The Off Topic Topic

3 hours ago, Rivals said:

Wait so what is the point of keeping the park open later when the rides close 1/2hr earlier?

Because it will take half an hour once the ride queues are closed to get everyone through, and then to move people out of the park.. no different to what happens now at night events where rides close 30-60mins prior to park closure 

1 hour ago, Thrill Seeker said:

Anyone know why there are stages outside Dreamworld?

D26170B0-FD8C-4458-9B40-391F01B78C0C.thumb.jpeg.3ff8f1e726da080d1ec5ffeb1a0e030f.jpeg

Since the wacky inflatable waving men (Airman) were so popular at Sea World, Dreamworld have followed in the footsteps of the worlds best theme park operator and are also investing in Wacky inflatable waving men..

7 hours ago, T-bone said:

Since the wacky inflatable waving men (Airman) were so popular at Sea World, Dreamworld have followed in the footsteps of the worlds best theme park operator and are also investing in Wacky inflatable waving men..

Sky Voyager opening?? or could be for where security usually stand so they can get a better view over the crowd???

• Like 1

10 hours ago, T-bone said:

Despite only writing Wacky inflatable waving men, my head still reads "AL HARRINGTONS WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aw hype said:

Hey guys, thought this would be the right place to ask the question. Around what sort of temperature do most rides have to close? Would a 36 degree day result in the closure of many rides?

I don’t even think anyone knows. It’s very very very unlikely rides will shut due to temperature this season.

2 hours ago, Aw hype said:

Hey guys, thought this would be the right place to ask the question. Around what sort of temperature do most rides have to close? Would a 36 degree day result in the closure of many rides?

I believe your talking about adventure world? It’s roughly 41 degrees coasters like Abyss close down as steel starts to bend. This has happened a few times each season. Most other slides and rides would operate. It would probs be more of it being to hot for the ride operators to work. (Being 45 degrees and up)

A few folks on here have read this already off the forums but this is an recent story that’s occurred at EPCOT 

https://wdwnt.com/2018/12/breaking-buzzy-audio-animatronic-from-cranium-command-attraction-stolen-at-epcot/

I’ll be interested to see how this story concludes 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld

Well considering the ride closed in 2007, I doubt the animatronics would have any fluid pumping to them after 12 years...

There's a YouTube video floating around as of recent that shows someone breaking in and filming parts of the ride. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same guy or some copycat attempt. Very odd.

Here is a very interesting case study video on the Sydney/Darling Harbour Monorail system!.

I bet @pushbutton  will approve of this!! 

From the same Youtube channel as the above Sydney Monorail posting, here is a case study video on the life span of the Australia's Wonderland.

Very interesting and I know that there are several  posters on this forum such as AlexB who worked at the park. 

I know that that the death of Wonderland has been talked about ad-nauseum on these boards but this video does provide an interesting  take on the Wonderland saga. He certainly does provide an interesting viewpoint on  a what if scenario if Wonderland had not been sold to Sunway.

Enjoy the video!

• Like 1

Anyone who found the above video about the Sydney monorail interesting might also like to watch this one, by British Pathe from 1965. It's about the development of the first UK monorail system at Butlin's, which was also touted at the time as the future of public transport!

I find it of great interest that whilst monorails were obviously not taken up widely for mass transit purposes, there are signs now that they were ahead of their time and, in a way, might yet be used for just that, only in the form of MagLev, which is currently being considered by the Queensland government, and is very similar to a much faster version of the monorail!

• Like 1

• rappa locked this topic