The Off Topic Topic

16 hours ago, Jobe said:

A video, explaining the reasons of why a planned trip review didn’t  happen with a very restrained commentary of what happened  in my opinion, doesn’t constitute a full blown tantrum in the very definition and meaning of the word.

The video existing in the first place is the tantrum. Standing out front with the front entrance deliberately behind him right after it happened isnt "restrained commentary" about why you wont be reviewing it because they conveniently forgot to do a video to tell people that their planned Adventure park visit was also cancelled. Its having a whinge trying to throw shade at them because you didn't get your way. Its absolutely sudden burst of ill temper.

What literally happened is they showed up and started setting up commercial filming equipment without permission and were told not to. They were entirely in the wrong.

If they got caught doing the same thing at Movieworld or Dreamworld theyd also get asked to stop.

Edited by auspicious
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, auspicious said:

What literally happened is they showed up and started setting up commercial filming equipment without permission and were told not to. They were entirely in the wrong.

If they got caught doing the same thing at Movieworld or Dreamworld theyd also get asked to stop.

Will not get an argument from me there. 100% agree.

The video existing in the first place is the tantrum. Standing out front with the front entrance deliberately behind him right after it happened isnt "restrained commentary" about why you wont be reviewing it because they conveniently forgot to do a video to tell people that their planned Adventure park visit was also cancelled. Its having a whinge trying to throw shade at them because you didn't get your way. Its absolutely sudden burst of ill temper.

Yeah......nah. At the risk of going on ad nauseum, please see my other posts on this. IF you think this is a violent sudden burst of ill temper, then I don't think you have ever been exposed to one.............

Please tell me how else they were expected to communicate to their audience that their plans had turned to shit- for what ever the reason?  Seems reasonable to do a video for everyone to explain, no ,matter what frustration or saltiness seeped into it..........

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jobe said:

IF you think this is a violent sudden burst of ill temper, then I don't think you have ever been exposed to one.............

No one including the dictionary definition you're clinging to said anything about a "violent sudden burst of ill temper".

Is there ill temper? Yes, with salty lines about how the other parks they contacted were supportive & how gumbaya don't care what enthusiasts think.

Was it sudden? He's standing in the carpark outside the park straight after it happend.

Was he literally a 4 year old kicking and screaming cos they didn't get a kinder surprise? No so I guess you win.

54 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Please tell me how else they were expected to communicate to their audience that their plans had turned to shit- for what ever the reason?

They didn't make a video to tell to their audience that Adventure park plans were also cancelled which says this has nothing to do with good communication and everyhting to do with having a whinge.

If it were genuine, how about just:

"Due to unforseen circumstances we won't be able to review gumbaya this trip" 

Edited by auspicious

3 minutes ago, auspicious said:

Was he literally a 4 year old kicking and screaming cos they didn't get a kinder surprise? No so I guess you win.

Bingo.

4 minutes ago, auspicious said:

No one including the dictionary definition you're clinging to said anything about a "violent sudden burst of ill temper".

Clinging?? That IS the very definition of a tantrum, though.......sorry you  seemed to miss that point. And you had better read the definition I posted a little more closely- here let me help you , putting in bold the operative words you are looking for "

“a violent demonstration of rage or frustration; sudden burst of ill temper.”

5 minutes ago, auspicious said:

Was it sudden? He's standing in the carpark outside the park straight after it happend.

Yep. Straight AFTER. Hence the need to inform their viewers about the cancelled trip report from Gumbaya World that WAS to be their  LIVE event, communicating to their viewers who were waiting for the stream.

11 minutes ago, auspicious said:

f it were genuine, how about just:

"Due to unforseen circumstances we won't be able to review gumbaya this trip" 

Oh their communication was genuine alright. Did it contain saltiness, disappointment and frustration? Absolutely. But for the last bloody time, a temper tantrum it wasnt . 

51 minutes ago, Jobe said:

And you had better read the definition I posted a little more closely

See that semicolon in your definition? that means that those are two separate definitions. You can't mix the words between them and tell me I'm the one reading it wrong.

You keep ignoring that he didn't say a word about adventure park being cancelled which is odd if this were some genuine video to inform his followers. I follow the PCL page and never saw any posts, videos or comments that said there was a live event happening at gumbaya so now you are just making things up.

Edited by auspicious

Whilst I’m not interested in the semantics of dictionary definitions - it’s an extremely poorly planned and thought out idea.

to tell people you’ll be broadcasting live from somewhere you have yet to receive permission to do so from is straight up dumb. To then get annoyed when your request is denied because a) you didn’t have prior permission and b) it contravenes the rules of the park, is just doubling down on dumb.

to then record and post a video whinging about your poor planning and lack of forethough and somehow making that the parks fault, isn’t tripling down on dumb, it’s just flat out stupid. 

Lets leave “tantrum” aside, as I prefer “hissy fit”.

