The Off Topic Topic

1 hour ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

Just going to give people the heads up if anyone is planning to visit Dreamworld today

The park is currently experiencing a power outage with Buzzsaw, Giant Drop and Motorcoaster, these rides are apparently not going to reopen for the rest of the day  

Dreamworks, ABC Kids and Hot Wheels are not affected by this outage as I'm fully aware 

UPDATE:

Patk has lost all power and guests are not being let into the park until a generator arrives on site 

From FB: Dreamworld will be operating from 12pm to 6pm today. WhiteWater World will be open from 11am and entertainment and shows are currently underway in the front of the park. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

8 minutes ago, themagician said:

From FB: Dreamworld will be operating from 12pm to 6pm today. WhiteWater World will be open from 11am and entertainment and shows are currently underway in the front of the park. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Park has just reopened IMG_1911.thumb.JPG.3c67d15e4354da1f8592064111494724.JPG

following rides that are operating:

All rides in Dreamworks besides Pandamonium and Escape From Madagascar 

ABC Kids World

Tail Spin

Hot Wheels 

Shockwave

All other rides are due to go back online at 12pm

Edited by Adventures With JWorld

Thing is the park has gone from maybe 20 cars in the carpark over the recent school holidays to having a good couple of hundred today and when I drove past a queue halfway down Mammoth (only one side but still).  We've had nice days over the holidays but this is the first time I've seen the place looking properly busy, and having it happen so close after passes have expired is odd too.  Strange to me, but good to see in any case.

NSW, VIC, ACT and WA didn't finish term 2 until 30th of June. For them, this is day 4 of the school holidays. take into account travel, colder days in the few days prior, the fact that there are other parks that they could have visited on their passes, and it kinda makes sense. QLD school kids likely wouldn't do WNW during the winter holidays, since their passes will let them visit once it warms up - but for interstaters who might only visit once a year - why not take advantage of the fact that the park is included in your multi-park ticket?

New slate of attractions announced today by Disney..

Disney World: Mickey Mouse, ‘Toy Story,’ ‘Guardians,’ and More Score Attractions

The D23 Expo wasn’t just about Disney’s slate of animated and live-action adventures this year, because we got some real world updates from the House of Mouse as well. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts has confirmed that Mickey Mouse’s very own ride will soon be coming to Disney World in Orlando, Fla.

Following the onstage presentations of “Wreck-It Ralph 2,” “A Wrinkle in Time,” “Aladdin,” and many others this weekend, Disney Parks chairman Bob Chapek took to the stage to confirm the “first ever ride-through attraction built entirely around Mickey Mouse” on Saturday.

Apparently, the ride will be similar to the “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “It’s a Small World” attractions in that it’s a tour — à la Steamboat Willie — only Mickey’s ride will be in “2.5-D” (No 3-D glasses required). Instead of Mickey operating a boat, Goofy will actually be the one steering a train in this modern reimagining of classic Disney cartoon shorts.

Chapek also shared that there will be more hidden Mickeys on this new Mickey Mouse tour than any attraction before it.

Other updates included a new “Ratatouille” ride set for construction next to the Eiffel Tower in Epcot, naturally, as well as another “Guardians of the Galaxy” attraction in the same park. Magic Kingdom will welcome a “Tron” ride immediately next door to Space Mountain, with hopes of opening in time for Disney World’s 50th anniversary — Oct. 1, 2021.

Toy Story Land has also been announced for summer 2018, which will coincide with Paradise Pier being rebranded as Pixar Pier. A new theater and space-themed restaurant are also in the works for the Florida park.

Across the country, “Spider-Man” and “Avengers” will be getting new rides at California Adventure, with the hopes of eventually expanding to an entire superhero universe in real life.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/disney-world-mickey-mouse-guardians-ratatouille-tron-rides-1202496802/

It seems weird to me that they'd be focusing on rejuvenating Paradise Pier/Pixar Pier already, considering it got so much attention during the original DCA makeover. I would've much rather seen them focus on Hollywoodland or a Bug's Land.

That said, Tron Light Cycles, Guardians of the Universe of Energy, Mission: Space: The Ride: The Restaurant, and the Great Mickey Ride all seem like great additions. I'm really excited to see how this 2.5D effect works. 

• rappa locked this topic