The Off Topic Topic

The monorail would fit under the Plaza if it did have aircon installed on the roof, the issue is they wouldn't fit in the station for maintence work, and they would need to redo the station for it to fit

IMG_6335.JPG

Looks like SW now like to repurpose signs and put them somewhere else in the park, so they point a different direction of the ride it's showing

IMG_6336.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

The back of the Nickelodeon Store is getting some work done (Photo TPSN)

IMG_6523.thumb.JPG.c4134f5e7b1f2df0010656104cebda66.JPG

I really think that the decked area in the right of th image should be properly opened up and have some tables/chairs for people to sit and eat, or enjoy the stunt show from. They've basically now closed the whole part off and can only be accessed from the side and it isn't very clear if you haven't visited the park before or if you don't take any notice.

Didn't really seem thread worthy.... From Facebook:

.facebook_1487298572616.thumb.jpg.4139eb9af4a3bebc4a6426b088143864.jpg

It’s Oscars Award Season and there’s no better place to pay tribute to Hollywood’s night of nights than at Warner Bros. Movie World. Visit Movie World from Saturday 25th to Monday 27th of February to snap a picture with some very special Oscars characters, watch pop up big screen movie moments throughout the day and then get involved in the pre-parade giveaways and interviews hosted by our very own Bugs & Lola. Plus, enter our Oscars Voting Competition at the Roxy Theatre for your chance to win an Access All Areas Star Tour for you and friend.

Come and celebrate all things ‘movies’ with us at Hollywood on the Gold Coast!

Edited by reanimated35

Sea World basically exists because of having Dolphin Shows.  I don't think Affinity is the best incarnation, but again is see it as 'dolphin shows at Sea World', in which case it totally belongs there.

Mammoth Falls I think is also deserving of its place on the list.  I mean it has a very long ride time, a small height requirement, genuinely fun for all ages, is rerideable, and a has massive capacity.  It was also the first of Wet "n" Wild's big modern slides and really helped the park transition from small local water park, to something quite special.  

I think it's a pretty good list really.  All of those attractions are not only the best the Gold Coast has, but they were also what made the Gold Coast what they are.  When you look through the list, (with the exception of PA which was just perfection itself) most of those rides represent some sort of coming of age for the park they're in, and resulted in a boost which propelled the park along.  

The only change I would have made would be to combine ToT/GD onto one spot and get Corkscrew on the list.  While nothing special in terms of a coaster it was able to be the signature thrill ride for Sea World pretty much it's whole life.  I'm glad that rides like Green Lantern, Claw and Buzzsaw didn't make the list, because while all fun rides, I don't view them as being anything 'special'.

Umm...  Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland and Charles Chaplin never won an Oscar...  Audrey Hepburn did but not for Breakfast at Tiffany's...  Monroe was never even nominated...

How about Vivien Leigh in Gone With The Wind, Liza Minnelli in Cabaret, Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady, Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump...

13 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Umm...  Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland and Charles Chaplin never won an Oscar...  Audrey Hepburn did but not for Breakfast at Tiffany's...  Monroe was never even nominated...

How about Vivien Leigh in Gone With The Wind, Liza Minnelli in Cabaret, Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady, Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump...

Way to strip Chaplin of three Oscars. He actually won two honorary ones and one for music score for Limelight in 1973.

• rappa locked this topic