The Off Topic Topic

This feels like promotion to me. I do think this sort of cross promo is the type of thing that SHOULD be paid for.

I am however very interested in the top 5 things theme park enthusiasts do wrong. Not interested enough to actually watch it - so if someone could post them here, that'd be great.

Just a quick reminder of our policy in terms of promotion:

• Share content you're not involved with -- links to sites, Facebook pages etc.
  • Share your own content here by uploading the photos/videos directly and/or embedding YouTube videos.
  • Don't promote websites, Facebook pages etc. that you are involved with.

If the content is good then others will do the sharing for you, but things just get out of hand if it's just a free-for-all "hey check out my page". Full details are of course pinned at the top of the forum.

I'm confused - are you saying Ninja's post does, or doesn't comply? (Its still there so i'm assuming you're saying it does)

Yes, it's a photo, but a photo of a facebook post about a facebook page having a live chat featuring Ninja's facebook page Surely this hits point 1 and 3? What does 'involved with' mean - that you administer it? or that you are affiliated with? Surely cross promotion of each other meets 'involved' ?

That would be like me having a facebook page, where I make a post about how me and TPAGG (Joz) are going to be in a web chat together. Joz then comes to Parkz and posts a screenshot of my post. Technically, its not HIS page, and he isn't INVOLVED with the page, but since the page itself is PROMOTING his page.... doesn't that fit? or is that a loophole we're allowed to exploit?

I probably wasn't clear enough, but like you're saying @AlexB, it is self-promotion and is not something we want to see on Parkz. I tried to keep my reminder gentle because I know we've let a lot of this slip by unmoderated and I don't particularly want to come down hard on any specific member.

It feels like there's been more talk about theme park pages than actual theme parks lately...

Sorry for misunderstanding also @Richard. It does feel that way, but i guess thats because every man and his dog is a blogger or online journalist these days. 

I still come here for my fix. I don't follow any other pages regularly except disney specific (and reputable) pages.

It is unfortunate that anyone with an iPad these days considers themselves a park expert... anyhow... onwards!

8 hours ago, AlexB said:

I am however very interested in the top 5 things theme park enthusiasts do wrong. Not interested enough to actually watch it - so if someone could post them here, that'd be great.

I caught the show/livestream tonight and I copied down the "Top 5 things enthusiasts do wrong"...

1. Go one a ride during the first few days of opening and complain about technical issues and/or long queues.
  2. Focus completely on the negatives of a ride while neglecting the positive aspects
  3. Spoil the experience of various rides and attractions by watching POV's before experiencing the attractions firsthand.
  4. Refuse Front of the Line passes when visiting parks
  5. Complain about Annual Passes

I tend to agree with some of these, yet I think some others aren't the most truthful. For example, I don't think any enthusiast is going to knock back a Fast Pass when visiting an international park where repeat visits may be unlikely, however I completely understand why someone wouldn't get a Fast Pass when visiting their local park.

I think Ash was disappointed you weren't watching, Alex. Good job TPN, although I was a little disappointed that they didn't use the visuals from Skype as well.

Not weighing in on the Parkz up charge controversy (although I am a fully paid up member) I think you'll find most Australian theme park fan pages devotees of Parkz, anyway. We are grateful for the site and want to direct traffic your way.

Thanks for the feedback iwerks, I was a bit nervous getting on tonight, I asked Ash to do voice chat not video chat and he agreed to it so that can explain why you didn't see any visuals when you were watching it, I thought the whole thing went thing went great, those pictures that he showed of TopGolf got me on board the hype train :D 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

nope^ it's really good but be warned, it drains your battery very quickly, they are working on a patch to fix the issue, they are also releasing something called Pokemon Go Plus where you can catch Pokemon in game with out turning on your phone, 

13 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

nope^ it's really good but be warned, it drains your battery very quickly, they are working on a patch to fix the issue, they are also releasing something called Pokemon Go Plus where you can catch Pokemon in game with out turning on your phone, 

How do you play a phone game without turning on your phone?

the Pokemon Go Plus needs to be connected to your phone via Bluetooth so that's how you play without your phone @AlexB more information here ⤵️

http://press-start.com.au/2016/07/07/pokemon-go-plus-device-will-change-way-play/

the device apparently vibrates and there's a green light if your near a Pokemon,

I think an admin might want to move this into the Gaming section of the forum, 

just made a thread for the game, Richard it's now your job to move the posts over there 

added link

watching the news at the moment, there's a new Water Park costing $400 million dollars that's due to get built at Sunshine Coast, here's a few concept pictures

Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 6.35.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-09 at 6.35.50 PM.png

articles: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/plans-for-new-400-million-sunshine-coast-theme-park/news-story/56996a2941f366c00360f306e8d7a82e http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/investor-eyes-coast-for-400m-action-sports-precinc/3052981/

Movie Park Germany are reportedly getting a Star Trek themed Mack launcher with a semi shuttle layout. What makes this one interesting is that it sits in the same relative position in the park as Superman Escape does here, complete with a turn cut through the building.Image                      

Check out Movie Park on google maps and you can see how many similarities there are. Both were built at a time when Warner Bros had an ownership stake in both parks.

https://goo.gl/maps/gsDC8i9LmDA2

FJF Amusement's is getting a brand new portable KMG XXL this year! It's a massive gyro swing ride (like the claw at DW). This one stands 40 metres tall, swings to 120 degrees and holds 20 people. It looks amazing, can't wait to give this beast a ride! Love the name and jungle type themeing. It's being commissioned at the moment at the KMG factory in the Netherlands, and should be in Aus for EKKA this year. 
https://www.facebook.com/KMG-Europe-BV-355142571240840/?fref=ts

13600217_1075879189167171_2041734037728213626458_1073359639419126_91631080462858

Edited by Luke

40 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

That's been at the ekka for years now hasn't it?

We don't have an XXL in Australia. This will be our first model. Are you talking about Goldenway amusements XXXL or the Freakout. Or Chants Rebal? This is the freak outs and afterburners big brother and loads onto 3 trailers as instead of freak outs 1 trailer. The ones we have reach 24metres and this one will be 40 meters tall.

• rappa locked this topic