The Off Topic Topic

White Cyclone at Nagashima caused some poor Japanese kid to projectile vomit all over the exit queue. 

I've never thrown up in a park, but flying coasters want to make me commit seppuku from how sick they make me. The forces on my big ass belly were not comfortable at all. @MrLukeCarroll 0/10

2 minutes ago, CaptainLazerGuns said:

Oh my lord it's been so long since I've been to Rainbows End. Probably like 10 years.

How is the modern version of the park?

Well. Their Gyro swing is awesome, brings in so many people to their park. Nothing is down for maintenance very often, around 1 week maximum per ride per year. It's looking far more cleaner, the corkscrew recently got a paint job to get rid of all of that rust, but it's still as bumpy as it used to be. You should visit the park sometime, it's much better than it was 10 years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themeparkaddict said:

image.png.236047e7c5ffa52461550bf7b8cb6fd3.png

I always find it so sad when the Corkscrew at Rainbows End is simply referred to as "The Roller Coaster"

They should call the coaster Rainbow Rider after the cool rainbow on one of loops or they could call it simply Rainbows End after the park. Anyone else got any ideas for a new name because I agree that naming it The Roller Coaster just doesnt cut it.

2 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

image.png.236047e7c5ffa52461550bf7b8cb6fd3.png

I always find it so sad when the Corkscrew at Rainbows End is simply referred to as "The Roller Coaster"

That is because a lot of general park visitors don't really think of the Gold Rush as a roller coaster. So when RE refers to a roller coaster everyone knows they are talking about the Corskcrew Coaster. They really need to rename it. At least the DC Rivals Hypercoaster has a themed name rather than just calling it the Hypercoaster.

40 minutes ago, AlexB said:

That’s fucked. Several of their rides NEED more than a week.

Yeah well I keep track of their maintenence all the time and basically the corkscrew is closing for just 4 days, the first closure since 2015 when the rainbow was painted on the track.

By the way, if you look at Rainbows End park map and park signage you will also notice most of the signs just call it “roller coaster” with only some references to the name Corkscrew on their website. So yeah definitely needs to be renamed rainbow rider as suggested.

38 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Yeah well I keep track of their maintenence all the time and basically the corkscrew is closing for just 4 days, the first closure since 2015 when the rainbow was painted on the track.

Not true. It was closed when I was there in March. They were doing a load of what looked like water blasting. Giving it a general clean.

I was there in march and the corkscrew was not closed. What day were you there?

Log ride did close this year.

The only rides closed this year were Stratosfear, Invador some kids rides, and Motion Master and Log ride and Corkscrew as of now.

withdraw some of my previous statements of 1 week. Corkscrew has been roughly 20 days since 2015.

Edited by themeparkaddict

You have to love the way back machine.

April 6th this year, their website stated:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170406042448/http://rainbowsend.co.nz/rides

The Corkscrew Roller Coaster will be closed due to scheduled maintenance 3-7 April

So coupled with the current closure 16-20 October, thats already 10 days.

So i'm calling bullshit on:

• 21 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

Nothing is down for maintenance very often, around 1 week maximum per ride per year.

17 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

Yeah well I keep track of their maintenence all the time and basically the corkscrew is closing for just 4 days, the first closure since 2015

I honestly couldn't be fucked checking any other dates for maintenance, but it seems like perhaps they do smaller, more regular maintenance periods, rather than a single, large maintenance period. Sometimes the larger ones are needed, to completely pull apart particular components, and TBH i'd prefer a ride have one major maintenance period a year rather than several minor ones, as then you have confidence the ride is unlikely to be down again, if you're planning a trip around it, unless it is for unforeseen reasons.

12 minutes ago, AlexB said:

fucked

Why is Parkz so accepting of people who use offensive language on these forums. Not only is it an unprofessional look for the website (it is Australia's most reputable website for discussing theme parks after all) but it is also offensive to some individuals. On top of that, children probably use this site too. Sometimes you just need to think about what you plan to say before you say it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

Well. Their Gyro swing is awesome, brings in so many people to their park. Nothing is down for maintenance very often, around 1 week maximum per ride per year. It's looking far more cleaner, the corkscrew recently got a paint job to get rid of all of that rust, but it's still as bumpy as it used to be. You should visit the park sometime, it's much better than it was 10 years ago.

I had the option to go to a site like 10 minutes away from Rainbow's End for work but had to decline it at the last minute. Work sends us near there all time so I'll try and take a sneaky day on the weekend to visit the park!

Do they still have the mine ride with the guy repeating the same line every 2.6 seconds in the queue?

• rappa locked this topic