The Off Topic Topic

3 hours ago, themagician said:

PJ Party in a couple weeks 

Why are they dying it now if it is in a couple of weeks ?? I understand it's probably promotion or something, but there's nothing else promoting it near the fountain (eg. a sign)

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Go with Coke (original)). It'll kill you much more slowly than Poweraid!

Anyone know the average life expectancy of someone that snorts coke compared to someone that drinks only poweraids? @AlexB @Skeeta You two seem to be quite knowledgeable on a lot of things.

Edited by Jdude95

15 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Anyone know the average life expectancy of someone that snorts coke compared to someone that drinks only poweraids? @AlexB @Skeeta You two seem to be quite knowledgeable on a lot of things.

In theory, a carefully-controlled coke habit need not necessarily reduce lifespan. But in practice, coke addicts have a habit of dying.  For a comparable coke to poweraid investigation into early death rate you should snort both for better results.

• Like 1

As worrying as the original Disney-esque facades surrounding the i-ride being demolished, it looks like work is gearing up to remove the Big Brother Cafe.

For those unaware, the Big Brother Cafe WAS originally Hollywood House and was the defining reason why John Longhurst bought Dreamworld. It was moved from behind the now Gold Rush Country entrance over to the side of the River Rapids where the building was duplicated to become a restaurant. Here's hoping it's not coming down and fencing around it is being placed up for safety reasons only.

38864825_1023968751112188_5285789003914674176_n.jpg

Edited by Roachie

On 11/08/2018 at 5:24 PM, Roachie said:

As worrying as the original Disney-esque facades surrounding the i-ride being demolished, it looks like work is gearing up to remove the Big Brother Cafe.

For those unaware, the Big Brother Cafe WAS originally Hollywood House and was the defining reason why John Longhurst bought Dreamworld. It was moved from behind the now Gold Rush Country entrance over to the side of the River Rapids where the building was duplicated to become a restaurant. Here's hoping it's not coming down and fencing around it is being placed up for safety reasons only.

Might be fenced off sothe smokers don't get an Andrew H idea.

On 11/08/2018 at 5:24 PM, Roachie said:

Roachie I thought you said in the Longhurst interview thread, that Hollywood House was removed, and some wood was salvaged and used in the BB cafe?

Edited by Glubbo

21 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Roachie I thought you said in the Longhurst interview thread, that Hollywood House was removed, and some wood was salvaged and used in the BB cafe?

It'll be updated shortly - a few weeks back I had a super deep dive on figuring out exactly what was what, which was later corroborated by several former engineers who helped build the park and move Hollywood House itself. Basically I had spent an afternoon with John not too long ago sifting through Apple Maps and photos I had taken inside the park and we were able to work out that the Big Brother Cafe was indeed Hollywood House (it was taken off its stumps, moved and duplicated to become a restaurant) and the house that was eaten by termites was another house owned by one of the brothers of Mr. Day (the original land-owner) located near where the Coomera Motor Inn is today.

• Like 2

• rappa locked this topic