The Off Topic Topic

16 hours ago, Thrill Seeker said:

31270CAC-9FE4-4CF8-A3DA-A5F9EE37152D.thumb.jpeg.09282789bc2b9280f764832d3c3ca506.jpeg

Blue = Admin

Green = kitchen / staff space

Red = Admin

Brown = large storage

Purple = show / parade / entertainment maintenance area

Pink = dry food storage

Orange = Ride maintenance (strip down/rebuild)

Correction:

Blue = Wardrobe

Green = Kitchen (Above that is the staff canteen)

Red = Admin

Pink = Staff Toilets / Locker Room + other misc park operations 

Purple = Show's Rehearsal room

Orange = Maintenence

Brown = Parade storage

Teal = Training room (Although most training is in the old gremlins theatres these days)

• Like 5

Three women left dangling from ferris wheel at Circular Quay

APRIL 01, 2019

Three terrified women were left dangling near the top of a ferris wheel at Circular Quay yesterday after a carriage door was ripped off and crashed to the ground as it turned.

The women could be heard screaming “we’re going to die” as they clung to the carriage, which was hanging at an angle after the door disappeared below them.

6aaca7f40c94532e9c4a76b3217f21e4?width=650 Three terrified women were left dangling near the top of a ferris wheel at Circular Quay yesterday.

The ferris wheel, which is part of Smith’s chips Spin To Win promotion, has been shut down while PepsiCo, which owns the Smith’s brand, investigates the incident.

The mother of one of the women, Angie Kelly,” said the incident had left her daughter “very shaken”.

“She thought ‘this is it, I’m going to die’,” Ms Kelly said. “She told me: ‘In my head I thought is this really it?’ ”.

The three women were part of the marketing team promoting the brand’s Spin to Win competition. One of them was taken to hospital with a suspected crushed hand after the incident at lunchtime.

Ms Kelly said: “She told me they got on to the carriage on the ferris wheel and something caught on the door and tore it off. It crashed to the ground when they were two from the top.

“The carriage itself came away and lurched forward and two of them were flung on to the other girl because it was at an angle and dangling, swinging, with no door. They were on the floor and clinging to the other edge, screaming their heads off.”

“They were dangling at the same height as passengers board cruise ships. It was a long way up.”

e4430222cc629eec7bb2d1424ab5a173?width=650 The ferris wheel, which is part of Smith’s chips Spin To Win promotion

“After Dream World wouldn’t you think corporate Australia would be paying attention to safety standards? Who is checking these machines? Who lets randoms put precious children on death machines?

“How about if there had been younger children in there who had no idea what to do?”

“Pepsico Smith’s Chips, a tragedy (was) averted today but do we need a mother to watch her child fall out of a Ferris wheel carriage before something is done to keep people safe at your events?”

Emergency services went to Circular Quay at 12.40pm after reports of an incident on the ferris wheel.

Police confirmed a woman had injured her hand when the door had come off.

The mother says the ride had been open to the public for an hour before the incident happened, with three other young girls in another carriage.

PepsiCo have responded with a statement today that reads:

‘A promotional team member’s arm was injured yesterday. She was treated and released from hospital. Safety is our top priority, and we deeply regret that this occurred.

‘Comprehensive safety checks were undertaken and usage permits were granted before the ferris wheel was operational.

‘The ferris wheel was immediately stopped when the incident occurred.

‘We are working closely with our supplier to understand how this happened. The ferris wheel will not be operational until both PepsiCo and the relevant authorities are completely satisfied it is safe.’

Sorry 😂

teal = school based traineeship education room.

19 hours ago, Thrill Seeker said:

31270CAC-9FE4-4CF8-A3DA-A5F9EE37152D.thumb.jpeg.09282789bc2b9280f764832d3c3ca506.jpeg

Blue = Admin

Green = kitchen / staff space

Red = Admin

Brown = large storage

Purple = show / parade / entertainment maintenance area

Pink = dry food storage

Orange = Ride maintenance (strip down/rebuild)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I don't know. something about PCL and melbourne. two topics i don't really care enough about to pay attention...

Well you DID refer to it in this topic for humour!! Just  adding to and keeping your humour alive!! 👍 And we only mention a tantrum when there is one.😝 A sook is a bit different as we have both established. 👍 

Edited by Jobe

• 3 weeks later...

So credit to PCL for reporting this information first but it appears‘TrickPic’ closed its doors really without any notice.

I did searching up as there’s no acknowledgement by the company stating it’s closed but turns out, If you search it up now on Google it states the attraction is now closed permanently 

17A07D52-7068-4E63-9451-CA71215F99EF.thumb.png.5a811e7dcbf256773964ea14178c9a6c.png

I went there back in December with a few of my family members of last year and I thought it was okay but definitely not worth the price of admission and probably wouldn’t return 

Shame to see it not last long but hopefully something a lot more better than a photo studio takes it’s place

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 1

Ahh!! What a shame it closed. There are similar venues across Australia - there is one in Docklands at Melbourne of which I had the pleasure of visiting with the family.

This is called ArtVo and is thoroughly recommended.

http://artvo.com.au/

They are basically an immersive art gallery where you stand in front of these huge art and wall murals and insert yourself into the frame for amazing 3 D effects. Depending on how you shoot the picture, the effects can be awesome. They are huge amounts of fun and are great for the entire family. 

I would have thought that an example on the Gold Coast would have been a well attended attraction, but perhaps this comes down to the cosmopolitan crowd that live in Melbourne.

It doesnt sound like this one was well advertised though? 

1 minute ago, Skeeta said:

Sounds shit.

I was a little wary of the concept at first but i found the experience to be awesome- the whole family loved it. Its definitely not shit

2 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Except for the part it closed because it was shit.

TrickPic

s1.thumb.jpg.f7cdd8f5392e755cb3992297359722b7.jpg

TrickPic

s2.thumb.jpg.2026efd70dae49417758667b2f3de3b5.jpg

ArtVo

s3.thumb.jpg.750d2feb1e9486993c8f1b66d1067f5f.jpg

Yeah well I was referring more to the Melbourne one as that is the one I have experienced and can safely say wasn't shit. But each to their own.

As I stated earlier, i think the fact this this experience appears to have been not well advertised or well known , even amidst some of the posters on this board, would have to be a major reason why this appears to have failed. A number of other factors could have contributed- high rent, poor cashflow, parent company had other financial issues. Who knows?

Edited by Jobe

I'm not at all surprised by this. How long was Draculas open? Cetainly over a decade at least.

There's a lesson in this for other tourism businesses (theme parks included).

If visitor numbers are dropping, but the attraction has been proven a success for many years (which Draculas owners said on Facebook was the case prior to its closure), the answer may be to invest in the business, not replace it with something that may not prove to be as successful as what was already there!

The haunted house could have continued to be successful, and attracted many more visitors for decades to come, if the owners had just invested in new technology and refreshed it from time to time!

There's all sorts they could have done. Basically though it was an awesome attraction, and it's very sad to see it go (the haunted house, not the stupid place where you could pay to use your own phone to take photos of yourself in front of pathetic cutouts)!

The Trickpic Facebook page has a post as recent as late March, so it must have closed very recently. However the Facebook page gives no indication it has closed!

• Like 3

• rappa locked this topic