The Off Topic Topic

4 hours ago, joz said:

Dreamworld haven't added a new ride for a year but honestly I've enjoyed myself more at Dreamworld in the past 18months than I have at any Australian park for many years.  It's so nice to walk into a theme park and actually feel like the staff want you there.  I'll be renewing and I would hope that members on this site would do the same.

My sentiments exactly! I feel quite fortunate in having the platinum membership with Dreamworld. I feel like a 'rock star' every time I visit due to the discounts I receive. Plus I have found all the staff really engaging with the guests - myself included. And I really do love the 'see you next time!' and huge smiles from the Lego store staff when I'm leaving. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy visiting MW as well, I just prefer the vibe at DW. And the music. 

5 hours ago, joz said:

Dreamworld haven't added a new ride for a year but honestly I've enjoyed myself more at Dreamworld in the past 18months than I have at any Australian park for many years.  It's so nice to walk into a theme park and actually feel like the staff want you there.  I'll be renewing and I would hope that members on this site would do the same.

Completely agree Joz, the only reason why I won't be renewing is because MW are building an incredible coaster down the road and being a student I don't exactly have a lot of money to spend on annual passes to both parks. I've never come into a bad staff member at the park, in fact, since the accident I think I have come across multiple staff members that just want to talk to you and see how your day is going every single visit. MW on the other hand I have met friendly staff (almost all of which I met on the Star Tour, so it only half-counts), but I've also had my share of rude staff or staff that make it pretty obvious they don't want to be there over the years. Never at DW do I remember coming across a rude or unexcited staff member.

FWIW the times I've visited DW after the incident none of the staff seemed as overly friendly as what everyone else has been describing. (That is to say they've been customer service friendly but it hasn't felt like it was above and beyond). 

I've been to MW and PC more recently and remember them being as friendly as you'd expect anyone who works in customer service to be. 

Didn't bother me in the slightest though. 

Not saying this is bad for either/any park, I've worked in customer facing roles for 12+ years, and I know it's not possible to be friendly 100% of the time without some serious drugs. 

Edited by Reanimated35

Yeah credit where it's due, I've had some great staff interactions in recent times at DW, and on two occasions have been impressed to the point of messaging them on FB to commend the staff member, and I haven't done that ever after a visit to a VTP park. 

I guess my comment about having something extra to offer at DW was more In relation to those people who don't have both sets of annual passes at the same time. I have had both for the past 5 or so years, but know financially come July I won't have the upfront costs for 3 new DW passes. I wouldn't have back in December either so I am benefiting and thankful for my extra 6 months of access! I'm certainly not lost to DW, I love the park, and it's my most visited park given it offers the most for my son, but with the hyper coming, and the novelty value of the Cubs which my son will like, it's a no brainer for me on whether I continue with my VTP membership or renew with DW. I believe a lot of people who are making or will soon be making the decision on which pass the purchase for their family, will be making a similar decision, and I see that as an opportunity for DW to try and work on 

Not all pass holders go very month. Some may have last been in January before track arrived and some GP might see footers and have no clue that it's for a MASSSIVE coaster. This is why the emails that VRTP send to pass holders should say information about this Hyper to really help get people to stay with VRTP pass.

As I've stated before, the family man in me loves DW - the attractions, staff and layout make it it more family friendly to me whilst the thrill seeker in me selects MW. If DW could just add a family/thrill ride, we could have the best of both worlds in one park. I loved TRR but understand that it couldn't remain open - but that ride or something along those lines is what DW needs - an exciting ride that the whole family can enjoy. Not necessarily heart pumping, but enough to give you a "fizzy feeling" (ala James May) and not make you apprehensive about riding it.

Was just reading this article about the settlement following the Verruckt waterslide incident, stumbled across this at the bottom.... 

http://honey.nine.com.au/2017/05/05/07/54/boy-killed-on-waterslide-settlement/?ocid=9honeyfb

20170505_160005.thumb.png.a60e56d6123393507f384e19808e34f9.png

And that has what to do with the price of eggs in China? 😒😝 Any bloody opportunity they get, hey.... 

"A ride at Drayton Manor theme park has been closed after an 11-year-old girl was injured in a major incident. 

The park said the Splash Canyon rapids ride was shut on Tuesday after she fell into the water.

Staffordshire Police said the girl, believed to be from the Leicester area, was airlifted to Birmingham Children's Hospital. 

West Midlands Ambulance Service said it was called to the park shortly before 14:20 BST. 

The Health and Safety Executive has been informed of the incident."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39862996

To extend to the above post:

They can but they won't because they shouldn't and they don't need to.

A new ride could easily fit in the gold rush area, or the blue lagoon. HWSW only got refurbished a short time ago, so I'd estimate DW are planning to keep it around for a good chunk of time. It's not a terrible coaster, really. MDMC is far worse.

15 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

To extend to the above post:

They can but they won't because they shouldn't and they don't need to.

A new ride could easily fit in the gold rush area, or the blue lagoon. HWSW only got refurbished a short time ago, so I'd estimate DW are planning to keep it around for a good chunk of time. It's not a terrible coaster, really. MDMC is far worse.

Well last time I went on Hotwheels I got a huge migraine and my back cracked and I couldn't walk so I prefer MDMC.

Edited by Rollercoaster_Lover
Spelling

1 minute ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Well last time I went on Hotwheels I got a huge migraine and my back cracked and I couldn't walk so I prefer MDM.

Yeah no, stop exaggerating things dude. Maybe you got a little headache, and if you really couldn't walk, then how did you get off the ride? It's really not too rough a coaster, if you think HWSW is rough you need to ride some rougher coasters - start with some really old woodies. Sure, there's a few strange transitions, but if you sit properly and hold on tight there's no way it'll "crack" your back. Even a headache would probably only start appearing if you re-rode it two or three times.

4 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Well last time I went on Hotwheels I got a huge migraine and my back cracked and I couldn't walk so I prefer MDMC

Ride Scenic Railway at Luna Park Melbourne then complain about Hot Wheels. I am sure @Noxegon and others will back me up in saying Hot Wheels is smooth in comparison.

• rappa locked this topic