The Off Topic Topic

On 22/06/2018 at 8:37 PM, JaggedJanine said:

'Maintenance'?

No! It's Maintnace

On 23/06/2018 at 6:33 PM, pin142 said:

Higher up is better, if people are willing to part with their money to have people walk past every so often it's their loss.

People don't walk past - they block the front walkway during the show.

After my Trip to Dreamworld on Monday I don't think i'll be rushing back until management changes. Too many rides down but most importantly I couldn't believe the state TOT2 was in. Issues all morning, saw them testing it throughout the day. Went for a ride on it later in the afternoon when it opened and it was an incredibly rough ride back into the load/unload station, felt similar to a manual car bunnyhopping. After that it overshot the station and they had to back it up and retry 5 times before it parked correctly. They continued operating it after this so I assume it's a known and common problem which isn't a risk.

It might be a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but ride staff said NOTHING to us during or after any of these problems, i was fairly confident it was just a parking issue but other riders were obviously distressed and worried as it clearly wasn't standard procedure.

2 hours ago, diesal11 said:

After my Trip to Dreamworld on Monday I don't think i'll be rushing back until management changes. Too many rides down but most importantly I couldn't believe the state TOT2 was in. Issues all morning, saw them testing it throughout the day. Went for a ride on it later in the afternoon when it opened and it was an incredibly rough ride back into the load/unload station, felt similar to a manual car bunnyhopping. After that it overshot the station and they had to back it up and retry 5 times before it parked correctly. They continued operating it after this so I assume it's a known and common problem which isn't a risk.

It might be a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but ride staff said NOTHING to us during or after any of these problems, i was fairly confident it was just a parking issue but other riders were obviously distressed and worried as it clearly wasn't standard procedure.

The tt2 probably only parks on point 10% of the time. It is very rare for me to have it park the first time and I go almost every weekend. Also the new/re-purposed Lims have made it a rough ride back to the station.

back to the breakdowns it have its probably open a total of 2-3 hours out of the 7 hour day.

Wow that is horrible. I haven’t been to the park in the while, but it definitely needs some love. Even the outside of the little rippers is horrible. And I can’t imagine it would take much effort to clean them

Just watched the rest of their videos of the slides at WWW, and it seems pretty much all of them need a clean, especially the Temple of Huey because it makes the water seem really dirty.

Edited by themagician

DREAMWORLD UPDATE:

Buzzsaw = closed

Tower Of Terror = closed but testing all day

Claw = closed with multiple seats still locked out

Moto Coaster = very slow operation with multiple seats locked out

Wipeout = extremely slow operation with multiple seats locked out

Pandamonium = closed

MOVIEWORLD UPDATE:

Dc Rivals = 2 train operation

Green Lantern = closed with test dummies on board

Justic League = probably 20+ carts on track

Superman = 2 train

Arkham = closed with a big hole in the wall at the load station

Both parks have been extremely busy throughout today probably due to passes finishing today. However it’s quite wrong for the parks to have major attractions closed for school holidays.

• Like 2

School holidays are considered to start from Monday (2/7) which is when most things are scheduled to reopen. 

Mechanical parts also have no concept of date and time, so telling a component it shouldn’t need replacing because it’s school holidays will just fall on deaf gears....

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 2

The Claw - Most Likely will be open according to plan (2nd)

Panda - Will likely be pushed back judging by condition

Tower - Probably will reopen during holidays but not according to plan (2nd)

Arkham - No chance of opening according to plan.

I think for the Buzzsaw, we are probably looking at a reopening date at or around the Christmas period. September school holidays would be nice, but as they have made it clear this is going to be an extended closure, Christmas is probably more realistic.

I'm going to Gold Coast again during the beginning of August, so I am hoping that if one of the 3 DW thrill rides that currently have reopening dates are pushed back then they will delay planned maintenance for either Sidewinder or TOT, as these are essentials when visiting Dreamworld.

Does anyone know why they would start putting so many seats out of service? And why does this always seem to happen after planned maintenance? (Tailspin was fine before sep '17 maintenance, then had 4 seats out of action after).

• Like 1

• rappa locked this topic