The Off Topic Topic

19 hours ago, themagician said:

MW have stuck this down the middle of Main Street for whatever reason. I assume its for people to take photos in front of, but just don't see the point of it really.

IMG_7001.thumb.jpg.83ad250b4407dad7a27b34ad7dcfb106.jpg

It's a little small don't you think? If people want photos in-front of a cool backdrop, just head to the Wild West.

Driving out of the Movie World carpark today, I spotted the Hot Wheels Stunt team Mack truck parked down the back of the overflow area (near the M1).

20170310_164822.thumb.jpg.0fb33ce93b2ce980749f887a86135e8e.jpg

20170310_164044.thumb.jpg.b1f28a8e7aae8019013aad70f198e2f0.jpg

There were a couple of guys running around and I swear they appeared to be setting up props for something? Although I didn't get much time to work out what, possibly could have just been a figment of my imagination lol. 

Either way I thought it was interesting, especially being on Movie World's territory as I thought that Dreamworld held the licensing contract for the Hot Wheels brand ?

Anyway, thought it was interesting enough to be worth a mention!

Edited by Theme Park Girl

14 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Driving out of the Movie World carpark today, I spotted the Hot Wheels Stunt team Mack truck parked down the back of the overflow area (near the M1).

20170310_164822.thumb.jpg.0fb33ce93b2ce980749f887a86135e8e.jpg

20170310_164044.thumb.jpg.b1f28a8e7aae8019013aad70f198e2f0.jpg

There were a couple of guys running around and I swear they appeared to be setting up props for something? Although I didn't get much time to work out what, possibly could have just been a figment of my imagination lol. 

Either way I thought it was interesting, especially being on Movie World's territory as I thought that Dreamworld held the licensing contract for the Hot Wheels brand ?

Anyway, thought it was interesting enough to be worth a mention!

I thought Movie World held the licensing for Warner Brothers branding, yet Dreamworld are using an iconic Warner Brothers song in their new TV ad. Maybe this is Movie World getting their retribution!

The Company that owns the Hot wheels shunt team often help out with the Stunt driver show also. As in the drivers and move cars for them when required.

Hard to read too much into this myself personally. I know of the person who own the Hot wheels stunt team and I know nothings super special has been announced on their FB page.

Always willing to be corrected tho I am.

44 minutes ago, Luke said:

Adventure Park (in Geelong, Victoria) is installing a Proslide Tornado this year. It will be open in November, in time for the beginning of the 2017/18 summer season.

http://www.adventurepark.com.au/

adpg.jpg

Thanks for the info mate!!

These little parks in Victoria are expanding quite rapidly and look like a lot of fun!! Time to plan a visit! 

Not all of those are Tornado 60's. But nethertheless, yeah Proslide's tornado is an extremely popular waterslide model all over the world.

Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast's Tornado is a 45, as seen on proslide's website. I think Jamberoo's Perfect Storm is a 45 as well, but just enclosed. And by looking at the concept art for this new one at Adventure Park, it looks to be a 45 as well.

Edited by Luke

@Luke according to the Parkz data base Wet N Wild Gold Coast's tornado is a 60 and the same with all the online information I found. However you are right in that pro-slides has it listed as a 45. Below are pictures of tornado's 45& 60 and it looks like Wet N Wild is defiantly a 60 and that there is an error.

The Perfect storm main tornado is a 60 and the 2 other ones are 24s. I don't think there are any tornado's 45 in Australia. We will have to wait and see with what size Adventure Park gets.

Image result for the perfect storm jamberoo action park

This is a 60

Image result for Tornado 60 proslides

and this is a 45

tornado-45-capped-dark-wet-n-wild-orland

and this is Wet N Wild GC's Tornado

Image result for Wet N wild GC tornado

Free BBQ this weekend in the Movieworld carpark. Sounds like it will be a hoot..

*Edit* for clarity, the below is quoted text, not my own opinion (of which I have none on this matter as it doesn't effect me)

The AWU will be holding a mass rally and BBQ out the front of Movie World on Saturday 18 March to protest Village Roadshow Theme Parks (VRTP) gross underpayment of its workers.

The Gold Coast's 2nd largest employer VRTP made profits in excess of 88 million during the 2015/2016 FY whilst knowingly offering their employees a dreadful workplace agreement that the AWU told them would not get approved. Adult wages as low as $18.55 with NO weekend penalty rates, disgraceful !

We say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!  Will you join us and support underpaid, undervalued and disrespected theme park workers.

IMG_4087.JPG

Edited by Brad2912

I don't think we need that kind of crap propaganda being posted on here thanks. Parkz is not a political bandwagon. 

Also as enthusiasts people here obviously are aware that the claims of all this massive profit are inaccurate given our recent discussions of half yearly financial results. 

@djrappa, I don't see why it can't be discussed on here. It is certainly something that is going on at the parks and will affect park goers.

Just like the animal protests this can be discussed without supporting it or turning into a political debate.

Personally, I think this is poor timing on behalf of the union and is akin to kicking someone while they are down.

I am curious though as to whether this has the support of the majority of the staff as it does seem unlikely that the union would be going to this trouble without rumblings of dissent from VRTP workers.

Not posted as propaganda or political in nature @djrappa

was posted to a GC community FB page this morning, and as relative to our parks, I posted it. Was not a rally cry for protestors, and surely my firmly tongue in cheek statements about free bbqs and it being a hoot were clear evidence of that. 

Surprised it's only being addressed as an issue now. VRTP have never paid penalty rates for weekends (at least they didn't 15 years ago when I first worked for them, and they still didn't last year when I was there, either) and it's always been minimum wage. I've never worked at Dreamworld, but I've heard it's the same there as well. 

Tbh it never really personally phased me, as I've worked for worse companies for the same rate. Peeps do have the right to turn around and say no if they don't agree to the wage rate being offered. 

But yeah, just surprised that the union is only just kicking up a stink about it now, when it's been basically the same situation for so long. 

Kind of reminds me of the whole prayer room debacle lol. 

Edited by Theme Park Girl

31 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Not posted as propaganda or political in nature @djrappa

was posted to a GC community FB page this morning, and as relative to our parks, I posted it. Was not a rally cry for protestors, and surely my firmly tongue in cheek statements about free bbqs and it being a hoot were clear evidence of that. 

I totally misread your post. Didn't realise the 2nd half was a quote. Your first sentence about it being a hoot totally makes sense now. I am also now hungry.

• rappa locked this topic