The Off Topic Topic

On 02/05/2019 at 4:37 PM, AdrianHallam said:

Finally Dreamworld reveal their business plan. Rducing our Carbon Footprint. Less rides in park, staggered ride times, Lots of shaded seating and everything sustainable. Coming soon pedal powered pumps in Whitewater world. 

On 02/05/2019 at 1:12 PM, Skeeta said:

Who cares about SV still not going now because this will defiantly make me return.

Yeeeeeah, I'm sure the Food and Beverage department has a say in ride count, ride waits or park seating.

@themagician Why you would want to spend $11 000 on a Luna Ghost is beyond me.

You can get a Chair O Plane for $8500

21241936_Chairoplain.thumb.jpg.8f8790999bafcdbcd15b46d1f364e99c.jpg

You can get a Flying Dragon for $14500

853191630_flyingdragon.thumb.jpg.89acf4b8ba51ef88ef0ee76f4bfed5af.jpg

You can get a Water Boat Ride for $8000.

2106874845_Waterboatride.thumb.jpg.3bd470a06ed56d9583b0e93cce9389c2.jpg

Set one of these beauties up in your backyard and you will never have a need to go to a Theme Park again.

51 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

@themagician Why you would want to spend $11 000 on a Luna Ghost is beyond me.

You can get a Chair O Plane for $8500

21241936_Chairoplain.thumb.jpg.8f8790999bafcdbcd15b46d1f364e99c.jpg

You can get a Flying Dragon for $14500

853191630_flyingdragon.thumb.jpg.89acf4b8ba51ef88ef0ee76f4bfed5af.jpg

You can get a Water Boat Ride for $8000.

2106874845_Waterboatride.thumb.jpg.3bd470a06ed56d9583b0e93cce9389c2.jpg

Set one of these beauties up in your backyard and you will never have a need to go to a Theme Park again.

Unless you want to go to a THEME park as opposed to a fairground. 

Despite what Dreamworld management seem to think, there is a HUGE difference! 

By the way, I do realise that your post was meant 'tongue in cheek'!

1 hour ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

This doesn't make any sense.

It simply means what it says.  Nothing hidden. Maybe you're trying to read too much into it?

52 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Not the first time, probably not the last.

Ok then Alex.  I get that you don't like me. That's fine. We've never met and almost certainly never will. So can you please have the decency to not comment on or about any of my posts from now on, and I'll do the same!

3 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Unless you want to go to a THEME park as opposed to a fairground.

If you wanted to go to a theme park you would go to a theme park. 

Push is a theme park a theme park or not a theme park isn’t cut and dry and if you only attended "THEME PARKS" you would end up missing many great places to ride great attractions.

The “PURE” theme parks that you want are few and far in between. 

DW has never been a pure theme park.  

Disneyland is a Theme Park (pure theme park)

Movie World is a Theme Park (cheap knock off more an amusement park)

Dreamworld is a Amusment Park (no similar theme around the park with the addition of a water park on the same property with no separation)

Seaworld is a Marine Park (with some rides)

Wet’n’Wild is a Water Park (rides for everyone)

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Ok then Alex.  I get that you don't like me. That's fine. We've never met and almost certainly never will. So can you please have the decency to not comment on or about any of my posts from now on, and I'll do the same!

Push, in all honesty - it's not that i don't like you as a person - as you pointed out, we've never met - so to take a dislike to a person i've never met seems a little odd.

On the other hand, I find many of your opinions objectionable, and as you so rightly pointed out to @T-bone recently - everyone is entitled to have and voice their opinion. This means you are free to express your opinion, and I am free to express my opinion of your opinion.

You are of course free not to comment in reply - that is your prerogative, but i'll certainly call a spade a spade, and bullshit bullshit, where I see it... this means I will continue to comment on or about any of your posts where I see the need. If a mod feels i've crossed a line, they'll certainly address it. If they don't, then clearly, it is acceptable to post! :)

I'm not keen to derail another thread on your whinging, so if you do feel the desire to take the (de)bait, feel free to send me a PM.

As for this particular discussion regarding theme parks, although this is the 'off topic' topic, i feel a discussion on theme parks (and what they are) probably deserves it's own topic - so i'm off to create one. See you there!

• rappa locked this topic