The Off Topic Topic

I'm actually really against using kids in a protest. Sure go fight your cause, no matter how stupid it is... But don't use your kids as pawns in your efforts just because they don't know any better. 

I'm sorry but to me it would be Expo 88 news.  Titan was her name and she was a pain to tame.  As a young lad she was one of the first girls I got to ride.   Just because she has moved homes a few times now does not mean she forgets where she came from.  I believe I rode her over 200 times in Brisbane.  May she never forget me.

Titian.jpg

She would let me ride her for free every Saturday from 12-1pm.

Edited by skeetafly

2 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Well that's a first that our government did something right...

This line is especially catching my attention:

“The pools that are used for display are usually designed to maximise visibility to humans and to facilitate cleaning rather than to provide a complex environment for exploration or deep dives,” a spokesman said

I don't know if dolphin's think the same as me, but I would much prefer to have a clean, simple home than a bigger and more extravagant but also much dirtier home.

3 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Never to this day did I think I would see a sentence using the words "Government has some common sense" 

19 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Never to this day did I think I would see a sentence using the words "Government has some common sense" 

Haha. There's a first for everything. And sadly it will probably be a last as well ??? That said, I'm still relieved to see our Sea World getting some backup in this situation. They seem to be getting driven into the ground of late with all this Blackfish fuelled protester drivel. Even when I worked there a couple of Xmases ago, I came out to 'empty the tank'  leaflets on my cars windscreen. Along with everyone else's.

It's sad to see them copping so much misguided anger when their marine rescue & rehab program have been doing so much to help marine animals for so long. They deserve better ??

Wow.....wow wow wow! :o A good POV of Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean.

Also, if you missed the Tron coaster POV from a couple days ago, here it is:

These attractions look incredible! Shanghai Disneyland is looking like it's going to be an amazing park. It may contend with DisneySea as the best Disney Park ever built.

Edited by Luke

Flights currently on sale - Sydney to LA with Air Canada from $760 including tax. The sale is for dates between October 17 to November 24. Flight Centre is advertising the prices from $734, however in typical Flight Centre style the nearest I can get to that price is $820 excluding agents fees.

At these prices I feel a week trip is coming on. Hello Ghost rider and Joker.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/05/13/06/52/one-dead-and-nine-seriously-injured-after-indian-theme-park-accident

Wow, surely that would be akin to murder? Forcing people to do something that was quite obviously dangerous, given they noted the ride's engine was making strange noises and yet did nothing to help them?

Common sense would call for testing using water dummies, not human beings ???

ETA: this article mentions nothing about them being forced, but it does include a chilling video of the incident ??? http://m.ndtv.com/chennai-news/disco-dancer-ride-was-on-trial-run-near-chennai-disaster-at-theme-park-1405410

Edited by Theme Park Girl

3 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/05/13/06/52/one-dead-and-nine-seriously-injured-after-indian-theme-park-accident

Wow, surely that would be akin to murder? Forcing people to do something that was quite obviously dangerous, given they noted the ride's engine was making strange noises and yet did nothing to help them?

It would be manslaughter at the very least, if not murder.

I have grabbed some of the comment people are leaving about the accident.

These rides are also not safe in India”  

“Secondly, Trials are done only to find these issues which happened as before they go to public, in any case, rail, fun ride of anything, in Trial runs, they are pushed to their limit and in cases beyond limit to that edge line to make sure all is ok and working as desired. This accident is the very reason for which trials are done to avoid public loss. The workers are those men who build and possible was supposed to operate the machine so they knew what they are doing.
I would credit the builder for proper trial run to break the machine and save possible accident on actual public operation.”  

“Why is no one wearing over-the-shoulder safety belt? Management should install safety belts”

“It was not employees who took part in the trial, it was all poor teens from nearby area”

I like the one where it was ok because nobody from the public was hurt.  Sounds like India don’t have any test dummies for the testing of rides so they get people off the street.

Edited by skeetafly

Workers don't count as people, obviously.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Crazy. The Shoulder restraints definitely would have saved them all...

No brad, OTSRs would not have worked, these people wanted over the shoulder belts. Like racing belts.

Like these

pzCInyP.png

Also, watching that video it doesn't look like an engine problem caused it, more like a track or wheel problem.

Edited by Santa07

Crap that's bad. I agree with Santa07 - it seems to be more of a track or wheel problem.

What was there to hold the riders in place? I can partially see something there against their backs. I must confess though, the only Disk-O I've been on (the one at Blackpool Pleasure Beach) only has a back thing - a support which really presses against the back and holds you in place, more or less identical to the "motorbike seats" on Mick Doohan's thingy at DW.

• rappa locked this topic