Theme Park Collections

Gazza

I thought this would be interesting, since I'm guessing a few of us do it, but what things do people have in their collections of theme parky stuff? For me, it really just tends to be paper stuff as I'm not a big buyer of T shirts or trinkets. But anyway, I have: post-88-1213960307_thumb.jpg All this..... post-88-1213960031_thumb.jpg Some Australian park maps, including the SW ones for the last 3 years. post-88-1213960080_thumb.jpg A few newspaper articles. post-88-1213960138_thumb.jpg Some stuff from the LA parks, plus my onride photos and calendar(I couldn't be bothered digging up my Bermuda Triangle one from about 10 years ago....It looked like the logo was done with word art. post-88-1213960209_thumb.jpg Spot the differences (2006 at the back, 2007 at the front) post-88-1213960349_thumb.jpg Some Australian park brochures from over the years. post-88-1213960388_thumb.jpg Some Orlando park maps. What else does everyone have? Pictures are best.

Edited by Gazza

I have a whole bunch of Wonderland gear from before it closed down, as well as some other QLD stuff at home and at work (being in Canberra, I need a constant reminder that these places exist). Wonderland - Various park brochures, and 85% of the park maps for the park. - Stickers (Marvel Superhero Stickers) and other stickers. - Old Hanna Baberra, Scooby Doo hat (much like the one seen at Movie World these days). - Demon Drink Bottle. - Photo Album. - Wonderland Wallet. - Plastic Bags (yes, you read right) - Used and un-used tickets. - On-ride photo from the Demon. - Plastic Novelty Cup. - Demon and Space Probe mouse mats - 15 Years of fun pin. - 15 Years of fun full sized flag. - Bolt, Nail and piece of wood from the Bush Beast (hiding in the garage). - Millions of memories.... Luna Park Sydney - The book (forgot the name). - 2 copies of the DVD. - Drink Bottle. - Umbrella. Dreamworld, Movie World, Sea World, Aussie World - Many park maps & Brochures from over the last 15 years from most parks. - Various On-Ride photographs, and park calenders. As you can see, I have quite a bit, but I am sure there is someone out there who can beat my collection.

Wow, How cool is this thread. I actually don't have much suff but heres my little list: Park Broshures from all the GC parks for about the last 3 years. A Nick Central Novelty Cup Movieworld Used Single entry Passes Old discount vouchers Well as you can see I don't have a very long list but I am interested also to see what others have. T-Bone that is so cool that you acctually have a piece of Bush Beast in your garage. You should frame it and hang it in your living room.

- old Dreamworld book, from about 1999 (i need to try and dig that up) - 3 Movieworld books - many many park maps from the QLD parks - ride photos and photos with characters - a fair few magnets from wet n wild, sea world and one from luna park - key rings - used to have a tot drink bottle - also, a lot of postcards i'll post more when i think of it. also, i have a lot of those collectors cups, you know the SW, WnW and MW refillable ones.

Edited by revolutionx

BEET THAT CRAP COLLECTORS
lol, ok :P ! My collection is a lot like Gazza's, with a whole lot of park maps, brochures and other random stuff. However, when I was looking through my theme park related stuff and i came across a really interesting article that i remember getting from my uncle. It was in a FHM magazine (I think it was that, or a mag that has the same stuff in it lol ;)). Off course my uncle didn't allow me to have the whole magazine, I was only around 10 or 12, I can't really remember :rolleyes: . Anyway, the article was on rollercoasters, and had a count down of the most extreme, tallest, longest, fastest. The funny thing is now that I'm in my teens, I realised how ironic it was for an article with that name to be in a FHM magazine :P . The article has some really good pictures, including pics of Top Thrill Dragster and Millenium Force, and many other coasters in Europe. However, none from Australia <_< . But the best bit in the article was techniquely FROM Australia. There is an article (included with the other photos of the article i have uploaded) called "Why are Australia's so crappy?". And no other but the famous Richard Wilson, is the one dishing out the answers to FHM :blink::blink: !!!! Go on check it out yourself, it's for real! Oh and I wouldn't mind if Richard could comment on how he got to be in the magazine :lol: CoAsTeR TeeN Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

If you're having trouble with R-Cs uploading system, you can always try http://imageshack.us/ I remember that article being brought up a few years back on here, I was actually able to read the copy of FHM in question at the barbers, I wouldn't mind seeing it again actually, so a scan would be great.

Sorry about the pictures/scans, when i get some time at the end of the week I'll post them up. I want to get a could quality pic up, so i'll need to scan them. I got exams this week so don't expect them until friday, and i don't think i'll be able to get the stupid scanner up and working tonight. Sorry for the delay :( . CoAsTeR TeeN

• 2 months later...

How come I have never seen this topic before? Well like Gazza, I collect park maps and posters, but I also have popcorn buckets, napkins, wristbands (my latest one is a locker wristband from DW). I have multiple on-ride photo's, latest is from MW. I only have one newspaper article, unfortunately I forgot what album I put it in. It was the article for the last day of Wonderland and it had a picture of riders on Bounty's Revenge, you could see, myself, my sister and two cousin's riding :D. I have one DVD from from Knotts (BTW I think the onride video systems are excellent) - Knotts And finally I collect shirts for every coaster I go on, I just don't wear them. Oh and just crap as well. post-1145-1219593008_thumb.jpg

I have a few things - Park maps last few years (Gold Coast) - MW/SW/WnW Refillable Cups - Old annual passes - Police Academy Mug - On ride photos including Disneyland Paris - Various merchandise from Disneyland Paris and finally a poster from Movieworld's first Birthday (can be seen partly in my avatar)