The Off Topic Topic

54 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

image.png.0a26b81a289d36ca258d9901d150ccee.png

This is actually a terrible idea from a marketing standpoint as it means now they will not be able to market the annual pass or tickets as including two theme parks which  means it no longer appeals to the under informed general consumers sense of value for money

Edited by Theme Park
  • Like 2

The fountain does not mean “you cant share your thoughts”. But either way that was a mistake and I am deeply sorry to cause any inconvenience. I will pass on your question to my management team for review. Kind regards Jake from Themeparkaddict.

Edited by themeparkaddict
  • Like 2

No idea why DW doesn’t utilise it’s benefit of not be encumbered by strict evening noise restrictions... 

I’m going along to a private hire event tomorrow night at DW - nearly all rides open at the park until 11:30pm!

why not utilise the late opening in the summer school holidays to drive some business in?? Every Friday/Saturday for instance 

• Like 2

^That was in 1990s dollars.

Given the current price ranges of annual passes, having a late night entry pass for much more than $5 would be hard to argue, but it would be necessary to stay open for the additional hours.

If they could offer street food vans, some atmosphere \ music, and add some skill games (appropriately themed and priced) and i think they'd be on a winner... free for those who spend the day in the park (pay per use consumption for f&b and other special activities) but charge ~$20 for those who enter after 4 (including passholders?) and you'd do alright.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

Rainbows End this morning.

Ever since that Pirate Ship closed, this place has died.

IMG_20170309_104410.jpg

Challenge: Spot the person! Oh wait, there is none! (above)

And YES, this was taken when the park was open. Around 11am.

It is always like this unless it's the holidays. Went at the end of Feb this year and it was a walk on for every single ride. Including the log ride and gold rush. Not one cycle with more than like 6 people for the big rides. I saw the Power Surge run with 2 people on it.

The place gets quiet enough during the school terms that they never have all the rides open at once. They all run on a schedule. Been doing it for years.

Just a small bit of Info for those that have never been.

Edited by JaggedJanine

25 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Just a bit of food for thought. 

You put your stuff in a locker. That's all loose items, including your wallet, to go on Superman.

Let's say the queue is really long and it's just over an hour later when you return to the locker. 

How do you get the  $2 to pay for extra time? 

Stab in the dark: pre-auth on a debit/credit card to hire the locker in the first place?

We'll find out soon.

• rappa locked this topic