The Off Topic Topic

Fans of Coca-Cola freestyle may be interested in this...

Currently at the Australian International Movie Convention, Coke are showing off “MIXD” which is basically the frozen coke mini version of Freestyle. This is the first machine in Australia.

Base flavour of frozen sprite with the option to mix in Mango, Vanilla Lime and Raspberry

4BA5B7E2-189A-4CF9-8EE4-6F056FCB0113.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm working on something at the moment about Dreamworlds downgraded theming.

So far I've included wipeout - shark, wipeout logo, surfboards, sand and large amount of water, detail on wave and colour scheme.

Log ride - caved section, overgrown plants, seclusion from the rest of the park and the roofs of the logs.

Does anyone have any other rides that the recall having elements being taken away that is still operational today.

5 minutes ago, Roachie said:

Train - Steam now diesel, reduced carriages, removed rock cave (used to have a huge waterfall)

River - Used to have the paddlesteemer, bushranger show before that

Giant Drop - Used to have interactive panels of stuff in the final room

Thanks heaps, probably take a while to find footage of the giant drop and rock cave however.

25 minutes ago, Roachie said:

The waterfall and steam train will be in many of the 80's TVCs found on YouTube.

Found the show for the train but can't find the cave

This is all I've found and I'm not even sure if that's it.

From_behind_the_waterfall.jpg

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
Picture insert
  • Like 1

Buzzsaw (or is that Buzzkill?) used to have a somewhat elaborate queue, now all gone. The queue was the best thing about that ride imo.

Billabong Restaurant used to have a theme inside, now it resembles a food court.

Shows and entertainment used to be much better (who remembers the Wiz, Goldie the Clown, the Barbershop Quartet?)

27 minutes ago, T-bone said:

Buzzsaw (or is that Buzzkill?) used to have a somewhat elaborate queue, now all gone. The queue was the best thing about that ride imo.

Billabong Restaurant used to have a theme inside, now it resembles a food court.

Shows and entertainment used to be much better (who remembers the Wiz, Goldie the Clown, the Barbershop Quartet?)

The horse drawn cart in Main Street? All of ABC Kids World?

9 hours ago, jjuttp said:

As far as i'm concerned, they could rip every single inch of themeing off the BS queue and it would still be better than the ride.

I like buzzsaw, good offering considering what other rides Dreamworlds offering...

13 hours ago, joel said:

Giant drop West used to have a ‘double’ drop. You would drop probaly 10m then slow and then continue down the tower.

I wish I could find footage of that

• There used to be a policeman that entertained people in the vintage cars (when it was where MDMC is today).
  • In addition to @Roachie posting about a themed final room in GD, there was a movie about the disaster on the Oil Rig that played before you went to the ride room.
  • Tower of Terror had an elevator system to get you to the ride (and better immersive queue theming) before the stairs were put in, back when the ride entry was on the western side of the building.
  • Remote controlled boats.
  • Like 3

• rappa locked this topic