The Off Topic Topic

7 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

2 of steel vengeance’s trains colided in the station this morning, i have heard that there is some damage on the back of one of the trains and wont be reopening for a while 

It's already back opened. Two trains 'bumped'. Please done sensationalise

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glubbo said:

At MW. Justice League Was a walk-on, despite it being fairly busy today. It was a let-down, however.

- the laser guns are working only 1/2 the time. 

- no first door effects

- no fog effect at boom gate

- some audio missing or very quiet

- timing out on some scenes (superman with star on face)

Considering that's the only way i've ever ridden it, id say that's pretty normal.

Wow thanks @Levithian some of my dear old MW work Pals are featured in this video. I would love to pass this on to some that probably had all but forgotten about it! The AV Tech featured 'Mark' always just as excitable in real life.. A top bloke.

P.S.  How good does Scooby-Doo look?!? The Loading area and Main Laser room looked (as ol' mate JM used to always say) FANTASTIC!!  .. and to the young Cynic out there, the ride really did look that good.. true story

Went to movieworld yesturday and lets just say it was a very intresting day😂

- staff on DC Rivaks where very slow and started stapeling people

- Scooby got stuck just after the elevator before the backwards drop

-  Arkham was having pretty fast dispatches

-  Wild west was open 10-5 not 11-4

- Doomsday Was having technical difficulties with the floor

- Staff on greenlauntern where so rude and Got angry at a kid because he didnt want to go on

- there was a really bad smell (sewage problem or something) at the wild west backdrop

6 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Went to movieworld yesturday and lets just say it was a very intresting day😂

- staff on DC Rivaks where very slow and started stapeling people

- Scooby got stuck just after the elevator before the backwards drop

-  Arkham was having pretty fast dispatches

-  Wild west was open 10-5 not 11-4

- Doomsday Was having technical difficulties with the floor

- Staff on greenlauntern where so rude and Got angry at a kid because he didnt want to go on

- there was a really bad smell (sewage problem or something) at the wild west backdrop

If you consider that an interesting day, then how do we describe your typical dreamworld day?

- Tower of terror always needs to be closed for a few hours a day for unscheduled maintenance

- Numerous harness problems and e-stops with many rides have to occur throughout the day, mainly BuzzSaw, Tower of Terror, Pandamonium and Wipeout.

- One miserable staff member always operates shockwave, 15 minute dispatches, 5-7 minute unloads.

- Wave pool at whitewater world closes in pouring rain, lifeguards hide in the shelter instead of at their stations!

- Rides don't actually start operating until .... 

You get my point. That experience you had certainly wasn't an interesting day. It was pretty standard.

4 minutes ago, red dragin said:

And clearly no one has any idea at all what you mean. 

As I say to my 6 yr old "use a different word so we might be able to work out what you mean". 

STAPLED is a common word used in the theme park industry to describe a harness being pushed down and locking into place with excessive force on the human body.

STAPLED is a word which should be understood by all theme park enthusiasts in order to be declared legally as a theme park and/or coaster enthusiast.

• Like 2

And as an enthusiast of mechanical devices (trains, rides, cars, bikes, boats) rather than a theme park enthusiast, I don't know of that application of the word. 

As didn't several other forum members who I'd consider to be enthusiasts based on their years of contributing to this forum. 

Rather than attempt to "look cool" by using jargon, perhaps they should work on their spelling and sentence construction.

Being able to articulate yourself correctly is a good way to earn respect anywhere in life, rather than using an obscure term I (and others clearly) have never seen used on these forums. 

Edited by red dragin
  • Like 4

• rappa locked this topic