The Off Topic Topic

SE went down was because something came out of someones pocket and hit someone behind them, and it was closed down for 30 minutes
Am I the only one here who has a problem with this? Why should something falling out of some one's pocket cause 20 mins downtime? Sure, the injured (if they were injured, I've a hard time imagining they would be) people must be seen to, but surely that's not something that would tie up the ride ops for 30 mins? Something doesn't click with that story... Gazza, the Ocean Park B&M is a Stand Up, first one in 12 years, awesome! I was starting to think they didn't still make them.

Still a rumour about it being stand up Joz....Though if it is, it would be cool since it would be the first stand up with a Zero G Roll.

B&M Stand Up still my favourite coaster design by far.
I did get a pretty awesome ride on Riddlers last time when I deliberatley adjusted the harness so all the weight was on my feet :o Though I still think their Flyers and Dive Machine are better...Inverteds too.

I did say favourite, not best ;) Whilst it is my favourite, just because it's so different they definately do have BETTER coasters. I would say nemesis, Tatsu, the Dragons and Batman all kick ass. I still can't get past loving the "YOU STAND UP??!!!" factor though.

Yay, new B&M, this time in Hong Kong at Ocean Park....Guess I might have to work my next overseas trip to fly with an airline that stops over there... http://rcdb.com/9647.htm?p=0
A B&M Standup, from a park that has this kind of landscape to work with? THats a whole new element of scary... THe other two pictures attached were signboards on display in the park in february 2010. I believe from the other signage in the park it was suggested a toboggan style coaster in the polar section, and the thrill section was their next big coaster plan.

post-152-1294874629_thumb.jpg

post-152-1294874715_thumb.jpg

post-152-1294874858_thumb.jpg

post-152-1294874904_thumb.jpg

Given their current ride lineup, I don't think their guests will be too disappointed. Presently, they're the "dreamworld" in that picture, while HKDL down the road would be the figurative MW... theming vs. thrill.... At least the HK equivalent of Dreamworld is building a B&M and not falsely advertising showtimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thorpe park are getting a B&M Wing Rider now, with a rather awesome looking 'inversion' first drop...Basically the train does half a barrel roll at the top and then dives down a massive half loop: LC12-Island-Birds-Eye.pnghttp://lc12.co.uk/lc12plan/LC12-Island-Birds-Eye.png LC12-Elevation-NorthEastSouthEast.pnghttp://lc12.co.uk/lc12plan/LC12-Elevation-...stSouthEast.png

• rappa locked this topic