The Off Topic Topic

^ a similar but i think much smaller version @reanimated35

I trust they're shipping it (not flying it) to Aus? nobody is going to fly a beast like that (no pun intended) - if they're still commissioning it, I doubt they have time to ship it to Brisbane. A little googling suggests it would take 43 days by sea freight.

Just putting 2cents into it. The names KMG give their rides for these to ride types are KMG Inversion (XXXL) and KMG XXL (The beast). So Goldenway amusements bought the KMG Inversion and named it the XXXL. Now FJF amusements borough the KMG XXL and have named it the beast. So if we want to call them by the names the ride owners have given them. We would use "XXXL" and "The Beast". This will probably solve the confusion between XXXL and XXL.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wyncenuros said:

They've been doing that for a good 9-12 months. Not sure how a kids gets hurt using a skipping rope or a beach ball.. Liability wise I imagine it would be no different to a kid tripping over the gutter in a crowd or over their own feet - tough luck..

22 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Cedar Point's Pipe Scream is classed as a Roller Coaster on their website and as one of their 18 roller coasters which is what their world record is.

Link https://www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/roller-coasters

Well there you go. I agree - it is cheating. If it doesn't make it to RCDB, then it doesn't count.

rcdb.png

1 hour ago, Wyncenuros said:

This is why we can't have nice things. (Not directing this at you @Wyncenuros)

Thankfully, the park has thumbed its nose to that risk. and rightly so. If a kid trips on a skipping rope for example, let's pick them up, dust them off, put a bandaid on it and buy them an ice cream. If a parent's next step is to call a lawyer, instead of letting Johnny run back off to play, then they shouldn't be parenting. TBH - same for a kid that trips over a gutter or a crack in the footpath. They should watch where they're going. The litigious society we've seen grow needs to be given a back seat... before the fun police ruin everything enjoyable. (thankfully I believe the fun police are busy running the NSW state government at the moment).

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

They've been doing that for a good 9-12 months. Not sure how a kids gets hurt using a skipping rope or a beach ball.. Liability wise I imagine it would be no different to a kid tripping over the gutter in a crowd or over their own feet - tough luck..

Except the staff are actively encouraging it so can't even really look at it like negligence ...

Need to look at the difference between public liability and legal liability...

And all good @AlexB I love the idea but there would be those that would agree with people falling from garden edges as the parkz fault

Edited by Wyncenuros

starting from scratch, in the last few weeks I have realised that I have been like an idiot on this website since I joined and want to change my attitude for the better

I have also seen in the last few weeks that people have lost respect me which is why I want to start a new life on here

• rappa locked this topic