo's on it. 3. I'm pretty sure you will find that Mitsubishi is a sponsor for the show and they aren't going to cancel a contract and go and trade there cars in for something new. and last but not least Dec 15 the current show release date is coming up very very quickly and i highly doubt they will put it back again, think of all the new training that will have to go on with new cars not to mention that the arena size has been made perfect for these cars both for backstage driving areas which are very confined, The ramp so that the cars can get from one end to the other. I would also like to add i have two close friends in the show i talk to almost every day and from what they have said those cars go bloody well one in which has actually gone and bought him self a evo as his own personal car. so, Go figure!!!!!!!!

Edited by klassen24