Gartan

Rides in Wet Weather

11 posts in this topic

I am planning on going to Movieworld on the 19th June and the weather forecast is a few showers. Do rides still operate in wet weather? I need to know immediatly because I don't want to waste time and money to miss out on half the rides Thanks to anyone that can help ;)

Edited by Gartan

I don't think Superman Escape or Batwing Spaceshot operate during wet and windy weather, other than that theres nothing else i can think of. Ring up Movieworld or go on their website www.movieworld.com.au

Try riding Wild West falls in the rain. It is a heap of fun when it is windy and pouring with rain watch you don't get a cold though. Batwing does operate in light rain to my knowledge but Superman usually closes as the slightest shower. Try and get it done as soon as it opens because it might shut at any time of the day and you would not want to miss out our Australias greatest rollercoaster. Have a great day ;)

Batwing operates in the rain as far as I am aware, but i'm not 100% on that. You'd be best to ring the park tomorrow morning before going just to double check. In regards to Superman: Escape, I have no idea what is up with that. It normally doesn't run in the rain, but has been known to. One of the days in peak season after I got sent home from work early, I went into the park and it was pouring down rain. Yet Superman was still launching fine, however it was rather painful if I do say so myself!

Yeah I've been on SE a few times in light rain and I can agree - SE + rain = Pain !
It killed me, on the Surfrider in sort of heavy rain, and its not really that fast! Im sure the fact I was freezing didnt help.