The Off Topic Topic

If anyone is interested in reasons why Monorails aren't widely taken up, here's a really well put together video about the monorail network at Magic Kingdom:

Obviously this is only based on Disney's network, but the economics would only become worse when dealing with government, public land and so on.

As for Maglev, considering the rail proposal we saw for Brisbane a little while ago turned into a rubber-tyred-metro system, i'm not so confident we'll see Maglev here anytime in the near future.

1 minute ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Well ardent own sky point and if it’s found to be another safety issue.... But I’m not sure if SkyPoint is where it happened.

Sky point is a tourist attraction on the 70th floor of the Q1. They are tenants of the building. They have absolutely nothing to do with the actual resort or building. There is no pool in skypoint, it’s an observation deck and bar. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2019 at 1:51 PM, Jobe said:

Here is a very interesting case study video on the Sydney/Darling Harbour Monorail system!.

I bet @pushbutton  will approve of this!! 

From the same Youtube channel as the above Sydney Monorail posting, here is a case study video on the life span of the Australia's Wonderland.

Very interesting and I know that there are several  posters on this forum such as AlexB who worked at the park. 

I know that that the death of Wonderland has been talked about ad-nauseum on these boards but this video does provide an interesting  take on the Wonderland saga. He certainly does provide an interesting viewpoint on  a what if scenario if Wonderland had not been sold to Sunway.

Enjoy the video!

Hey, I'm actually the guy who made these videos, thanks for the good feedback.

Making content on theme parks, especially on Australian ones, is not at all common on Youtube, but there's a lot to explore in the Australian theme park world.

• Like 1

• rappa locked this topic