The Off Topic Topic

13 hours ago, Glubbo said:

What ride constructions elsewhere in the world is everyone keeping tabs on?

Not so much keeping Tabs on but saw this recently. The park showing 2 bids from Vekoma and Intamin and getting fans / guests to "choose" (not sure if its actually choosing or saying which they would prefer).

http://www.coaster101.com/2016/10/02/choose-energylandias-2018-mega-coaster-vekoma-intamin/

I find it funny how open parks are overseas about new attractions / future plans. I would love to see Dreamworld take this sort of approach with their next coaster. 

Getting feedback from the people who will pay to ride it seems reasonable.

I just watched both:

The first half of both looked pretty similar.

For the second half I think the Vekoma looked more interesting however it seemed significantly shorter than the Intamin.

Overall I'd vote Intamin, based on a single watch.

2 hours ago, Naazon said:

Not so much keeping Tabs on but saw this recently. The park showing 2 bids from Vekoma and Intamin and getting fans / guests to "choose" (not sure if its actually choosing or saying which they would prefer).

http://www.coaster101.com/2016/10/02/choose-energylandias-2018-mega-coaster-vekoma-intamin/

I find it funny how open parks are overseas about new attractions / future plans. I would love to see Dreamworld take this sort of approach with their next coaster. 

Old news my friend, Intamin was chosen and they released a more refined concept months ago. I'm surprised you haven't heard about it, it's definitely going to be one of the biggest rides of 2018 (which is already looking like it will be a massive year for amusement parks) and rival some of the best coasters in the world.

2 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Old news my friend, Intamin was chosen and they released a more refined concept months ago. I'm surprised you haven't heard about it, it's definitely going to be one of the biggest rides of 2018 (which is already looking like it will be a massive year for amusement parks) and rival some of the best coasters in the world.

Surely its not going to rival the "world class" example coming to Movieworld?? :P

10 hours ago, Gazza said:

Verbolten?

Another good family coaster (pretty obvious to see what Busch Gardens does best), although from what I've heard from others parts of the indoor section are very intense, and I'm not sure if the two launches would appeal to families as much as a traditional chain hill. That said - you'd have to think Verbolten handles the balance between family and thrill much better because of this.

SPECIAL OFFER - BRING A FRIEND FOR 50% OFF - Valid until 30th April 2017

Celebrate these holidays at Dreamworld and bring your family and friends for 50% off! Present valid pass or membership at Dreamworld or SkyPoint to redeem. Valid until 30th April 2017. Offer valid on 1, 3 and 7 day tickets. Not valid with any other offer. Cannot be purchased online. Excudes Family Pass.

SPECIAL OFFER - 25% OFF AT “GAME OVER” FOR PASSHOLDERS
Game Over is offering Dreamworld passholders an exclusive offer. Simply present your pass at “Game Over” and receive 25% off. (Offer valid upon presentation of a valid pass upon purchase. Not valid with any other offer. Not transferrable). Game over is located at 88-108 Siganto Drive Helensvale QLD 

Just noticed the following special offers for DW passholders/members.

On 21/03/2017 at 6:32 PM, Santa07 said:

If any of our parks are looking for a good family coaster, they should definitely give GCI a call because this looks like a fantastic family ride. As a thrill ride, it's obviously not going to amaze anyone, but I don't know if you can get much better for a family coaster.

Sounds like it's towing a couple of tin cans on a string behind it.

7 hours ago, Aimsley81 said:

I visited Movieworld today and they have 2 trains running on Superman. Brilliant idea now that school holidays are upon us. I went on 6 times in a row and the ride was practically a walk-on each time. 

They were running two last Saturday, although for a while the second one was going around empty.  Once both were going it was pretty much walk on. 

Also Scooby stopped for a while when I was ta the top, about half way through those horrible hard turns.  Mustn't have been anything major as we were going again, very slowly as we'd lost all momentum, after a few minutes.

34 minutes ago, mission said:

Also Scooby stopped for a while when I was ta the top, about half way through those horrible hard turns.  Mustn't have been anything major as we were going again, very slowly as we'd lost all momentum, after a few minutes.

I had a similar experience on Scooby yesterday too - but towards the end of the ride. I just figured there was a delay at the loading/unloading platform. 

And at Dreamworld they had to call maintenance to unlock the harnesses to get us off The Claw and for Pandamonium as the last carriage wouldn't lock into place.  No big deal. 

On 31/03/2017 at 10:55 PM, Jordan M. said:

Just noticed the following special offers for DW passholders/members.

Also found out that you can get the 1 day entry ticket for half price... and then upgrade to a season pass (till December) for an extra $4...

Got my friend a season pass for $45. Was very surprised that they actually told me and encouraged me to do it. Very good deal! 

• rappa locked this topic