The Off Topic Topic

This may be a bit repetitive, but I've only seen fragmented information here on the forums.

I was thinking back to when the Cyclone was open, and I was wondering what the original queue experience was. I never got to fully experience it, but all I remember was something playing on TV's and the turbine being operational. 

Would someone be able to give me a bit of a detailed description of how it was? I've always wondered what the so-called "shaking floors" were like, not to mention the original intention of the circular room at the end of the queue. 

• turbine had a cow on top of it
  • fans within the queue ramps all blew air in the same direction - supposedly the cyclone
  • shaking floor still exists on the internal queue line area - just a floor mounted on springs - similar to the one in the ToT queue - which I think was the circular room you refer to.

That's all i can remember - i'm sure others can offer more.

I think i remember it being some sort of government or some science type group/company experiment with travel, like, generating vortexes to transport people in. I think I remember part of the recording, they were actively tracking cyclones or something, used to be kind of setup like a weather station/lab thing inside the building, hence the big turbine and computer equipment. Had monitors all the way up the entry queue you could watch the whole situation unfold. At the end there would be a count down and the turbine (which i think kept turning at the same speed, lol) would ramp up (sound effects) and you would enter out on to the platform to ride.

Edited by Levithian

I don't think there is any harm in SeaWorld parks emphasizing the work that they do in their attractions. In the past, they haven't put as strong a message behind them as our Sea World does.

I guess it doesn't help when their branding \ logo on the image says SeaWorld Entertainment but hey - its a step forward.

Slightly jealous of my husband, he's a professional DJ by trade and regularly does jobs at Movieworld via the contract of the mobile DJ business he gets frequent work through. Most of them have been out on the MW main street... weddings, awards nights etc.

Anyway, the lucky bugger is DJ'ing a Yr12 formal in the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster castle tonight!!! Couldn't think of a cooler place to have a formal lol ???

Lucky kids, too. Apparently they get full use of the ride as part of the evening. 

I might have actually bothered going to mine back in the day, had it been somewhere awesome like that ???

Got to see the new superjets in action for the jet stunt extreme show.

Very cool, Mickey! Love the pics ☺ And glad to see those water jetpack things are making a comeback to the jet stunt extreme show too. Had noticed their absence in it recently and wondered why ? 

Edited by OceanGirl

I didn't take any photos backstage. But there wasn't much to see, I just walked in the door between Stars/Movie Memorabilia and there was a little office behind Roxy where I signed some forms. I then entered the back of the Roxy pre-show room and worked in and out of the main Roxy Theatre, and also on Main St.

It was cool because I love theme parks, not because there was actually anything interesting back there!

• rappa locked this topic