The Off Topic Topic

44 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

😕

I don’t think that’s what he’s been teasing at all...

all his posts have been referring to riding after dark... what does a stair climb have to do with that?

This would just be an add-on to the star tour i’d imagine..

Could be, but he said something about 'a whole new experience for the DC Rivals HyperCoaster'

I definitly say that the images that have been teased aren’t linked to this, and it is just an add on to the Star Tour to try and get interest in it again (that’s if it hasn’t been as popular lately). Maybe they won’t do the AA one anymore, or will alternate, or they will always do Rivals, but if it’s under maintenance do AA instead. 

Edited by themagician

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

😕

I don’t think that’s what he’s been teasing at all...

all his posts have been referring to riding after dark... what does a stair climb have to do with that?

This would just be an add-on to the star tour i’d imagine..

Spot on Brad - especially since the COO's posts haven't just been DCR. There have been several other nighttime \ twilight shots of other rides as well.

Seems ridiculous. I know they've got fright nights coming up, but really, if that's for Scooby, its totally ass about considering all the space they have right beside the damn ride.

quick check of PDonline reveals GCCC has upgraded their PDO system, and browsing is now a lot more difficult without knowing certain specifics.

The change only occurred in June, so only affects lodged applications from that date onwards.

Anyone interested in having a poke around - its Lot 6, SP118653

Probably nowhere to put shipping containers AND utilise the area for fright nights, especially considering both the construction area and the maze area would be well fenced off, which would make things difficult. So there might not be as much space available as you think.

On 11/08/2018 at 4:54 PM, Roachie said:

As worrying as the original Disney-esque facades surrounding the i-ride being demolished, it looks like work is gearing up to remove the Big Brother Cafe.

For those unaware, the Big Brother Cafe WAS originally Hollywood House and was the defining reason why John Longhurst bought Dreamworld. It was moved from behind the now Gold Rush Country entrance over to the side of the River Rapids where the building was duplicated to become a restaurant. Here's hoping it's not coming down and fencing around it is being placed up for safety reasons only.

38864825_1023968751112188_5285789003914674176_n.jpg

Ardent sure must have got a great deal on that maroon fencing!

35 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Probably nowhere to put shipping containers AND utilise the area for fright nights, especially considering both the construction area and the maze area would be well fenced off, which would make things difficult. So there might not be as much space available as you think.

I wasn't suggesting it was possible to do both at the same time, I realise the space for FN would monopolise the available space beside the ride - i'm just saying - THERE'S SPACE BESIDE THE DAMN RIDE!

I know they build those sheds and such out there, and really it was a smart move, but i'd have tried to work around it - see if i could fit it, or schedule the works to take place outside of FN period...

Again, assuming this IS for scooby...

Because i had a boring ten minutes, i thought i'd draw it up. *Disclaimer - i've never seen the sheds in use for FN. I don't know the amount of space that is required (obviously some for queueing). Given the amount of space sometimes had for queueing in the studios, i've left a buffer around the sheds, but i'm sure it COULD happen if necessary.

Yellow is guest access areas. Green is 'available space' for works, construction and shipping containers. Beside this, in red, is an image (in the same scale) showing Rival's works area. Bear in mind that most of that space was part storage, so i've included the 'workshop' and assembly areas which include several shipping containers, site offices and facilities, plus some general worker parking spaces and a little extra 'open' storage space. The red isn't MUCH bigger than the green.

That doesn't mean its the most practical, or that they should have done it my way, or any other argument in favour of doing it this way - all i'm trying to demonstrate is that IF it is for Scooby, they probably COULD have had most of it up beside the ride. They also have plenty of other land around, with back of house access to the ride, that they could store 'extra' stuff they're not using.

image.thumb.png.56a39e24f0e31b7be45519e5b08bf4a2.png

I vaguely recall there being something setup in the 'green area' when I was on Arkham early this week. Fright Nights doesn't interest me so didn't pay much attention to it.

The new PD Online either hates me, incompetent operator, or there is nothing on it. Can't find anything using Lot & Title or Entertainment Rd, Oxenford.

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Yeah noticed that yesterday, and there is a site office/demountable within the Fenced off area. Guessing for SDSC works given their is no real room within the park 

1. Green Lantern has had extended maintenance period?

2. Rivals is about to go down for it's first major maintenance?

It might not be for scooby, but i dont think there is as much space as thought up the back. There are water tanks and some plant building permanently in that space as it is.The fencing put up for previous fright nights that follows the access road is still there too.

That means the whole "hill" behind scooby is fenced off right to the access road behind the show stage. I imagine if you drew a line from the top of this road across show stage, that would form the building site for scooby. No chance of anyone going into a build site without a white card, so you might as well say its a complete exclusion zone to everyone, even staff. 

The gravel area in front of the sheds was used for queue lines for the mazes last fright nights. The road was permanently fenced on both sides and you walked up from the arkham courtyard to the gravel area, so i imagine itll see similar use this year. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

There are now large weeds growing out of the abandoned Jetsteams plunge pool. The whole Mach 5 area is now looking very neglected. There is still no changes with these slides and they have remained in the same state since January, and in just 3 weeks time Jetstreams would have been closed for a year, and Sidewinders closed for 9 months. I would hope that they are pending demolition because the whole structure is a complete eyesore and it looks terrible without its shade sail.  If Village Roadshow is going to let these slides rot, please, please just install a shade sail to make them look somewhat normal.

On 22/08/2018 at 7:09 AM, themeparkaddict said:

There are now large weeds growing out of the abandoned Jetsteams plunge pool. The whole Mach 5 area is now looking very neglected. There is still no changes with these slides and they have remained in the same state since January, and in just 3 weeks time Jetstreams would have been closed for a year, and Sidewinders closed for 9 months. I would hope that they are pending demolition because the whole structure is a complete eyesore and it looks terrible without its shade sail.  If Village Roadshow is going to let these slides rot, please, please just install a shade sail to make them look somewhat normal.

This is completely and utterly disgusting. WNW need to do something, whether it be put up a shade sail, put up a fence to hide the weeds, or just simply tell us what is going on. We just need something, anything.

• Like 1

• rappa locked this topic