The Off Topic Topic

3 hours ago, Minions! said:

Seal Guardians sounds REALLY Good!!!!

"Join Professor Swells and his whacky team of Seal Guardians as they band together and enlist the help of the children to save Sea Lab One."

https://themeparks.com.au/new-attractions.aspx

This show description sounds like they couldnt secure the rights to the octonauts and just said screw it and made an octonauts rip off with seals.

Edited by Theme Park

Ok.. so can someone fill me in on what I have missed.. why is MW ridiculously busy today?? Came down with my son for a quiet Monday in the park... nope. Had to park on the last row of the car park and can’t move in the park... it isn’t school holidays, it’s not a pupil free day, it’s not a public holiday, yet the kids area has queues spilling out onto walkways 

11 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Ok.. so can someone fill me in on what I have missed.. why is MW ridiculously busy today?? Came down with my son for a quiet Monday in the park... nope. Had to park on the last row of the car park and can’t move in the park... it isn’t school holidays, it’s not a pupil free day, it’s not a public holiday, yet the kids area has queues spilling out onto walkways 

Thats what it was like for me when I was there on a Wednesday a couple of weeks ago. It is silly really. People everywhere, although you want to know where you REALLY cannot move? The designated smoking area. It is always the most crammed.

20 minutes ago, themagician said:

To be fair, they only have 5 rides closed: BS, Wipeout, TailSpin, log ride and Merry go round. And when it isn’t peak season, that’s pretty standard for the park. If it was still like this in Summer, then I’d have my concerns, but right now, no.

Can't agree more with this. And because many are now posting their ten cents worth, I will also do so.

People are complaining about the quantity of rides being closed most likely because these are some of the most popular rides in the park and are their favorites. Although I have no statistical facts about what rides are the most popular, I know that a lot of small kids love the merry go round and many adults (especially the ones in my family) love wipeout and buzzsaw more than other rides. It also doesn't help that most of these closed rides are big thrill rides either (because then people start using the whole "1/3 of rides closed!!!" thing. 

Let's not forget that, as @themagician has said already, this is standard for any theme park and is not necessarily due to the accident at the park (although Log Ride is a different story). In June Movie World had Batwing, Superman, Green Lantern and Wild West Falls closed for quite a while which was shockingly bad. Remember that?

Although we have our opinions on the state of the park, the state of the older attractions I will agree is quite poor. I however don't agree that we should exaggerate the situation that Dreamworld is in and how many rides are actually closed. Although they are taking a wee bit long to fix some of the closed rides, lets not forget that Dreamworld is still a completely enjoyable theme park with over 40 rides and attractions.

• Like 1

I think I may have suggested this before, but more communications would be key here. The whole "ohhhh theme park secrets and what's coming soon, ooh ahhh stay tuned ohhhh" was abandoned by most theme parks including Disneyland decades ago. So instead of both the board and the park going "we've got plans and it's all very hush hush",  I think given the current state of the park, being super transparent and just being open about safety, current facets of the park and the future in an ongoing conversation with the public is where they should be at.

• Like 5

This morning at Movie World I noticed Dirty Harrys bar is closed for renovation. 

There is a temporary bar outside it, and big signs on all the windows saying they are "making a few changes".

I could see a couple of guys inside painting the wall inside one of the entry doors. Not sure what else they've got planned. 

May well be just a refresh, and nothing wrong with that, although the wording of the signs infers something will be different when they finish. 

Edited by pushbutton

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone has seen this Youtube Channel but its called Defunctland and it has some excellent videos on past attractions at Disney, Universal and Cedar Point. They are not overly long but are jam packed with great history and info. Thought you guys would be appreciative of the viewing.

The below one is excellent and is on that infamous water park Action Park.

Check it out:

Also the videos about Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction is recommended- I have always been interested in this ride and these videos do a fabulous job of explaining the history and the ultimate reasons for its eventual removal.

Happy viewing- Enjoy!!

:)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jobe said:

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone has seen this Youtube Channel but its called Defunctland and it has some excellent videos on past attractions at Disney, Universal and Cedar Point. They are not overly long but are jam packed with great history and info. Thought you guys would be appreciative of the viewing.

The below one is excellent and is on that infamous water park Action Park.

Check it out:

Also the videos about Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction is recommended- I have always been interested in this ride and these videos do a fabulous job of explaining the history and the ultimate reasons for its eventual removal.

Happy viewing- Enjoy!!

:)

Defunctland is definitely a channel i would recommend with my favourite part not being his main history series but rather his podcast series where does interviews.

Also his recommended channels list also features some other good theme park channels such as yesterworld.

• Like 2

• rappa locked this topic