The Off Topic Topic

What do you think is the next ride on the chopping block in the Gold Coast?

IMO it would be Cyclone. It'll be pretty bad trading a coaster with waterslides, considering they already did that with Thunderbolt years back.

I think Cyclone has had it's day. imo it will only be around for the next 3 years or so.

In my opinion I don't think DW will remove the cyclone any time soon. In the mean time it just needs some TLC. Unless they built another coaster in another location, I can't see them removing it. The cyclone track fits perfectly around WWW, so unless they just remove it, then they won't replace it with another coaster in that same location.

Cyclone puts me to sleep, I think it's next to go. I much prefer Arkham Asylum which is currently the oldest coaster on the coast. Also the harness seems like it can easily get undone. It takes your picture but "Cyclone Ride Photos are Unavailable". If it was to close waterslides will replace it, Dreamworld would need to build a better coaster elsewhere in the park - they most likely will stick it in a location that it doesn't fit into destroying the layout of the whole area like what happened with Motorcoaster.

Kinda random and trivial, but when did the Cave Of Waves stop moaning at WWW? I remember it used to moan loudly as an "alarm" to visitors whenever the wave cycle started, and there are still signs around the pool which state this. Yet the past few times I have been to WWW in the past week, there has been nothing and the waves start anyway.

Just curious. It's a shame as I thought it was a neat feature. I remember how all the kids used to (and probably still do - haven't been to WnW in years) scream out loud and get excited every time the alarm sounded for the wave pool at WnW lol. Used to be the same for Cave Of Waves back when the park first opened.

• rappa locked this topic