The Off Topic Topic

haven't responded yet, I should say I'm not the only the one who thinks he's page is a choke hazard, I know there are others who agree with that statement, to TTPSN who is reading this, if you can't handle being criticised for what you are doing, don't do it the first place also if you have a problem with the group, just ignore it or contact Richard, I know Richard will be happy to speak to you all about this scenario, is there a way to get him IP banned from the site?

EDIT: ok, so I banned him off page as he did it to me, fight fire with fire they say ? and also thank you 200+ reputation :D better than -91

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Guys there's a lot of people here who don't like him for various reasons. On the plus side however, unlike pop, if we ignore him, he'll go away. If he posts incorrect information on his page, people will slowly start to recognise he may not be the best source of information for things relating to the parks. 

If he steals images without providing credit, that can be reported to facebook and if it happens too much, facebook will take action. If you're really that concerned, you can also get a cease and desist style letter done up and sent to him.

If you're stalking him and his page on facebook just to see what gets said once you've been blocked and only have 1 or 2 accounts to do so with, you're doing it really wrong and need to lift your game. 

Finally, just be thankful someone is getting to the parks daily and getting photos. Also be thankful we now have @Theme Park Girl getting quite regular and quality photos that aren't just washed out camera phone snaps. 

Eh, I wish that had been the case with me, @reanimated35. The dude kept harassing me outside of this site in the form of private messages and annoying comments on my blog. Then he started getting up me over responses I had made on here to other people's rants about him (ie. screenshots posted by others of his ridiculous claims on MY blog) and threatening to report me to Facebook :rolleyes:

Rest assured I'm well and truly over it. I've since blocked him as well on most media formats, so hopefully he will keep his inaccurate information and snide remarks to himself in future and leave me the hell alone ?

Edited by Theme Park Girl

52 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Hmm... does anyone know a guy named John Stanton on FB? Just got a very weird message from him who says he's got info to leak. Not sure if they are legit or not, but yeah, if he is then I might be first in on getting some breaking news out on my blog :)

Does he work at Dippin Dots?

Edited by Tim Dasco

De-railing this topic for a moment and will say this about VR coasters, good idea, terrible execution. Found the headset uncomfortable and slightly painful to wear during the ride (hard plastic on your nose isn't fun). They also totally decimate the capacity of a ride (around 5 minutes between dispatches). Sure the video/game was fun but no way would I be rushing back to ride a VR coaster especially with over a hour wait.

1 hour ago, pin142 said:

De-railing this topic for a moment and will say this about VR coasters, good idea, terrible execution. Found the headset uncomfortable and slightly painful to wear during the ride (hard plastic on your nose isn't fun). They also totally decimate the capacity of a ride (around 5 minutes between dispatches). Sure the video/game was fun but no way would I be rushing back to ride a VR coaster especially with over a hour wait.

Hopefully if MW or another of our theme parks ends up putting VR on some of their rides they'll try to get something comfortable and also pull up staff numbers to keep efficiency going well ... haha no it's movieworld, I should've said 'to keep efficiency poor instead of sliding into the horrible category'

The ride has two trains with the second train always sitting on the brake run after completing the course whist waiting for the other train to finish loading. Sad to think this ride used to run a maximum of four trains and now is flat out being able to run two efficiently. For those wondering what they are using for the VR, it is the Samsung Gear VR with a Galaxy S7.

I just came across this on Facebook. It's a couple of weeks old and may not be new news but I thought it was interesting so I'll share it anyway.

Driver killed in carnival ride road accident 

[May 22, 2016] An 80-year-old man has died after his car was struck by a metal out-rigger from a Hurricane carnival ride which was travelling along a highway in Burbank, Brisbane, Australia.

The metal arm came loose and swung out, before it crashed through the front windscreen of the man’s car, travelling in the opposite direction, just before 9pm last night. His car then veered off the road and down an embankment, where he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police are investigating how the ride was loaded onto its truck trailer.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, downunder196 said:

I just came across this on Facebook. It's a couple of weeks old and may not be new news but I thought it was interesting so I'll share it anyway.

Driver killed in carnival ride road accident 

[May 22, 2016] An 80-year-old man has died after his car was struck by a metal out-rigger from a Hurricane carnival ride which was travelling along a highway in Burbank, Brisbane, Australia.

The metal arm came loose and swung out, before it crashed through the front windscreen of the man’s car, travelling in the opposite direction, just before 9pm last night. His car then veered off the road and down an embankment, where he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police are investigating how the ride was loaded onto its truck trailer.

image.jpeg

Yep - we caught that a few weeks ago when it happened...

On 5/23/2016 at 7:55 AM, AlexB said:

In other news, I caught on the news last night there was an accident on a highway in Queensland where a trailer mounted hurricane ride killed a man travelling in the opposite direction. I've looked for an online link and can't find anything, but from what I saw on the news, the ride was folded for transport, and one of the ride arms flung out sideways from the trailer, essentially clotheslining the oncoming car. The driver was killed by the impact.

Further replies provided links to the news articles.

• rappa locked this topic