"Hissy fit" used to describe an adult tantrum but now has become an equal opportunity description, young or old, male or female. What they all have in common is no matter how severe the (alleged) offense, there is always some wounded pride involved, and usually an audience of bystanders along with the culprit who allegedly triggered the hissy.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

it’s an extremely poorly planned and thought out idea.

to tell people you’ll be broadcasting live from somewhere you have yet to receive permission to do so from is straight up dumb. To then get annoyed when your request is denied because a) you didn’t have prior permission and b) it contravenes the rules of the park, is just doubling down on dumb.

to then record and post a video whinging about your poor planning and lack of forethough and somehow making that the parks fault, isn’t tripling down on dumb, it’s just flat out stupid. 

Absolutely agree with that. Its strange that they thought they could get away with it really, considering that its not ParkChat Live's first rodeo so to speak in regards to filming in parks. We all know that any filming in any park would require some sort of permission. Puzzling, to say the least.

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Lets leave “tantrum” aside, as I prefer “hissy fit”.

Oh indeed. I can live with a hissy fit. As i have stated before, the video , certainly had elements of frustration ( at their own stupidity  perhaps?)  and definitely came across a bit huffy. However, it never reached the heights of a full blown tantrum that it had been accused of. All in all, I think we can all safely agree that this is NOT the way to successfully conduct a live theme park filming.........

See that semicolon in your definition? that means that those are two separate definitions. You can't mix the words between them and tell me I'm the one reading it wrong.

AND just to put this to bed and end these somantics ,YES they are 2 definitions meaning exactly the same thing. The point is the word violent was used and accepted in the definition of a tantrum.  It is a very valid point, for the  purposes of this discussion.

You keep ignoring that he didn't say a word about adventure park being cancelled which is odd if this were some genuine video to inform his followers. I follow the PCL page and never saw any posts, videos or comments that said there was a live event happening at gumbaya so now you are just making things up.

Not really relevant for mine. I was commenting on the video THAT was posted. It still served the purpose of communicating to their viewers that the Gumbaya plan had gone to shit. I know. I was alerted by the same video. That's how I was alerted. lol. Presumably since you follow them, you were too.

On 30/03/2019 at 5:54 PM, Jobe said:

They contacted the park days before, who never got back to them.

i would say that it’s rather poor form on the park and complete over zealousness on their part.

'days before' ?

I once did a still photo shoot for Jamberoo. We contacted the park, and were given a marketing contact. we contacted them. they took a couple weeks to get back to us. then we spoke, discussed our plans, and agreed what we could do. then we gave them a date we'd like to come. then they said that didn't work for them as they couldn't arrange for Dax to meet us that weekend, so we changed our date. We then presented at the ticket counter, explaining who we were, and waited at the front gate for their representative to meet us, sign us in, and issue us with a visitor pass that would identify us to their staff.

This whole process took about 3 months.

I'm currently in the process of planning a trip O/S - which isn't for another year. If I were intending on visiting parks over there for "commercial" purposes, i'd be contacting them now.

On 30/03/2019 at 8:02 PM, Jobe said:

A  tantrum it simply isn’t.

I can see why others would call it a tantrum, and now i've read the entire thread I see we've settled on 'hissy fit'. My personal thoughts were "having a big sook".

On 30/03/2019 at 8:54 PM, Jobe said:

Thought I would join the rest of the smart arsery on this board

...first you need to fill out an application form and pay the required fee. You'll be notified in 4-6 weeks whether your application has been successful. ;)

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

to tell people you’ll be broadcasting live from somewhere you have yet to receive permission to do so from is straight up dumb.

This.

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

it’s just flat out stupid. 

Probably a perfect marketing slogan for PCL.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2019 at 6:25 PM, Jobe said:

Like I said earlier, I guess they had to inform their viewers somehow that the heavily promoted Gumbuya review would not go ahead. There was certainly saltiness in the video but I reckon it was fairly restrained. 

Why heavily promote something you haven't completed and don't have approval for?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexB said:

My personal thoughts were "having a big sook".

Yep having a sook is probably a perfect term for it.

7 hours ago, AlexB said:

first you need to fill out an application form and pay the required fee. You'll be notified in 4-6 weeks whether your application has been successful. ;)

Ha!! Noted!! Consider it applied and fee paid.

6 hours ago, Naazon said:

Why heavily promote something you haven't completed and don't have approval for?

This is indeed the question of the hour. Perhaps some form of arrogance from PCL coming through?  However, it possibly could have been handled a little more delicately by those at the park for what possibly could have been a more conducive outcome for all.

5 hours ago, AlexB said:

^it worked for HairRaiser at Luna Park?

Indeed!!! 

7 minutes ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

I'm gonna be that guy again.

I was wondering if any folks here know what these buildings are used for? Given there proximity to the staff entrance and other offices, i figure the ones in the bottom right are admin or something of that nature. Also a courtyard there, is that front of back of house?

Cheers.

Picture1.png

I am pretty sure a good chunk of that is rick’s and that courtyard is the little moroccan themed area that is guest acceseably but do not quote me on that.

Edited by Mc coaster

2 minutes ago, Thrill Seeker said:

Can’t remember which shed, but one of those is crates staked on cates of Xmas, haloween decorations and spare parts

1 minute ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Further up is a store room for props, cars e.t.c. 

I thought those sheds were more towards the back of the park where WWF is?

• rappa locked this topic