Hollywood Stuntdriver Update Thread

BNErider

Went today to the 4:15 show.... Overall its a good show... lacks special effects during the show... found they put them all in the end... Nothing like Lights Motors Action..... But definitely a copied scenario and lower budget attempt.... Some parts i found stupid with the man on the tv..... snc00035hk7.jpg w1088.png

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to say - looking at those youtube videos - 2 minutes of almost non-stop figure-eighting around the arena with one bad guy and three cop cars... seems pretty boring to me. Certainly, the sets look extremely good, and the finale is pulled off well, but it just doesn't seem like theres much interest to be had, and I can certainly see why many have said it doesn't have that "re-ride" ability. I had planned to try and get to both SW and MW these holidays to check out the new additions... now it's not such a priority to go to MW for a while... i'll wait till the next big thing before I go back... or until i've signed up for a mega pass. It's not worth the full price entry to see drifters in an arena - thats a regular friday night for me down in sydney.

Yeah i think because its all new, they will eventually add stuff into the script and get it right.... you can definitely tell its brand new and still in baby steps.... but time will make it good... i would say winter school holidays it would be better.... The final was the most appealing to me, besides the cars going around on there sides..... The whole split car part is such a copy from Herbie in the Lights Motors Action show.... Oh well... :)

Here's some pictures I took today. I have only uploaded three, but they're big enough to place on your desktop. The picture's aren't too good -- the weather was horrible for the 12:30 show. Hopefully I can return soon when the sun is out. ^^ Also Gazza, glad you said that, because I saw the guy on fire in the first video Parkz released and I was wondering where that was today. Plus, you can clearly see an area in the ground near the fuel pumps are where fire could be added. So I'm sure in a few months time we'll have a huge hit on our hands.

post-1543-1230294296_thumb.jpg

post-1543-1230294771_thumb.jpg

post-1543-1230295213_thumb.jpg

I can't myself but to say this, opening 'night' has come and gone and the show isn't finished, that can only be described as FAIL. It's just embarising. Outback spectacular was delayed, and not ready at previews but people worked round the clock to ensure the show was complete on opening night. Guests that had seen the ad and paid their money got what they were promised. Now I expect the show to improve with time but to miss the opening and then say it's now in preview mode is just poor. Previews should have been weeks ago. There is no fire, no car jump and no STUNTS, as alex b said, you can see drifting in southport any Saturday night. On a positive I wrode jet rescue today and it's great.

I'd be interested to hear the answer - but it's not like it shows anything privy that isn't public view - a very similar shot was posted recently by a guest? I find it funny that staff are allowed to have cameras on them in the park. Wonderland had a strict "no personal items" policy, and it was good that they did - less chance of loss, damage, theft, or fraud.

Just with Hollywood Stuntdrivers Entry, I have noticed that they have kept the American Flags at the entry (as can be seen in Klassen's photo - http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas..._Entrance.html). What is everyone elses thoughts on this? If the show is set in Italy, shouldn't there be Italian flags there, thats if they need the flags at all.

And anyway, why not? All bags are created equal! She may have had a couple of drinks in there from a local store so she didn't have to buy them in the park. Or whatever. *shrug* Why does it matter?
he has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on his hands

hmmm... photos taken whilst working, I will have to check on where that stands in terms of what's allowed by the park. Richard can you confirm our stand on this?
Yet again Djrappa you have nothing better to do than jump on my case for your information i had permission from my supervisor to attend the show while on a break to take personal photos as i hadn't as of yet gotten a chance to see the show except for when i have been working. You again and again question things i do I'm very much aware of what i can and cant do and always double check my limits before doing things and get authorized permission. But thank you for your concern yet again (that being said with sarcasm).

Yet again Djrappa you have nothing better to do than jump on my case for your information i had permission from my supervisor to attend the show while on a break to take personal photos as i hadn't as of yet gotten a chance to see the show except for when i have been working. You again and again question things i do I'm very much aware of what i can and cant do and always double check my limits before doing things and get authorized permission. But thank you for your concern yet again (that being said with sarcasm).
YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Nathan, Mate, you don't need to go jumping down Clint's throat. Along with Joz, he oversees the community to make sure that the Parkz site, and WVTP can have a pleasant relationship. Your post stated "i took these at work from the tech booth". You didn't say you were on a break, and you didn't say you had permission. I know you know your contract, and I know the particularly good reason WHY you know your contract so well, but it can be VERY helpful to all concerned if you would post those specifics - such as "on a break" and "with permission" in the first place so that the powers that be know that it is ok. You were not around when WVTP got all online sites to pull EVERY image of their parks and trademarks and insisted that each one undergo "approval" by WV. It took a while for Parkz (R-C.com.au then) To re-establish such a good rapport and relationship with WVTP and it is only with their continued help and support, as well as the assistance of Rappa, Joz, Rabid etc that we continue this way. In future, may I suggest a response along the lines of "sorry clint, I meant that I took them at work while I was on a break, and my supervisor said it would be ok to take it from the tech booth" instead of jumping down the throat of the very person whose job it is on these forums to ensure all guidelines (both within the forum community, and that set by Warner Village) are adhered to. Mate you've provided some very helpful information, and some good pictures, but you need to adjust your attitude and realise that these guys are only trying to help... Anyone with "Community Leader" or "Site Leader" or "Admin" should be treated on these forums like your supervisor at work. If you treated your supervisor like you did these guys, you wouldn't have a job for long, no matter what "special connection" you have at the park. Now you know me, and you know what I'm like - so don't take this as a put down - just friendly advice, and remember:

Community Guidelines: 1. A friendly and helpful attitude is expected at all times. You aren't expected to like everyone, but you are expected to treat all members with respect at all times. 12. Staff are on the site to ensure things go smoothly. Their authority is not to be undermined at any stage. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to ask any of our staff, either by PM or by posting in the Site Issues forum. If you have an issue with a staff member, please contact an administrator. 13. We reserve the right to take any action deemed necessary in a given situation. At the end of the day, it is a privilege, not a right to be a member at Parkz. We hold the unconditional right to take any actions deemed necessary at any time.