The Off Topic Topic

See that just pisses me off - firstly, it's taking up four car parks near the front gates (hence the plant medians), secondly, the park provides trailer parking (bottom corner of the lot next to WedgieGreen Room tower).

But the other thing that gets me is the Dreamworld parking lot has 45* angle parking and i'm not keen on that layout.

Sure it's convenient (provided you go down the lane the right way) to pull into it, but few people observe the one way signage... and if the parking was like MW SW parking (90*), the car would only have parked across 2 spots instead of 4.

Re the car on bricks - Wonderland used to have carpark security towers... perhaps Movie World needs this too?

Alex B, 45 degree angle parking is often useful when the intention is that people will only flow through in one direction (DW car park is a perfect example) because the advantage is that it allows a narrower aisle width, so they can fit more spaces in.

It's quite efficient for big open car parks like that.

For smaller ones, and in particular, ones as part of a building following a typical rectangular column grid then 90 degree parking wins out (And of course if you need bi-di traffic flow)

^yeah I get that, but quite often you get a bunch of muppets who drive up the lanes the wrong way because they've gone down an aisle, seen a park, and cut around quickly to get to it, rather than going 'full circle'... which of course then holds up traffic because the 45* angle isn't designed for people to drive into it from the opposite side, and they need to do a 16 point turn because the lane isn't as wide as a normal carpark.

Dreamworld's layout would be incredibly effective if people didn't always try the first few aisles to try and get a spot closer... they need to monitor the aisle, and 'close' it once it's full. I don't think i've ever seen Dreamworld's carpark THAT full that the 45* angle would really make that much of a difference.

^lol.

I know the parking lot is 'public' and 'at your own risk' but this is two in a week.

Obviously we don't have the 'before' pics so can't know what they had - most likely they were some pretty shiny chrome ones or ones that are particularly expensive. I doubt they'd be stealing stockos - so the general park-going public is fine - only those who spend a lot of money on wheels need to be concerned.

As for the rattle gun - too much noise. Nobody needs to be fast when the owner is in a park all day - loosen all the nuts first, then jack it up - couple guys with a tyre iron each can get em off in a few minutes without the need for a rattle gun... judging from both photos, it looks like both cars were a fair distance from the entrance too.

• rappa locked this topic