The Off Topic Topic

I'm confused.

A MAN has been treated for minor injuries following a workplace accident at a construction site on Foxwell Rd, Coomera.

Around 2.34pm, emergency service personnel received reports of a crane that had tipped over.

Queensland Fire, Ambulance and Police are on scene.

QFES officers have investigated how to turn the vehicle off, with suggestions it may have been leaking diesel.

Workplace Health and Safety officers are reportedly en route.

All good, now for the confusing part.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.thumb.JPG.4eb1705de1f68236990f7a9c772659d3.JPG

Britt Ramsey, Gold Coast Bulletin

*warning* Here comes an “out there” suggestion....

VTP clearly want as many people in the TG precinct of an evening as possible.. 

what about making DCR open from 5:30-9 on fri/sat nights? 

A bridge direct links TG to MW basically via what could be an entry to DCR. So main park entry is not open.

They make it a Pay-per-ride of say $10 ($15 backwards) and obviously pass holders get free access. 

Could be packaged up to create a ‘combo’ with TG as well. 

Cost to the park would be 3 operators, a maintenance/tech and security”. They’d probably need to sell say 50-60 pay per rides as a break even, which they’d do in spades currently as TG has been having 2+ hour waits for a bay of an evening. 

“Ride DCR while you wait for you tee off” 

*told you it was out there, but I think it Could work...*

• Like 4

I went to TopGolf last Friday night & was greeted with a “Hi, just letting you know there is a 2 hour wait.” We were then left with 2 hours to think of something to do while we wait, which ended up being a bite to eat across the road at the pub. We really wanted to eat at TopGolf because of the amazing food, but ended up not doing so. 

My non enthusiast friends were saying, “I really wish movieworld was open right now..” 

I think if this is a possible thing to do, they really missed their opportunity to take advantage of it on the school holidays. I would start it ASAP running it Fridays & Saturday’s until the hype dies down. 

Edited by xRazzBerryx

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

what about making DCR open from 5:30-9 on fri/sat nights? 

They make it a Pay-per-ride of say $10 ($15 backwards) and obviously pass holders get free access. 

Cost to the park would be 3 operators, a maintenance/tech and security”. They’d probably need to sell say 50-60 pay per rides as a break even, which they’d do in spades currently as TG has been having 2+ hour waits for a bay of an evening. 

It does sound like a decent idea. I'm not against it at all.

I'm not sure passholders should be free access - (I assume you mean VIP \ Onepass \ Membership \ Whatever its called now?) primarily because like most night events you'd see a lot of passholders taking advantage without Village making any money off them.

I'm not sure the math figures out though. Just as a comparison - 16 years ago, Wonderland would hire it's rides as part of night corporate events, and the price charged ranged from $500-600 for flats, and I think somewhere between $900 and $1200 for the big coasters and Space Probe... (that's per hour)

Rivals would run with at least 3 operators, plus you'd need someone taking money - whereas in the wonderland days most everything was set up to run with a single operator.

In 2013, I was quoted $1800 for Sea Viper for an hour (with one operator)... so let's assume Rivals comes in at $2500 per hour just for shits and giggles... I've found it difficult to locate either a complete cycle time, or a PPH figure, so I've spitballed a little...

10 Rows x 2 for 20 pax per ride, and add 1 to average out the sometimes full sometimes empty backwards row - so 21 pax. Assuming a 5 minute turnaround (12 cycles per hour) we're looking at a 252 per hour capacity. $10 per ride, assuming every seat is full on every ride for the full hour, and you've got yourself a profit of $20. Add another $60 for the additional charge on backwards seats - and that's without giving freebies to passholders!

Hardly worth it - especially since you'd need to add additional gate security, and security to prevent people sneaking into other parts of the park. I feel like you need to double the current costings to really make it worthwhile...

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to shit on the idea - I think its a fantastic cross promotion which (TBH) they were stupid not to do from day one... - I just think the costings need to be adjusted a little more - and then - is it worth it? would people pay $20 to ride something they can ride for free when they visit fright nights \ white Christmas?

43 minutes ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

The entry could be that gate between DCR and GL....

Oh wow really?

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

A bridge direct links TG to MW basically via what could be an entry to DCR. So main park entry is not open.

Did you think Brad meant they'd walk you through the ride envelope?

• Like 1

Not sure if it's anything to note, but behind Scooby and near the helix on arkham there is a complete second set of wheel bogies for Arkham just sitting there on a rack. Fairly sure it is nothing, but you never know. Also to note, Movie World was insane yesterday, the carpark wasn't even full but every ride had massive queues. West had a full queue house (nearly opened up the outdoor queue), Scooby had a full line as well. Rivals was 3/4 full (running 2 trains thank god). Batwing had a full queue, superman had a 90 minute wait (one train running, for whatever reason I'll never know). Arkham had a 60 min wait with Doomsday full loading all day as well.

Great to see the Village Parks doing so well, but still only having Gotham, Main St Deli and Dirty Harry open IMO is pretty poor when the park is clearly needing extra capacity for food with the lines for all 3 spilling out onto main street at 3pm.

14 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Not sure if it's anything to note, but behind Scooby and near the helix on arkham there is a complete second set of wheel bogies for Arkham just sitting there on a rack. Fairly sure it is nothing, but you never know.

Most likely the second set of bogies.

They swap the seats from one set to the other during maintenance, then take their time to rebuild the out of service set.

• rappa locked this topic