The Off Topic Topic

11 minutes ago, Alex Berriman said:

I have to admit, I'm having fun in the comment section of the news articles. It sucks that they're still posting these articles, but it's a chance to try and show people the other side of the story when they say that the park or ride should be shut down because of the issue at hand.

Haha, ditto ?? And what's a bet it's only a matter of time before someone asks either of us if we work for the park? I come to expect it these days. Heaven forbid anyone ever defend anything they are knowledgeable and passionate about without having some kind of alterior motive ?

1 hour ago, ash.1111 said:

Apparently I'm a senior ride engineer at Dreamworld according to some random on the GCB FB page. All I said was that it wasn't a safety issue or anything out of the norm, but anyway... #Fakenews

Lol! Don't get me started on the GCB ? I've already been banned from previously posting on the Courier Mail FB page. Apparently they don't take criticism about their theme park reporting methods as well as the others do lol ?

As the links tend not to be dynamic - do this:

• google 'gold coast pd online'
  • go to the property search
  • enter lot number 6
  • enter plan number SP118653
  • search - then click on the little magnifying glass.

No documents are lodged on these applications as they are privately certified

Application Number: BLD201701082
Description: SOUTH CARPARK ENTRY CHECKPOINT BUILDING
Code: BUILDING
Class: OFFICE BUILDING
Work: CONSTRUCT
Lodged: 02/02/2017

Application Number: BLD201700080
Description: COVERED SEATING AREA REFURBISHMENT (AS CONSTRUCTED)
Class: MISCELLANEOUS COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE
Work: ALTERATIONS
Lodged: 10/01/2017

Application Number: BLD201700043
Description: COVERED GRAND STAND 'AS CONSTRUCTED'
Class: MISCELLANEOUS COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE
Lodged: 09/01/2017

So a few points:

remember that the entire property - WNW, AOS, PC, MW, VRS, and everything in between is ONE LOT - this means the applications could be for anything on property.

As far as the carpark entry building - it could be an indication of paid parking, or it could be that they are erecting a new 'gatehouse' at a new location to replace the 'gatehouse' they will lose with the installation of the hyper... or it could be something completely different.

The covered seating area refurbishment - I wracked my brain trying to think of areas that would fit this description - and this makes me think it isn't in movie world as really - you have the gotham cafe courtyard which is (partially) covered, or you have HWSD arena or ShowStage. None of them really fit the bill for me as they've said 'seating area' as opposed to 'grand stand' or 'upwards seating pit' - so to me it says flat area - this suggests to me that it's probably a barbecue area in WnW - such as the one just around the corner from Calypso.

As for covered grand stand - this says construct, not alterations and 'refurbishment' - so this points to a new grandstand altogether. Its a curious one as it would be for people to sit and watch something - i doubt HWSD is getting any work of that nature - which makes me think it may be a semi permanent construction for the comm games - as nothing else really makes sense - but i'm open to other suggestions...

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

Application Number: BLD201701082
Description: SOUTH CARPARK ENTRY CHECKPOINT BUILDING
Class: OFFICE BUILDING
Lodged: 02/02/2017

So a few points:

remember that the entire property - WNW, AOS, PC, MW, VRS, and everything in between is ONE LOT - this means the applications could be for anything on property.

As far as the carpark entry building - it could be an indication of paid parking, or it could be that they are erecting a new 'gatehouse' at a new location to replace the 'gatehouse' they will lose with the installation of the hyper... or it could be something completely different...

The current Studio Gate House would be my guess as one of Top Golfs car parks is after the gatehouse.

Suggest the gatehouse will be moved to just after the car park

Capture.JPG

11 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

@Brad2912 are you please able to provide the link as I cant find them. Thanks

Didn't post the links or details as there is no documents available. 

@AlexB pretty certain the checkpoint building will be the new gatehouse with the existing having to move due to Top Golf.

and now I think about it, covered seating area (could also be the grandstand I guess) would be at PC. I was there on Monday and they have a new small stand in front of where they do the sheepdog show

• rappa locked this topic