The Off Topic Topic

5 hours ago, jjuttp said:

So next week i'm continuing my Theme Park tradition of butchering and buy the onride photos with ridiculous poses and shit. So i'm wondering where the onride part is on the following rides (cant find it in pov's):

Storm
Jet Rescue
Superman
Arkham
JL
Cyclone
DC
Road Runner
Madagascar

I know Scooby is on a drop, MDMC is after the launch and on a bend, Wiggles is blatantly obvious and i think GL was just after the half loop?

I think that's everything that runs a photo op seeing as WWF appears to be closed till December now (i had the most amount of photos planned for that one.).

Ok so GL is on the final turnaround after the heartline roll.

supermans is before you hit the brakes.

arkhams is after the third inversion.

JL is in the final room.

Cyclone (HWSW) is before the vertical loop.

DC is after the first drop.

Roadrunner (i think) is on the last turnaround.

Madagascar is on the second last turn.

i don't know about storm and jet rescue tho.

7 hours ago, jjuttp said:

So next week i'm continuing my Theme Park tradition of butchering and buy the onride photos with ridiculous poses and shit. So i'm wondering where the onride part is on the following rides (cant find it in pov's):

Storm
Jet Rescue
Superman
Arkham
JL
Cyclone
DC
Road Runner
Madagascar

I know Scooby is on a drop, MDMC is after the launch and on a bend, Wiggles is blatantly obvious and i think GL was just after the half loop?

I think that's everything that runs a photo op seeing as WWF appears to be closed till December now (i had the most amount of photos planned for that one.).

Storm has 2, when you leave the station and plop into the water and just before the final splash down going back into the building.

I think Jet Rescue is after the 2nd boost?

Going to Gold Coast on next week.

Can someone please let me know about how busy the parks have been lately? Went to Dreamworld in June and it was deserted, no waiting, just what I wanted.

Now I am thinking about Movie World and Wet N Wild with a 7 day pass. Have these parks been busy lately? How long roughly would the wait be for Superman or Arkham? Obviously DC Rivals will be a long wait, so I won't expect much there. I am aiming for a maximum of 15 minute wait on each ride. If I go on a weekday could Movie world achieve this?

And has dreamworld still been deserted lately?

Thanks in advance.

It's the school holiday period, so it was busy last week when we did movieworld and wet n wild.

15 mins wait maximum? I think you're expecting too much. It should be quieter next week as the school holidays finish, but if you are heading to the parks expecting 15 minute waits, don't get angry when reality sets in and you have to wait longer on some rides.

A few things i've noticed after spending the last 3 or so days at MW and SW. 

-When was the Seal taken from the 2nd launch of JR?

-4pm-5pm is the best time for MW. Yesterday we did Scooby, Superman, Rivals and GL in this time with a bit of waiting. and on Friday, at 430 or so Rivals was a walk on.

-2/2 GL audio

-Was Scooby's station always flickering Lights? Last time i rode it they were on and dimmed and it seemed a bit nicer that way.

-As much as i love Scooby Doo and behind the scenes of films, that BTS video gets old quickly.

-Much of the groundwork for SW's play area has been done for the water area. They just need to concrete where the dips are and i think the volcanoes are already bolted in.

-The photobooth needs to not be blocked off from like 430 for the FN people. Or at least allow the exit shop people to trace back your photos if this is going to be the case.

-Battle boats targets are hit and miss when it comes to activating

-Headed down to the DW carpark just to show my new-to-the-GC friends what that parks like, and at about 2/230 the carpark was half full.

-Arkhams NFC Reset is a fantastic idea

-First time riding Arkham, and now i see why people say its rough as shit.

-JL needs to fix its 3D convergence and reset times. When Starro gets confronted by everyone, as you turn the corner to leave that scene, if you watch the screen as you pass you notice the 3d doesn't follow you very well like Spiderman and Transformers and the likes and the video resets while you can still see it without turning around.

-They also need to fix the registering of the targets. I hit heaps but either i got no feedback or they didnt go lights out. Even the dog went to normal when nobody shot him.

-There were no door portals and the Smokescreen was very dim.

-The wonders you can do theming wise with a simple roof. with the Scooby queue and a degree of Storm being the only exceptions. Ie, look above cyborg or above the MRT. Breaks immersion.

-When did Storms splash section turn into a constant waterfall instead of a bucket drop?

-tThere are some COTD animatronics with the sensors that aren't working too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjuttp said:

-Was Scooby's station always flickering Lights? Last time i rode it they were on and dimmed and it seemed a bit nicer that way.

Yes. Its similarly controlled to the thunderstorm in the hallway. not constantly flickering, but it cycles between dim, flickering, sudden brightness ("power surge") type stuff.

When I went on JL yesterday, it was running near perfectly, with effects working that I hadn’t seen before, as well as some being prepared. The boom gate has returned, and there was lighting, smoke and sound effects I hadnt seen before. It was really one of the best runs on the ride I’ve ever had 

• Like 2

How much seems to work properly in justice league seems to matter how long you stop for. Ive ridden it before and stopped under the space ship for maybe 15-20 seconds and the guns stopped working before we got to that starro screen. If you get a smooth ride, things seem to be better. What would make it even better is if the whole ride had air con, not just the queue. They could keep the ride and never update it if it meant 20-30 mins of sweet, sweet air con on a 35 degree day.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

How does one quantify “lots of people vomiting”. 

In all my years, I’m yet to actually see someone physically vomit mid-ride or effect operations - so I’d consider 2 people to be ‘lots’. 

On the past weekend I have seen 2 people vomit on Goliath and each time they closed the ride to wash it and then they did one cycle to air it out.

• rappa locked this topic