The Off Topic Topic

9 hours ago, Levithian said:

Wasnt the name change forced upon them because the owner of the trademark split from their partnership? No more name, no more building facade. Had to change it all.

But they had already changed the name after the Ettamogah case eventuated. It was simply called "The Pub", so the change to Banana Bender wasn't as a result of the court case, as that was long since done and dusted.

22 hours ago, zacsta_1997 said:

A maybe is still a maybe. And with him attending IAPPA, there may be hope. 

A few years back the owner of Scenic World was pictured with a Premier Rides executive at an AALARA event years ago. This needless to say didnt imply anything. Neither will this I imagine.

post-88-0-02600200-1431004567.thumb.png.486e1a9a636407d712d50ec8d8569ef9.png

Anything could happen. MW won't be getting anything major until when the time comes to replace AA,  which I don't think will be for another five years at least. Given Village has dropped a good $80+ million in the last three years or so in park investment, it should be reasonable to expect them to tone the spending down for the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised to hear if there was no plans at all for MW's next roller coaster given they dont look to replace Road Runner.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Baconjack said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear if there was no plans at all for MW's next roller coaster given they dont look to replace Road Runner.

This is not a Mum and dad business selling hotdogs at community events. 

It’s a multimillion dollar business on an international scale. 

There would 100% be solid, but malleable, plans and timelines in place for rides and park developments. 

• Like 3

On 22/11/2019 at 5:40 PM, Brad2912 said:

This is not a Mum and dad business selling hotdogs at community events. 

It’s a multimillion dollar business on an international scale. 

Yeah! Just like the one up the road building an ampitheatre  lazy river  shaded seating area  launched coaster  6 waterslide tower

(listed in order of announcement - yes, some will still be built, but the last announced is the first completed, and some have been abandoned completely.)

6 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere, but is there any reason as to why the IT maze hasn’t been removed at all? Is this common that mazes stay each year for the next years event, or do they get de-constructed each year?

Word around town is that the IT maze isn't being taken down until after it finishes it 2 year run, next year. I guess it's cheaper and easier to just close dodgems for a year than it is to pull down the IT maze and put it back up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Word around town is that the IT maze isn't being taken down until after it finishes it 2 year run, next year. I guess it's cheaper and easier to just close dodgems for a year than it is to pull down the IT maze and put it back up.

Makes sense. For the effort they put into it, it wouldn't make sense for them to pull IT down. I took a look on my visit yesterday and there didn't seem to be any changes whatsoever

Checked out SeaWorld yesterday. Due to the gusty winds both jet rescue and storm coaster were having a lot of downtime. The vortex site is still having the pilons installed.

the shaded seating area at jet rescue has been removed with an extended que almost finished construction.

Storm coasters theming has been removed! As you enter the building, all the collapsed shelving and boxes are gone. There is now a new concrete pad that extends from the que line to the edge of the track. Appears to also be a new extended que as per the chalk markings on the ground.

Sky flyer is currently not down for maintenance but yesterday it seemed it was being pulled apart with scaffolding up around it and missing pieces.?

• rappa locked this topic