The Off Topic Topic

PJ Party is back at MW

Gather your friends and join us for the biggest Pyjama Party in 2019. Friday 16 August 2019. 6:30pm – 10:00pm

Help support children in foster care and experience the wonder of Warner Bros. Movie World by night in the comfort of your PJ’s. Experience some of your favourite rides and attractions with live entertainment including DJ, face painting, prizes & much more!

Ticket Prices
Until 1st August: $30.00 per person
From 1st August: $35.00 per person
At The Front Gate: $45.00 per person

https://movieworld.com.au/seasonal-events/pyjama-party

• Like 1

The ride involved in the Indian accident was more than likely a Chinese/Indian knock-off pendulum ride. It wasn't one made by a reputable manufacturer as it doesn't look like Intamin, Zamperla or Mondial's offerings. The ride probably was welded crappily hence why the weld failed. The reputable European manufacturers have good enough quality control to check weld quality. Most notably, the ride parts, including the arm that holds the gondola in place, are engineered properly to support a full load of guests. Something the manufacturers in third world countries don't do.

Also the culture towards amusement safety, obviously, is probably very different in India compared to what it is here.

An important thing to note for the public to note before these two accidents put off chances of riding Goliath or Claw.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 2

"Children under 4 are not permitted to ride". So does that mean everyone else is permitted to ride now, at last? 

HAHAHA. Just joking! 

On a (very slightly) more positive note, I went to Winterfest a few days ago and saw they're making fantastic progress on the shaded seating area. 

At this rate, I'd say it should be fully operational around late 2019, or early 2020 (the shaded seating area, not SkyVoyager obviously).

Can't wait to try it out! 

Edited by pushbutton

Boxing Day would be a logical opening date, except Dreamworld has already confirmed SkyVoyager will open on Boxing Day. Who knows, we might be lucky enough to get two new attractions on the same day.

To answer your second question, and given there has been no acknowledged delay on the shaded seating area as yet, it's fair to assume that the first official delay should be at least 6 months.

I'm not sure if the shaded seating area falls within the scope of the new Amusement ride safety regulations, so we could see no additional delays after that, maybe. 

How exciting! 

11 hours ago, Slick said:

Incase you wondered why Tokyo DisneySea is easily the world's best park, here's another reason:

I was just thinking it was a park full of magnificent queues and not much else. Then came some good examples of how projection mapping can be used in a ride (or in the pre-show in this case). I got a sense of how amazing Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster could have been. 

Finally I got to see how brilliant it would have been had SkyVoyager opened. 

A great park indeed! 

Edited by pushbutton

4 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

If you like, but seems totally unrelated to me! 

It's an example aimed to illustrate the point that I reckon you're way off the mark in your thinking there, captain. Tokyo DisneySea's rated by most critics to be the best theme park in the world, bar none, and you don't get that kind of status just by having pretty queue lines and not much else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pushbutton said:

If anything, that first comment was a bit of a criticism of how much time in the video was devoted to the queue line  (pretty as it is)!

Then you should write your post as such. ;)

I think what's really exceptional about this new attraction is Tokyo DisneySea have demonstrated that you can actually apply an exceptional vision/theme/basis that works well with the ride experience AND (as it turns out) you can actually market flying rides well. It's classic Oriental Land Co. to a tee - take whatever's in the Imagineering Catalogue and turn it up to eleven.

Also, who would've thought Soaring would've opened before Sky Voyager? :P

Edited by Slick
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Slick said:

Then you should write your post as such.

Now, you all know i'm no fan of Push... but I have to say - he did. I do kinda feel like you've misunderstood his intention because you read the first sentence, and didn't continue, but looking at it again:

13 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I was just thinking it was a park full of magnificent queues and not much else. Then came some good examples of...

Followed by:

13 hours ago, pushbutton said:

A great park indeed! 

You focussed on his initial statement without the rest of his post.

I read it i think the way he intended, and i understood what he meant just fine.

To reword it - "at first, it gives the impression they've got great queues and not much else, but then came...."

Anyway - you've given him a hard time for explaining things poorly, which he does at times, which is probably why we all give him such a hard time, but in this case i don't think he is to blame for the misunderstanding...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slick said:

Then you should write your post as such. ;)

I think what's really exceptional about this new attraction is Tokyo DisneySea have demonstrated that you can actually apply an exceptional vision/theme/basis that works well with the ride experience AND (as it turns out) you can actually market flying rides well. It's classic Oriental Land Co. to a tee - take whatever's in the Imagineering Catalogue and turn it up to eleven.

Also, who would've thought Soaring would've opened before Sky Voyager? :P

Whatever job you have  (if you have one), you should leave it and become an English teacher. 

You don't need any qualifications. I have a friend in the UK who advertises her services to foreign students and has declared herself an English teacher. 

You can do the same! 

2 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Whatever job you have  (if you have one), you should leave it and become an English teacher. 

You don't need any qualifications. I have a friend in the UK who advertises her services to foreign students and has declared herself an English teacher. 

You can do the same! 

I make more money in advertising creating copy. 😜

Now you can queue less and play more, ammirite?

21 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Now, you all know i'm no fan of Push... but I have to say - he did. I do kinda feel like you've misunderstood his intention because you read the first sentence, and didn't continue, but looking at it again:

Followed by:

I read it i think the way he intended, and i understood what he meant just fine.

To reword it - "at first, it gives the impression they've got great queues and not much else, but then came...."

Anyway - you've given him a hard time for explaining things poorly, which he does at times, which is probably why we all give him such a hard time, but in this case i don't think he is to blame for the misunderstanding...

Very gracious of you! 

23 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Followed by:

Sorry, queue lines and projection mapping doesn't make a good park, and adding a Trumpian three-worder at the end still isn't enough to warrant a dismissal of the merit behind my post.

Anyway, glad we're all agreed Tokyo DisneySea is the bees knees.

• rappa locked this topic