The Off Topic Topic

11 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

Hi Michelle. It is yet to be confirmed, but we believe that the ride may have two different cycles, one where it spins 360 degrees, and one that spins 150 degrees. Stay tuned for more details.

@themagician where did you get that info from?  

That was based off the websites details of the ride, and a comment made on here. With posts or comments I make regarding things like this, I'll always say, "yet to be confirmed" or "we believe" or "to our knowledge", just so I don't state things that aren't true, as of yet.

At one point, probably two years ago, I was contacted by DW administration because I had written something in a way that came across wrongly. All was good and I just had to edit the post, and then for a couple of months I was often let know by this staff member about news/info at the park, particularly leading up to the opening of TailSpin and was also invited to to official announcement event.

48 minutes ago, iwerks said:

@reanimated35 - Perth Theme Parks. Some of the people who follow my page don't like coverage of GC parks, so I try not to cover too much of the stuff everyone else does.

@themagician what's yours?

Ah that explains why I haven't seen it. 

46 minutes ago, themagician said:

@iwerks 'Gold Coast Theme Parks'

I shall investigate. 

Well I'm clearly in the minority..

I barely have enough time to post on here lately, let alone run a theme park page of any level of quality. 

Id hate to do a half-assed job and it reflect not only poorly on myself, but potentially poorly on our theme parks if the quality of content wasn't good enough and someone was basing their opinions of them on my page. 

8 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I barely have enough time to post on here lately, let alone run a theme park page of any level of quality. 

Id hate to do a half-assed job and it reflect not only poorly on myself, but potentially poorly on our theme parks if the quality of content wasn't good enough and someone was basing their opinions of them on my page. 

Yeah, I think the category that you label your page as has a bit to do with it - if you're a community or a news site.

I think TPG has done the right thing listing herself as a blogger, especially since it's her adventures.

6 hours ago, skeetafly said:

I wasn't having a go at you @Theme Park Girl the truth be know, I didn't even know you have created one.  The main reason I think they fail is people don't realise how much work goes into them so people give up on them. The other main reason they fail is because most of them are the same.

All good dude, don't stress :) Although truth be told, my intentions for starting it were innocent... other than TPSN and Parkz, I actually didn't even know that any other theme park related FB pages existed until recently lol. As you guys know I go to the local theme parks a LOT, and I was starting to feel a little bad for the friends and family on my Facebook whom didn't live on the GC (or had no interest in theme parks) and were frequently being subjected to my photos and what not.

A friend of mine who is a massive movie buff recently started his own movie review channel on Youtube, which gave me the idea of starting my own little spot for my passion, somewhere where I could split away my FB friends who did have an interest in my theme park related posts. I posted a status asking everyone if they would be interested in such a thing if I started one, got an overwhelmingly positive response, I got excited and began bursting with ideas, so I went ahead with it :)

Initially it was intended to just be a blog for friends/family I know, but then one thing led to another... my frustrations toward TPSN drove me to want to do a better job at what he was trying (and failing) to do, which is why I stepped up to make it something of a bigger scale - converting my Youtube & Instagram accounts toward the same cause. Things have pretty much just rolled from there and turned it into what it is today. Still only have what I consider to be a large handful of followers @ around the 160 mark, but its still enough to drive me forward and continue making the best effort I can :) That and my rising interest in photography which I love sharing my efforts to the world with :)

5 hours ago, Santa07 said:

What makes me wonder the most though is why were you following that loser in the first place...

(also not surprising that this happened, his page is like china's internet in a facebook page [no racism intended])

Lmfao!!! You're not wrong :lol::lol::lol: Tbh I started following his page a few years ago, when I was naive and didn't know there were better ones around. I guess up until now I had just attempted to keep the peace, but yeah bugger it, after today I am over it. I've already had a go at him in the past about deleting my posts and supposedly we were starting on a clean slate :rolleyes:

It's a shame he doesn't want to be a good sport and a team player like the rest of us who run theme park related stuff. The irony is that he pops up on my page from time to time and makes snark comments, despite the fact he has never bothered to 'like' it. So apparently he is keeping an eye on me. Not that I really give a shit anyway <_<

1 hour ago, iwerks said:

I think TPG has done the right thing listing herself as a blogger, especially since it's her adventures.

Thanks, and that's exactly the reason I made it a blog, to clarify that it's the theme parks from my POV and not as a standard view :) I also wanted to be able to make personal comments and opinions on things as well, kinda give them my own personal touch :D 

7 hours ago, AlexB said:

What TPG does - where she has her own page, but posts updates, images, and news separately to the forum is what is preferred - as images and links dont get lost if the host site goes down - pictures uploaded here are stored here, so we can see them many years later when someone starts talking about a 'new' mural at LPS that has been there for months \ years... ;)

Yeah, that and I don't want to cause any conflict of interest with Parkz. Not that I see anything I have created as anywhere near the scale of this site or popularity by all means, nor do I intend to cause any kind of drama by running a theme park related blog! But I prefer to try and keep them separate regardless, as I admire and respect the huge effort that Richard has put into this website, and I wouldn't see it as fair to try and redirect any of his traffic away from this site.

Man, I've been a member of this forum for 10 years now. Parkz is like my online home, and you guys are my family lol :D So despite running a blog out of personal interests, I am only happy to preach this site on my own page as much as I can, and do what I can to continue to help Parkz grow too. My loyalty is to this site. Richard knows this  ;)

3 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Would it be quicker to make a list of members who DON'T have a page?

Hahaha, kinda reminds me of DJs these days (despite the fact I married one - at least he is a real one from oldskool days :lol::P)...

43a1dbce-260a-4e12-9e00-dbf2aa41a413.png

PS. Sorry this post is so long... sheesh... 6 hours at work tonight and come back online to a hundred posts I wanted to respond to, hahaha :)

Edited by Theme Park Girl

14 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I agree. 99.9% of them are very poor.  Why would I go to a Facebook page and go through 100 pages to find out what time DW is open today. 

99.9% of these sites are just stealing each other’s photos. Theme Park Girl's photos must be real good because I think every site I visited has one of her photos.

The news is never their own. The shit that is super stupid when you see a photo posted of a pizza.  “Buy this pizza it only cost $8.00”

Pages acting like they are the park or are trying to help the parks sell a pizza are dumb, stupid & funny.

@joz I am withdrawing from negotiations for my company to purchases your “Theme Parks a Go-Go” After many years of research my company has found that “Go-Go to a Theme Park” would be a better option.  I wish you well and encourage you to visit us one day.   

Edited by skeetafly

4 hours ago, skeetafly said:

Theme Park Girl's photos must be real good because I think every site I visited has one of her photos

Except bloody Dreamworld's FB page... no matter how many photos of mine I have tagged and shared, to date I have had no success in getting them to share any :lol: So they apparently don't like them :(:huh:

6 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Except bloody Dreamworld's FB page... no matter how many photos of mine I have tagged and shared, to date I have had no success in getting them to share any :lol: So they apparently don't like them :(:huh:

Yeah, some parks are really supportive, some have no social media whatsoever and others just plain ignore you. Adventure World have been pretty supportive, liking or reposting some of my things.

I hate it when news media posts your stuff and credits Facebook or no one at all.

• rappa locked this topic