Hollywood Stuntdriver Update Thread

BNErider

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ash hand it to you good thinking mate, The exact same thought has come to mind also after seen it close up its actually not a jump or ramp i think you will find it is going to be kinda like a over pass bridge that as Ash said you get access from left to right and so on and you will be also able to see the cars as they go along adding to the effect of them being everywhere. I Also think that our giant screen will be located beneath that as there is no other area on the site that shows some sort of evidence of the screen going anywhere else but right in the middle. The screen thing that is just my thought anyone who wants top have a look at the site iv been told you ca get a good view from the Road Runner Roller Coaster lift.

No I never was, there too heavy, terrible turning circles... I never said I thought it was a drag race :huh: To me PERSONALLY it takes A LOT to make a rice burner look good. And I PERSONALLY don't think they look good. I was expressing how I felt about the COSMETICS of the cars and not the performance. I never said in that post that these cars aren't suited to be stunt cars.
Just to let you all know, the graphics and body cosmetics on these cars are certainly not final - these photos were to give you an indication of the stunts, the cars and the background. However the final cars will look amazing! Who the drivers are, thier credentials as well as more details of the show will be on this forum very soon....

I Also think that our giant screen will be located beneath that as there is no other area on the site that shows some sort of evidence of the screen going anywhere else but right in the middle. The screen thing that is just my thought anyone who wants top have a look at the site iv been told you ca get a good view from the Road Runner Roller Coaster lift.
Maybe, just maybe, they could use the screen infront of The Daily Times building on Mainstreet and replace it with something far supirior and that suits the site.

Yes it is Daily Planet, and Alex its correct that screen will not be going anywhere. Think about it new show why would they use the already used screen and put the new screen on main street ????? wouldn't it make a bit of sense to put the new screen with the new show i don't know about you but that would be my thought.

Edited by klassen24

WARREN Luff has sat behind the wheel racing V8 Supercars for Dick Johnson Racing but it is a far cry from his latest venture burning rubber as part of Warner Bros. Movie World's latest Gold Coast attraction, Hollywood Stunt Driver. Luff and the other nine drivers in the new $10 million show, described as the most ambitious live action show to hit the country, gave a sneak preview today on the new purpose-built arena - in its final stages of completion. Hollywood Stunt Driver replaces the Police Academy Stunt Show, which closed earlier this year after 18,000 performances over 16 years. The new show, celebrating the stunt men and women who risk it all for the cameras and the magic of making movies, opens on Boxing Day. Luff, who has raced the famed Bathurst 1000 circuit seven times including an 11th placing in October, was excited about his chance to star in the Hollywood Stunt Show. ``It's an interesting change but one where it's nice to discover new facets of driving and I'm really grateful to be part of such an exciting show,'' he said About 250 drivers auditioned to be part of the show, with drive coordinator Gavin Coleman promising plenty of thrills from the 10 drivers who make up the Hollywood stunt team. And there will be some familiar faces driving around the arena, most notably former champion ironman Guy Andrews who has swapped his surf lifesaving cap for the helmet.

WARREN Luff has sat behind the wheel racing V8 Supercars for Dick Johnson Racing but it is a far cry from his latest venture burning rubber as part of Warner Bros. Movie World's latest Gold Coast attraction, Hollywood Stunt Driver. Luff and the other nine drivers in the new $10 million show, described as the most ambitious live action show to hit the country, gave a sneak preview today on the new purpose-built arena - in its final stages of completion. Hollywood Stunt Driver replaces the Police Academy Stunt Show, which closed earlier this year after 18,000 performances over 16 years. The new show, celebrating the stunt men and women who risk it all for the cameras and the magic of making movies, opens on Boxing Day. Luff, who has raced the famed Bathurst 1000 circuit seven times including an 11th placing in October, was excited about his chance to star in the Hollywood Stunt Show. ``It's an interesting change but one where it's nice to discover new facets of driving and I'm really grateful to be part of such an exciting show,'' he said About 250 drivers auditioned to be part of the show, with drive coordinator Gavin Coleman promising plenty of thrills from the 10 drivers who make up the Hollywood stunt team. And there will be some familiar faces driving around the arena, most notably former champion ironman Guy Andrews who has swapped his surf lifesaving cap for the helmet.
Guys there are 10 of this countries most talanted drivers and they drive as a team, this article showcases 2 of them - watch this space for more details on the others! There are some of Australias best drifters, stunt drivers and Moto-X stunt drivers.....More to come. Edited by Myfunaddict

Guys we've got some fresh photos up from inside the arena today, showing the theming coming together and some of the stunts being performed: http://www.parkz.com.au/photos/AU/Gold_Coa...tion/page3.html Hopefully we'll also have some video footage up in the next day or two because stills just don't do the driving justice.

Is the new show going to be similar to the show Lights, Motor, Action! stunt show at Disney MGM Studios. I know this is a big stab in the dark, but the two black car V's the red car is awfully similar to the same 'storyline' used at the MGM show. If it is... GREAT! The MGM show is fantastic. Even if the Movie World version doesn't feature the Jet Ski etc action, the driving segments of the show are unreal!

This cantilevered car jump is one thing I am fascinated to see in action. I wonder how well it will be hidden, and Wether people in the audience will be genuinely fooled by it. I think the set buildings are looking nice, but I hope they stain the building a bit, since they look a bit clean at the present time, though they have done it on the side walls, so I guess they will eventually get around to it. So definitely a worthy replacement of PASS?

The director's only mode of transport: Hummer.
"Hummer and a chicken feed all in one..."

As promised we've got some video footage of the show available for viewing. It shows just a snippet of what will be on offer in the show when it opens. http://www.parkz.com.au/video/1-Hollywood-...ew-footage.html Had to quicky put together the video system today just for this video so it's pretty basic for now -- if anyone runs into any troubles let us know.

Five cars would make sense as they have 7 in total. Shame about the quiet cars, the custom motorcycle engines in the Disney cars make them nice and loud on the set. It will be interesting to see how the show works being so heavily based on the stunts and not a comedic story line. The Disney show pulls it off with it's MASSIVE budget and high use of technology. Just watching the automation in the set itself as it resets itself whilst the cars do a turn around and come back through for another stunt is quite a show. I know in the MW show the ramps, jumps, etc will be brought on and off manually by the techs. I also noted the small size of the control booth so I'm guessing this show will again be a one man Op. The disney show has several crew in the FOH booth to run the show. Having said all that we've seen time and time again how good an effort MW does with a fraction of the budget of it's US counterparts and pulls something great off everytime. I notice we don't have any of the trick cars like the back seat driver or the 'remote' car but the cantilevered jump across the set should be quite special. Do we know who is building the show? Steve Courtney/FX Illusions? Whilst I don't expect to see something as great in terms of story line as Police Academy (I've yet to see anything top it around the world), the MGM show is still very impressive so I have high hopes. Just need to get the cars louder, faster and higher now.

I loved that little preview very professional. Thanks for that Rich :)

This cantilevered car jump is one thing I am fascinated to see in action. I wonder how well it will be hidden, and Wether people in the audience will be genuinely fooled by it.
The cantilevered car jump is the track positioned behind the set, right? How does this work. I mean do cars just drive over the top is is there something else. Does anyone know if the audience will be involved as much as they were in PASS. It was always great to see the actors picked out of the audience, most of the crowd thinking they were just regular Jo's and then get involved in the show even though it was all planned. Is there going to be any audience involvement, I hope so, maybe there will be some audience shots in the final movie. Cheers, Edited by cadboy