The Off Topic Topic

Either that or people had entered the lines for rides prior to 5:00PM and they were still cycling through.

Great new TopGolf ongoing offer for those that want some weekday morning golf. 

$15 Unlimited Play

Visit Topgolf from Monday - Friday between 9AM and midday and enjoy unlimited game play for just $15 per person! It's the perfect way to enjoy a weekday morning at Topgolf.

* Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount, event or party. Must purchase by 11:15 a.m. Bay time will end at 12 p.m. Any time extension beyond 12 p.m. will be at venue hourly rate. $5 Lifetime Membership fee applies for first time visitors.

Edited by Jordan M.

22 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

If they were recreating the old Wipeout logo purely for fun / social purposes, it wouldn't be technically legal but I doubt Dreamworld would be all that bothered.

If they're using it on items they're selling, that's a different matter! Unless they have permission from Dreamworld, they could very well find themselves in significant legal difficulties!

12 minutes ago, Jordan M. said:

Whilst against Copyright I doubt (and hope) Dreamworld will take issue with it. 

I imagine Dreamworld would never find out about it considering the product is pretty much completely unknown to the public and only had exposure from pcl sharing it, they have now removed the post. Don’t think Dreamworld want to be in court rooms anymore nevertheless...

Does copyright law in australia require you to maintain your ownership of it? As in, you have to actively protect the use of the copyright or it sets a precedent and i think ownership can be challenged under the guise of the ownership has been abandoned (if its not being challenged)?

On 28/04/2019 at 10:10 PM, Levithian said:

Does copyright law in australia require you to maintain your ownership of it? As in, you have to actively protect the use of the copyright or it sets a precedent and i think ownership can be challenged under the guise of the ownership has been abandoned (if its not being challenged)?

No. Copyright remains including Prior Use rights. Only trademarks, patents etc require ongoing fees to maintain ownership within lodged Trademark Classes. Unless these guys have written rights from Dreamworld to sell their merch alongside key words like "Dreamworld" "Wipeout" etc it would only cost a few hundred bucks for Dreamworld to send a Cease & Desist letter to shut it down. No small operator will ignore or even consider fighting a Cease & Desist letter and a clear case of copyright infringement.

• rappa locked this topic